List of all DLCs with notable 'hard' events

AJ_Radio

22 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

It took me far less tries to complete Venom Hot Lap 2 compared to 1

Same.

But I was probably simply better prepared when I got to the 2nd one.

Those two events were the only ones that felt impossible to me at first. There are other challenging events, but those two are probably the only ones I would classify as very hard.

1 hour ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Same.

But I was probably simply better prepared when I got to the 2nd one.

Those two events were the only ones that felt impossible to me at first. There are other challenging events, but those two are probably the only ones I would classify as very hard.

How about this other one?

Or this:

@Lance_87 I swear I don't remember those (played this 5 years ago).

There's like only 3 or 4 other races I remember replaying a bunch of times. Usually because I had to work on a specific corner.

Though, I remember a pitch dark and heavy rain event being a complete nightmare too.

Oh, and I also recall being very unsure about buying DC Bikes, afraid the handling would be weird and I wouldn't like or be capable of playing it.

Boy, was I wrong! Friggin' loved it. It's one of those games I wish more people had tried.

I didn't love Driveclub at first, but the more I played, the more I enjoyed it, and it ended up being my 3rd favorite racing game after Project Gotham (X-Box) and Gran Turismo (PS1). And a big part of why I liked it so much was because of the fun challenge these DLC packs offered.

I would have kept playing if they had kept adding content. Hélas... Sony decided differently.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Anyone got some good tips for the drifting events? I kinda suck at these, mostly don't get more than 1 or 2 out of the 3 stars in them. Usually playing the game with automatic shift, tried drifting corners in 3. gear with manual shift but still can't beat most of the 3 star scores.

Edit: Nevermind, got them all done. It made click in my brain somehow :) 

Edited by Solid-Fisch

On 10/21/2022 at 7:35 PM, Lance_87 said:

How about this other one?

this was definitely THE HARDEST race in the entire game for me to complete 

luckily for me... I completed this amg dlc first.. and after completing this race, all other races in the game were a cakewalk in comparison.. even the venom ones 

2 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

this was definitely THE HARDEST race in the entire game for me to complete 

luckily for me... I completed this amg dlc first.. and after completing this race, all other races in the game were a cakewalk in comparison.. even the venom ones 

Noice ?

Edited by Lance_87

I'm replying here after finally achieving 100%. You know what, it is funny... just 2 weeks ago I was reading what you guys wrote here and thought how in the hell can some of you say that, except from a few events here and there, nothing was problematic. I had big problems with the game. Achieved the plat in 2015 but the DLC I found to be super hard. I even struggeled with winning the final tournament of almost every DLC's. Thought that I would never be able to get all gold stars or reach 100%. Then I gave it another try. My expectations were kinda low but I thought at least I should try the win every tournament trophy. As I won more of them I had the feeling that my driving skills at least got a bit better. Then, after years, I realized the green, yellow and red flags in the corners and that they had a meaning. This helped me in getting better in the corners. Eventually, I finally won all the tournament trophies. Wanted to see how close to 100% I could get then. That was last week. With the beginning of this week, somehow, something clicked in my brain. I understood how to manage the cars, even those I thought are impossible to drive. Like the buggy, that weird concept car in the observatory race or the infamous 'One Man, One Engine', 'Atomic Heart' or 'Venom Hot Lap 2' races. One after another I wiped them out. Until, today, I finally completed everything. What a feeling. Such satisfaction. Feeling like Tom Hanks in 'Cast Away' when he finally made his first fire. 

So long story short... this post is for those of you who are struggeling with the game. Those of you that, just like me, thought they could never make it. Believe me if I was able to do it, you can too. There is a very good learning curve, even if you don't believe there is. The game will grow on you the more you dive into it.

I uploaded my successful attemps on youtube and made a playlist that includes 14 events of what I consider are the hardest from all the DLC's. You can find it here: Driveclub DLC's - Tips For The Hardest Events

The list includes:

• Venom Hot Lap 2
  • Atomic Heart
  • A Class Buggy
  • Stormbreaker
  • Crash Bandipur
  • XX Games
  • Mazzanti TT
  • Short Circuit
  • From Marussia With Love
  • Twin Peaks
  • One Man, One Engine
  • Evora Borealis
  • Agera Shifting
  • ExRated

Maybe this will help someone. I'm retiring from the drivers seat now.

Edited by Solid-Fisch
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 26.1.2023 at 11:25 PM, Solid-Fisch said:

I'm replying here after finally achieving 100%. You know what, it is funny... just 2 weeks ago I was reading what you guys wrote here and thought how in the hell can some of you say that, except from a few events here and there, nothing was problematic. I had big problems with the game. Achieved the plat in 2015 but the DLC I found to be super hard. I even struggeled with winning the final tournament of almost every DLC's. Thought that I would never be able to get all gold stars or reach 100%. Then I gave it another try. My expectations were kinda low but I thought at least I should try the win every tournament trophy. As I won more of them I had the feeling that my driving skills at least got a bit better. Then, after years, I realized the green, yellow and red flags in the corners and that they had a meaning. This helped me in getting better in the corners. Eventually, I finally won all the tournament trophies. Wanted to see how close to 100% I could get then. That was last week. With the beginning of this week, somehow, something clicked in my brain. I understood how to manage the cars, even those I thought are impossible to drive. Like the buggy, that weird concept car in the observatory race or the infamous 'One Man, One Engine', 'Atomic Heart' or 'Venom Hot Lap 2' races. One after another I wiped them out. Until, today, I finally completed everything. What a feeling. Such satisfaction. Feeling like Tom Hanks in 'Cast Away' when he finally made his first fire. 

So long story short... this post is for those of you who are struggeling with the game. Those of you that, just like me, thought they could never make it. Believe me if I was able to do it, you can too. There is a very good learning curve, even if you don't believe there is. The game will grow on you the more you dive into it.

I uploaded my successful attemps on youtube and made a playlist that includes 14 events of what I consider are the hardest from all the DLC's. You can find it here: Driveclub DLC's - Tips For The Hardest Events

The list includes:

• Venom Hot Lap 2
  • Atomic Heart
  • A Class Buggy
  • Stormbreaker
  • Crash Bandipur
  • XX Games
  • Mazzanti TT
  • Short Circuit
  • From Marussia With Love
  • Twin Peaks
  • One Man, One Engine
  • Evora Borealis
  • Agera Shifting
  • ExRated

Maybe this will help someone. I'm retiring from the drivers seat now.

Very helpful tips, just finished my 100%. It wasnt too bad, honestly. I am an average racing games player.

For me the hardest ones were 

- Venom Hot Lap 2

- Target Practice

Not so bad were:

- Atomic Heart/Atomic Charge or whatever (once you know the trick to just crash into the every corner it is just luck based to get a nice lap, see Solid Fisch's videos above or my video below)

- One Man, One Engine (surprisingly I got that on the 3rd or so try, within 10minutes of starting it)

Really liked the game tbh. When getting the platinum in 2015 I didnt, but only because there was no content. Well, that is not a point anymore, had a ton of fun with this game. Do note you need access to the dlcs from someone else, as they are delisted.

Video (for the harder races I encountered):

Spoiler

Hardest Events

• Like 2