Why this super low rarity percent?

Just got myself a VR headset and started playing this game. I checked the list here to know more about the trophies and it surprised me the ultra low 0.66% of rarity. But on the other hand, the guide here says that it's a 7/10 difficulty platinum, affordable in 25 hours with 1 playthrough which all around doesn't seem TOO crazy. I mean, I've 10/10 difficulty platinums with higher percent rarity. This game would be my most rare platinum if I ever manage to get it.

Am I missing something? Are some of the trophies unobtainable? Is it really way harder than the guide says?

Edited by BEAST_IHMOTEP

Thanks for clarifying. What I also noticed is that VR games usually have waay more rarity than PS4 games.

Skyrim VR for an example is 1.5% while the PS4 version is at 14% rarity, being the exact same list ? 

Firewall Zero Hour has an incredible 0.5% rarity while the guide says it's a 4/10 difficulty platinum.

Until Dawn has 1.5% being achievable in 10 hours according to the guide.

And it goes on and on... Maybe VR games doesn't appeal much to trophy hunters?

• Like 2

Vr games are generally just harder to platinum for the pure fact that they are vr, some people just cant handle long sessions of vr. Vr worlds though isnt that hard but its still a bit of a pain in the ass to do. In my personal opinion id do danger ball or luge trophies over the scavenger odyssey any day.

• Like 3

A combination of very hard trophies, one game in particular that makes you feel sick, and just not very fun experiences. Plus I think some may be unobtainable now, but down quote me on that.

my advice, drop it. Play Astro Bot immediately as it’s one of the greatest games ever made, then try resi7, wipeout et al.

Also, it was boxed in with most headsets whether people were interested in the games or not.

56 minutes ago, BEAST_IHMOTEP said:

Thanks for clarifying. What I also noticed is that VR games usually have waay more rarity than PS4 games.

Skyrim VR for an example is 1.5% while the PS4 version is at 14% rarity, being the exact same list 1f605.png 

Firewall Zero Hour has an incredible 0.5% rarity while the guide says it's a 4/10 difficulty platinum.

Until Dawn has 1.5% being achievable in 10 hours according to the guide.

And it goes on and on... Maybe VR games doesn't appeal much to trophy hunters?

Skyrim is just too long, and well, dull. 
There are lots of easy plats on PSVR too. Trover, ghost giant, etc.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, BEAST_IHMOTEP said:

Just got myself a VR headset and started playing this game. I checked the list here to know more about the trophies and it surprised me the ultra low 0.66% of rarity. But on the other hand, the guide here says that it's a 7/10 difficulty platinum, affordable in 25 hours with 1 playthrough which all around doesn't seem TOO crazy. I mean, I've 10/10 difficulty platinums with higher percent rarity. This game would be my most rare platinum if I ever manage to get it.

Am I missing something? Are some of the trophies unobtainable? Is it really way harder than the guide says?

Nothing very hard for this one honestly ... the only hard part for me was Scavenger Odyssey ... because of motion sickness for me with this specific game X)

But if you are like me, just put something (like a tissu) on the headset so it sim your head ... and play on TV like a regular game with the headset on your knees to move it when needed ^^'

I think the rarity can be explained because (maybe) the PSVR feets more to casual gamer (who don't really care for trophy completion rate)

The game is good, not the best one, but you should go for this platinum ;)

And i can't recommand enough Thumper as well ! A great game with an UR platinum too :)

Edited by seblegamer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, seblegamer said:

But if you are like me, just put something (like a tissu) on the headset so it sim your head ... and play on TV like a regular game with the headset on your knees to move it when needed ^^'

That's a sick advice for when I've some trouble with any specific trophy in PSVR! Even though I really like the feeling of immersion of VR I can understand if I'm going for some difficult trophy might be too much of a hurdle.

That Thumper game looks great too. I really feel like I purchased a new console instead of an add-on, as I'm discovering lots of interesting games to go for. PS5 can wait for now ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BEAST_IHMOTEP said:

That's a sick advice for when I've some trouble with any specific trophy in PSVR! Even though I really like the feeling of immersion of VR I can understand if I'm going for some difficult trophy might be too much of a hurdle.

