A Casual BACKLOG EVENT NOW FINISHED

On 3.7.2020 at 0:07 AM, HummelsSmythe said:

Update from my free day from work! 1f601.png Completed Uncharted and Final Fantasy X-2! Not sure where to move next!

Level 1

Final Fantasy XII

Level 2

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Trials of Mana

Level 3

Jak II (PS4)

Final Fantasy VIII

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS4)

Level 4

Jak 3 (PS4)

Final Fantasy X-2

Far Cry V

Medievil

Level 5

Dragon Quest XI

Bayonetta

Fallout 4

Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS3)

The Last Of Us Remastered

Well I think Kingdom Hearts 2 is one of my favourite games. I can really recommend it, otherwise both of the jak games are relatively short and extremely fun imo. 

• Like 1

Here's the update from this Sunday I spent home! I couldn't play much the past few days, I was hanging out with friends and I worked a lot, but today's been a good Playstation day! ? 

Level 1

Final Fantasy XII

Level 2

Trials of Mana

Level 3

Jak II (PS4)

Final Fantasy VIII

Level 4

Jak 3 (PS4)

Final Fantasy X-2

Far Cry V

Medievil

Level 5

Dragon Quest XI

Bayonetta

Fallout 4

Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS3)

I have eventually decided to go with Dragon Quest because I was missing so little, it made more sense to me to take care of this one. I really loved it, it was a long journey with very lovable characters! Now my question is, I have finished one game per Level, do I have to go back to Trials of Mana and when I complete that one I can move up to Level 3 again?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, HummelsSmythe said:

Here's the update from this Sunday I spent home! I couldn't play much the past few days, I was hanging out with friends and I worked a lot, but today's been a good Playstation day! 1f601.png 

Level 1

Final Fantasy XII

Level 2

Trials of Mana

Level 3

Jak II (PS4)

Final Fantasy VIII

Level 4

Jak 3 (PS4)

Final Fantasy X-2

Far Cry V

Medievil

Level 5

Dragon Quest XI

Bayonetta

Fallout 4

Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS3)

I have eventually decided to go with Dragon Quest because I was missing so little, it made more sense to me to take care of this one. I really loved it, it was a long journey with very lovable characters! Now my question is, I have finished one game per Level, do I have to go back to Trials of Mana and when I complete that one I can move up to Level 3 again?

Good job Smythe - what did you think of Dragon Quest XI? Because I've thought many times about getting that, but I'm not entirely sure if I will get into it. Is it a bit like the tales games (if you've tried those) Or is it something completely different?

Thank goodness I finally get to tick another game of the list This Time it was A WAY OUT great game great story not to long and it was great how it was co op and how they intertwined the two different players was great no wonder it was rated highly on ign etc. Down to two games on my pyramid i feel i might play infamous first then the saboteur but i might change my mind by the time i start the next game.

LEVEL ONE

Marvel Spider-man (PS4)

LEVEL TWO

A way out (ps4)

Star wars Force Unleashed (Ps3)

LEVEL THREE

Jak and daxter Hd Trilogy The Precursor legacy  (ps3) 

The Saboteur (ps3) 

Lego Star wars 3 Clone wars (ps3)

LEVEL FOUR
Infamous (ps3)

Hitman Blood Money (Ps4)

Unravel (ps4)

Battlefield 4 (ps4)

LEVEL FIVE

Yakuza Kiwami (ps4)

Sleeping Dogs (ps3)

Borderlands 2 (ps3) 

gravity rush (ps vita)

Unravel 2 (ps4)

• Like 2

Another update from me! I completed the story in Bastion and wow, what a game. I found myself really liking the combat in this one. I'm thinking of doing another playthrough for the platinum and do 100% since I did the first playthrough pretty much blind and not knowing anything. Might actually start this playthrough later. There are so many weapons and skills, and I think I got a little stuck with the starting weapons since you get used to them, but I'll try experimenting more with the weapons

Very charming game and I love the art-style. Not sure what I think about the constant narrator though, but this game I will definitely recommend if you like action rpgs. It's a sweet and short game as well (Not too short though) but you always unlock something new and the difficulty does ramp up a bit. Though when you get used to the dodging and blocking in this game it will be no sweat. Excited to see if it will be harder with the idols (basically benefits for making enemies stronger)

Also I got the 7 chaos emerald in Sonic. I think it's funny that I find Sonic a more enjoyable game to complete than to play through the first time. So might keep going at that one as well in the background

My Pyramid:

✅ = Completed 100% or Platinum

Anything else crossed over is story completion

LEVEL 1: 

Trine 2: Complete Story (PS4) (Completed + Platinum) 

LEVEL 2:

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition (PS4)

Celeste (PS4) (Completed + Platinum) 

LEVEL 3:

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (PS4)

Oninaki (PS4)

Sonic Mania (PS4) (Completed Story) 

LEVEL 4:

Salt And Sanctuary (PS4)

