PlayStation Vita Gets a Price Drop to $199.99/€199.99, Memory Card Prices Dropping as Well

Goro

It seemed like a big possibility with numerous retailers dropping the price to $199.99 this week, and now it’s become official from Sony: the PlayStation Vita is down to $199.99/€199.99 starting tomorrow. The price drop is already live on Amazon.com, where you can get the PS Vita Wi-Fi version for the new price of $199.99.

As well, PlayStation Vita memory cards are going to be getting a price drop, though that wasn’t fully detailed.

Edited by Kazuma
  • Like 1

Bullstomp, on 12 Aug 2013 - 17:14, said:snapback.png

Agreed. And the reason he is likely wrong here is because he is talking out of his @$$. Get some trend info or profit margin performance and forcasts before speculating that hard in a public forum.

How would any analyst worth their title make such a prediction now? The PS4 is mere months away and will have more interactivity with the Vita than the PS3 did. Besides, this is summer, when all retail sales except bathing suits and suntan lotion slow down. This summer in particular will have an extended slow down due to the fact new generation consoles are anticipated at the end of the year; no one wants to spend full price on systems that will be current for only a few months.

Bottom line, everything points to a PS Vita system price drop before the end of the year. When this happens, the system will perform better based on being accessible to a larger pool of consumers. A great historical precedent is the Nintendo 3DS, which sucked at launch but took off when they dropped the price. In addition, the PS4 launch will help broaden the appeal of the system and they already have a decent game library as well as the free games on PS plus, which will only help it

The only real issue I see remaining consistent into 2014, and it is a substantial issue, is the price of memory. If this can also be scaled down you will see the Vita sell like crazy.

I would like to take this opportunity to say I told you all so ;)

Meh, today they announced a bunch of indie titles and old ps3 games for the Vita, that will not help it.  It could be $50, if there are no exclusive AAA games, I'm sure most people will not want the system.  And the memory card for 32 gigs is still outrageous, lol.

Edited by drummerklg

haha of course I am. But her money is my money too for the most part, so if it's cheaper for her, it's cheaper for me.

So, what you are saying is that you bought yourself a Vita for your birthday and if you had waited a couple of weeks you would have had enough change for KZ:Mercenary.

I understand ;)