It's not an advice to make it easier ... but with some games in VR i can't play more than 5min without feeling really sick ^^'

So the only option for me to do those games, i doing it like a normal game X_x

• 6 months later...

I just started this and finally got a VR.  I got the Iron Man bundle.  Haven't tried that game yet but wanted to see what the fuss was about with the Descent game.  I was flat out amazed.  I tried the  luge game and was able to get too 3rd run.  I got to practice more on that one.  I am very happy with VR so far.  Played for about 1.5 hours with no sickness so I must be doing something right.  

• Like 3

On 4/23/2020 at 10:58 AM, thefourfoldroot said:

Skyrim is just too long, and well, dull. 

Ah, the 6 month later reply. :)

I just finished Skyrim in VR, 100%. It's was definitely long, though I enjoyed a lot of it. Worst part was the giant spiders. Took me about 5 weeks, though I wasn't playing it exclusively. It was also the first time I exploited the hidden chest in Dawnstar and the restoration boosting potions. I've played Skyrim several times before so I just wanted the VR experience more than the story. Melee was a bit sketchy to use, so magic was something I used a lot more than I had in past runs.

Pretty sure I've got Astro Bot so I'll have to give that a go for my next VR game.

On 30/10/2020 at 2:42 AM, darkrequiem7 said:

Ah, the 6 month later reply. :)

I just finished Skyrim in VR, 100%. It's was definitely long, though I enjoyed a lot of it. Worst part was the giant spiders. Took me about 5 weeks, though I wasn't playing it exclusively. It was also the first time I exploited the hidden chest in Dawnstar and the restoration boosting potions. I've played Skyrim several times before so I just wanted the VR experience more than the story. Melee was a bit sketchy to use, so magic was something I used a lot more than I had in past runs.

Pretty sure I've got Astro Bot so I'll have to give that a go for my next VR game.

You’ll love Astro not. Best platformer ever made for me, Mario can now retire, lol.

• Like 3

Just an update to this, I was enjoying PSVR Worlds so far (London Heist is one of my most satisfiying VR experiences yet) In order to know if I'll be able to get this platinum or not, I jumped to the most difficult world (Danger Ball) and trained a bit for few days. Damn is difficult ? With my best efforts I couldn't even get near around 3.000 points out of the 8.000 necessary for the trophy. I step back and enjoyed other games. I could consider coming back to this in the future but most proably not ? Wouldn't mind to 100% London Heist and Scavenger Odyssey though.

28 minutes ago, BEAST_IHMOTEP said:

Just an update to this, I was enjoying PSVR Worlds so far (London Heist is one of my most satisfiying VR experiences yet) In order to know if I'll be able to get this platinum or not, I jumped to the most difficult world (Danger Ball) and trained a bit for few days. Damn is difficult 1f604.png With my best efforts I couldn't even get near around 3.000 points out of the 8.000 necessary for the trophy. I step back and enjoyed other games. I could consider coming back to this in the future but most proably not 1f602.png Wouldn't mind to 100% London Heist and Scavenger Odyssey though.

Just get the leaderboard challenges done in case the servers go down again. The luge tour one is the only one that may require a bit of practice because you have to complete it to upload your score.

Edited by Kcrack_Km

• 3 months later...
On 4/23/2020 at 10:37 AM, PlatinumTrophy said:

Vr games are generally just harder to platinum for the pure fact that they are vr, some people just cant handle long sessions of vr. Vr worlds though isnt that hard but its still a bit of a pain in the ass to do. In my personal opinion id do danger ball or luge trophies over the scavenger odyssey any day.

You're insane! Haha, I guess its because of the motion sickness Scavengery Odyssey gives off? I have zero issue with any VR game but Scavenger Odyssey even gave me a slight bit of it but I liked it!

Cannot imagine someone who is very prone to motion sickness though, I could see why many don't favor it.