what have you learned from video games?

ddd49

Saints Row - Cops and rival gangs will immediately stop chasing you if you go inside your house or business that you own.

GTA IV - No matter the injury you will wake up in a hospital completely fine. No matter the crime, you will only be in jail for a few hours.

Most RPG's - You're everyone's errand boy.

1. Don't come to battle unprepared (any skill-based game and RPG)

2. Video game worlds are completely different from the real world. (any game) For example, if you die, you come back to life shortly. In reality, you will not come back to life EVER.

3. Video games, like any game, are meant to be challenging. (any game) If you don't want to be challenged in your leisure time, like I don't sometimes, find a different hobby. If you want to be entertained, stick to movies, TV shows, anime, manga, etc. If you want to have fun, ride your bike, build with Legos, go swimming with your friends, or anything else that is not a game, a chore, or a job...

Edited by ROBOCRIPPLE_

In gaming we get many chances to save the world,in real life we only have one time to make a difference.

Many of the apocalypses in games are so realistic,to think some things like these could happen to our fragile earth it's mind boggling.

Edited by electrifryer
  • Like 2

Well, I tried to put a rocket launcher in my pants without it being noticeable and didn't manage to.  I tried to jump again while I was suspended in mid-air after a jump and I couldn't.  I grabbed a bunch of similar guns to see if they simply dissapeared and transformed into ammo and I ended up with a bunch of similar guns... which seriously hindered my ability to run.  I tried to reload after I angered my boss so I could try talking to him again and I couldn't find a way to do it.

Conclussion: I didn't learn a damn thing.  It's still fun to play them, though.

• 10 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...