what have you learned from video games?

ddd49

Learned that if you buy digital games you are making more profit for a company that cares nothing about you. Just making their wallets fatter! Also.. They can pull any game you buy from the digital store at any time and you don't actually "OWN" the games. Buy physical!!!! 

• Like 2

Not exactly things I hadn't thought about, but these ideas were covered well in these games and gave a good perspective.

Metal Gear Solid - your genes don't define you, as in, you don't have to follow the steps of your parents, if your family is bad, it doesn't mean that you are, and the other way around, etc.

Metal Gear Solid 2 - a lot of your thoughts and opinions are a combination of the stuff you've heard from other people, and these people heard it somewhere else, and often you don't know where that idea originated from. Critical thinking is important in the age when people just copy their takes from Twitter.

Metal Gear Solid 3 - kind of an  extension of the first two - people's beliefs and ideas are a product of their environment, and if you were brought up in a different place, you might have a complete opposite set of beliefs and ideals. Take an Israeli guy that roots against Palestine for example. If he was born in Palestine, he'd be rooting against Israel. Politics, religions, race, etc, you'd almost always benefit from looking from an outside perspective. Similar to the previous point, find something you personally believe in.

Persona 3 - this one I definitely thought about before - face the thought of your mortality head on, "memento mori" and all that. It's not a pleasant thought that you'll stop existing one day, but it can improve your life, help you understand what you value and what you don't. The earlier you accept death, the better.

I also like how many people said they've learned English. Games are definitely a good tool for learning languages. Can confirm.

I learned to take a break when I need one, and patience (Jotun), and that I have far more patience with others than with myself (coop games).

That there's always collateral damages, even when you make the best choices (Pandora's Tower).

And that nothing lasts forever, but it doesn't mean we should not try, nor give up (Fragile Dreams).

Also: languages.

trough gaming i learned to understand english and i learned also that even in games can make mistakes while doing the platinum trophie i use now guides from certain sites like steam rpgsite this site i also use guides and they where very helpfull to finish games to 100 percent