Is We Happy Few worth is as of now?

bosstristan

I've seen a lot of critics in its regard, especially due to technical issues. Has everything been fixed?

I'm really attracted to the looks of it and its atmosphere, and its price dropped to €10-15.

How about the DLCs?

Thanks! :)

1 hour ago, bosstristan said:

I've seen a lot of critics in its regard, especially due to technical issues. Has everything been fixed?

I'm really attracted to the looks of it and its atmosphere, and its price dropped to €10-15.

How about the DLCs?

I haven’t experienced any issues with the game (and trophies), no bugs or anything. I don’t know about the DLC though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bosstristan said:

How about the DLCs?

The game is ok, though can get very annoying at times because of the unnecessary survival mechanics but the load times are painful and overall performance still isn't great, though it's much better than what it was at launch and at least it doesn't seem to crash any more. The DLCs are ok but forgettable and add very little to the overall experience IMO so I would skip them unless you're a completionist. If you can borrow or rent a copy, then I would do that instead of buying one because it's very much a one and done game that you will never touch again after finishing it.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bosstristan said:

How about the DLCs?

Wait, wow, sorry dude, I just read other comments and I got flashbacks: this game CRASHES A LOT! Like every hour or less (but the game autosaves quite often, enough to not get irritated). And minor funny glitches like people floating in the air and then falling to their death. My bad. I think thats about it (without DLC).

2 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Wait, wow, sorry dude, I just read other comments and I got flashbacks: this game CRASHES A LOT! Like every hour or less (but the game autosaves quite often, enough to not get irritated). And minor funny glitches like people floating in the air and then falling to their death. My bad. I think thats about it (without DLC).

How long ago did u play it? I ran through not super long ago and it didn't crash

8 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

How long ago did u play it? I ran through not super long ago and it didn't crash

This^

I last played this game last month and whilst the frame rate still sucked, it didn't crash at all in the several hours that I played it for over a period of 4 days. The worst of the stability problems were fixed with the 1.05 patch and the rest were nuked with 1.06 and 1.07 (which is the latest and final patch). The game was a complete wreck at launch but they nuked most of the issues really quickly.

3 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

The 16th of March 2020 and got the plat on the 26th. It crashed loads for me, every hour, no exaggerating.

Your game must be on a bad world seed, because mine hasn't had any serious issues in months.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

19 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

The 16th of March 2020 and got the plat on the 26th. It crashed loads for me, every hour, no exaggerating.

18 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

I last played this game last month and whilst the frame rate still sucked, it didn't crash at all in the several hours that I played it for over a period of 4 days. The worst of the stability problems were fixed with the 1.05 patch and the rest were nuked with 1.06 and 1.07 (which is the latest and final patch). The game was a complete wreck at launch but they nuked most of the issues really quickly.

Your game must be on a bad world seed, because mine hasn't had any serious issues in months.

Were you guys playing on the base PS4 or the Pro?

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

I buy everything digital. I noticed how people experience bugs etc. so differently cause coincidentally on another topic, a lot of people were having issues with Subnautica whereas I didn’t have any issues at all. Now on this topic there’s mixed experiences as well. I guess some people are just really unlucky? Idk what it is, is there even an explanation to this. ?

1 hour ago, lordzeze said:

Were you guys playing on the base PS4 or the Pro?

Base PS4, 1TB.

1 hour ago, LoveInHell said:

I buy everything digital. I noticed how people experience bugs etc. so differently cause coincidentally on another topic, a lot of people were having issues with Subnautica whereas I didn’t have any issues at all. Now on this topic there’s mixed experiences as well. I guess some people are just really unlucky? Idk what it is, is there even an explanation to this. ?

Base PS4, 1TB.

It's a possibility that your harsh experience is because you was playing digital. In a fair few instances I've tried playing a digital version of a game (usually a ps plus freebie) and it's horribly glitchy or game broken. For example ratchet and clank remake. I could not progress it would crash lock up ECT at a certain point I ended up paying 20 bucks for a physical copy just to be able to finish it

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

It's a possibility that your harsh experience is because you was playing digital. In a fair few instances I've tried playing a digital version of a game (usually a ps plus freebie) and it's horribly glitchy or game broken. For example ratchet and clank remake. I could not progress it would crash lock up ECT at a certain point I ended up paying 20 bucks for a physical copy just to be able to finish it

This^

I have had problems in the past with the digital versions of certain games, only to find the retail copy has none of those problems and works flawlessly. Sometimes, games are just badly made and that's why they crash a lot but they can also be buggy because of a bad port from retail to digital or from one platform to another. The digital version of R&C, crashed like crazy when I played it a few years back so I feel your pain.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

10 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Personally didn’t have any problems with Ratchet and Clank either. But yeah what you’re saying can be the reason why.

On 4/24/2020 at 0:29 PM, DreddPirateRobb said:

Just watch out for the Hot On Her Heels trophy, I had to wait until the end of the game to realise it was bugged and I didn't want to do another playthrough. That and the game crashed repeatedly. I'd wait until it's a free PS Plus game.

Still bugged as of now?

• 1 year later...
On 4/18/2020 at 10:48 PM, Helyx said:

I'd stay away from this game, personally.

Yeah I think I screwed up big time giving the game a chance.

So far I cannot get things to trigger for the you know jack trophy and recently found out that the shady vendor has no items which prevents me buying an item to complete a quest. I looked online and the devs basically say the RNG won't work on every game. Basically and for fuck knows what reason, they decided to do an RNG map, meaning each map will be different per playthrough and some of them a lot of things won't work. Its stupid shit like this with devs coding well above there skills, that keeps people just buying the pick up and play stuff. 

So yeah. Bit pissed off as the game had a tonne of potential, it was just built by the wrong team. 

• Like 1