Bastion (PS4) (Completed Story)

Titan Souls (PS4)

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4)

LEVEL 5:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)

Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS4)

Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls (PS4) - Starting Soon

Mad Max (PS4)

Hollow Knight (PS4)

For my next game though (by recommendation - thank you) I'll be starting Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls. This will no doubt be a longer game than the others, but maybe I can get my friend over and we can co-op as well. Not sure if I'm starting right away tonight or playing some more Bastion, but I will be starting it soon enough

Hope it's going great for you all - I see you almost completed your list @arsenal4life1471 so good job there, I have something to catch up to, but I'm afraid it'll take a while with these long games I've put on my list 

• Like 2

So because I'm really enjoying this event and I felt a little creative, I ended up actually creating a pyramid in PowerPoint to begin documenting my Journey. I made a Pyramid and a "Journey-page" for myself - to make everything a bit nicer for the eyes - hopefully I'm inspiring some of you, if not I hope you enjoy me enjoying my creativity ? I did this to get a little order in the way I'm doing things and because it's nice to visually see how far you've come and what you have yet to do

Here it is - and this will also be the one I will be using from now on:

jsU7fEs.png

As you can see maybe I got a little too creative

And this is what my "journey" looks like:

ISzPBu6.png

I guess these are just to see the order in which I complete the games - Also to put any one of them in the same screen as the pyramid. If any of you likes it and feels a little creative, you can just message me and I'll send you the PowerPoint, then you can make adjustments to texts and colours and such. If there is anything you think I could improve in my design please feel free to come with some constructive criticism - I've spent so much time on it now I guess I'm a little blind on my work

• Like 4

On 6/7/2020 at 0:39 AM, MikkelEhlers said:

So because I'm really enjoying this event and I felt a little creative, I ended up actually creating a pyramid in PowerPoint to begin documenting my Journey. I made a Pyramid and a "Journey-page" for myself - to make everything a bit nicer for the eyes - hopefully I'm inspiring some of you, if not I hope you enjoy me enjoying my creativity 1f605.png I did this to get a little order in the way I'm doing things and because it's nice to visually see how far you've come and what you have yet to do

Here it is - and this will also be the one I will be using from now on:

jsU7fEs.png

OMG, it looks amazing, I so want to do one now as well!

• Like 1

Just an update from me:

------------------

Completed:

Level 1:

:platinum: Final Fantasy VII Remake 

------------------

Level 2:

Tekken 7

Rocket League 

Level 3:

Erica 

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Level 4:

Final Fantasy X HD - Current Progress @ 84%

Final Fantasy X-2 HD - Current Progress @ 28%

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour - Current Progress @ 36%

Ratchet & Clank

Level 5:

Nier Automata

Days Gone

Final Fantasy XV

Watch Dogs 2

Samurai Warriors 4 Empires

• Like 4

On 01/07/2020 at 3:44 AM, Mr-ttaM said:

My backlog is a mess. So a casual backlog event is exactly what I need!

Here's my pyramid - it is going to be exclusively cleanup for things I've already started because that will make starting new games later feel much better!
I may shuffle a few things as I go, so I can double-dip with other events :D

Level 1

Hitman 2 • Additional Expansions - PS4 ✅ Completed July 2nd
have 100%'d the original game; working on the newer DLCs

Level 2

Idle Champions - PS4
This is a game that mostly plays itself, but still has 100+ hours of grind and is somewhat time-gated, so gonna finish the other at this level, and work on this in the background as I move down the levels.

Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns - PS3 :platinum: Completed July 10th
Started 2014, finished story last month, gonna aim to plat' it this month - it's long-overdue!

Level 3

Unravel - PS4
Started this one ages ago, got one trophy, and moved on. Cleaned up a little last week, but have a few final trophies to clean up

FFVII: Remake - PS4
Finished my casual playthrough, now got hard mode and a few other things to clean up.
Broken Age - PS4
Finished the story, got one speed run trophy left for the platinum. Sort of gave up after a few failed attempts ages ago.

Level 4

Kingdom Hearts 3 - PS4
Got the platinum for this, but haven't gotten around to playing the ReMind DLC. I think the DLC requires another playthrough of the main game though so it might take a bit and those data battles are never easy.
Persona 5 Royal - PS4
I got distracted from this because I for FFVII: R at around the same time. So should really work on finishing it off.
Okami HD - PS3
Such a charming game. I don't know why I didn't finish it. :(
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - PS3
Started but didn't get very far back in 2013. Something else stole my attention.

Level 5
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - PS3
Same reason as Okami! It deserves more attention. Also I couldn't not put this in Level 5, ;)
Danganronpa 1・2 Reload - PS4
I played through 1, and started 2 right after which I think lead to burn out.
Final Fantasy X-2 HD - PS4
I started with a guide because I knew from PS2 how annoying getting 100% is. I missed a step and lost 0.2% which made me lose motivation. Gonna try again guide-free and accept I'll need 2+ playthroughs.
Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4
This didn't hook me, but deserves another go.
Batman Arkham Asylum - PS3
I don't know why I never finished this.

Please post a new post for each update Please!!

Well its been just other two months since i started this forum thank you for all who has joined in so far im glad you guys are making some gains on your backlog thanks to this event How is everyone enjoying doing there list ? Thanks to  @hittheroadbucky @MikkelEhlers @brenika @TheUntold_Truth

@Barbeqmeister @FFATMA @lucky0ne16 @gazdavis11@Dethfuse @MICSAM89 @HummelsSmythe@Princess_Nagisa@Rello-Evante @Mr-ttaM@dark_knight360 For joining so far :)

Edited by arsenal4life1471
  • Like 1

Although I'm going slow, I'm still going!  I'm working on Persona 5 Royal right now!  After I'm done with that one, I'm going to probably head back to Tier 3 and play FFVIII Remastered.  Been eyeing that one for a few weeks now!

Also going slow from me, but definitely going forward - I ended up getting the platinum for Bastion - a really great game, a little difficult to platinum in the end but not too hard. I really enjoyed it and I can definitely recommend everyone to give it a chance. It's not too long but not too short, and it has awesome combat. Maybe you like to experiment, and you can do that in this game, or you're like me and you're trying the different weapons to look for your favourite either way I think most will enjoy this game

The combat challenges are the hardest part of the platinum by far, and even then it's not that bad though it got really clutch for me

Anyways I'm on to the next game and starting Diablo III tonight. I'll be starting a new save (Got to act 2 in a different playthrough) and experience it from the start again. I'm a little bit afraid that this will consume my life.

Here's my pyramid update:

KREiqcj.png

Also thanks so much for the kind words on the pyramid, feel free to let your creative juices flowing I can't wait to see the creations that'll come.

• Like 2

As I said I’m at my mum’s just now and likely won’t be back home until some point after the 20th (haven’t decided when we’re leaving yet) so I haven’t made any progress on my pyramid as I only have my vita with me ? 

I did finally get around to playing my name is mayo though ? I wanted to continue my plat streak and I wasn’t sure if I’d have the time to complete one once I was home. I’ve got at least one platinum every month since December 2018 ?

• Like 2

Another update from me - it's been a productive weekend.

------------------

Completed:

Level 1:

:platinum: Final Fantasy VII Remake 

Level 2:

:platinum: Rocket League - Misc. DLC left to clean up, but another time.

2705.png Tekken 7 - Only dreaded online trophies stopping me from the platinum

Level 3:

2705.png Erica - Completed the story a few times, need about 1 or 2 more for platinum

------------------

What I Have Left:

Level 3:

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Level 4:

Final Fantasy X HD - Current Progress @ 84% - Might Change This Out, already finished the story and was thinking of going for the plat but... eh.

Final Fantasy X-2 HD - Current Progress @ 28%

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour - Current Progress @ 36%

Ratchet & Clank 

Level 5:

Nier Automata

Days Gone

Final Fantasy XV

Watch Dogs 2

Samurai Warriors 4 Empires

====

Tempted to make a Level 6 to be honest.

Edited by Rello-Evante
Formatting
  • Like 1

good going @Rello-Evante its great you have had a productive weekend this weekend its great to see. You have two choices on what to do with Final Fantasy X HD you may swap it out just this once :)  or as you have done the story tick it off as you only have to complete the story in this back log event and you are eligible to do a level 4 game as you have completed the required one game on the level above that is unless you completed that story outside of the event that would mean you can't tick off unless you want to playthrough it again (i hope your following this lol). Its up to you but whatever decision you make please post an update on this forum please :)

In regards to a level 6 for this event im not allowing any bigger pyramids than the stated 5 level one however once you completed the pyramid you are on you can start another straight after. (I am two games of completing mine and will start a new one straight away). I hope i havent lost you on this post and i look forward to hearing from you @Rello-Evante

Level One

Doom Eternal - Done (PLAT)

Level Two

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Working On 
Death Stranding

Level Three

Dishonored 2 -Done (PLAT)
Dreams - Son has been doing 
Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality - Done (can’t do last trophy for plat but happy with what I’ve done)

Level Four

Stranded Deep • EU 
Doom VFR 
Dragon Ball FighterZ - Done (PLAT)
Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment - Working on online time 

Level Five

Minecraft - working on with son 
Cities: Skylines
Fortnite • EU working on but due to lock down to many kids messing around so hard to progress with it 
The Escapists 2
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition • EU

Not on my list but also did Dishonored 3 (to complete them all) Adventure Time, ABZU and Chardes with the kids as due to lock down playing certain games with them around is hard 

• Like 1

damn i forgot to make a list to do, i have completed all the borderlands on ps3 and ps4 except borderlands 3 and battle field bad company since i have listed i wanted to take part in this

• Like 1