How many people are needed for online trophies?

It's indeed six players for the "online" trophies (ranked mode 250 games/wins).

The game was on PSNow at least so the most efficient way to do it would be to get 3 people, each with an extra console or PSNow client and just start and quit 250 games against extra accounts.

The rest of the multiplayer trophies aren't technially online as they can be done via LAN. As for the requirements you can do most with just 2 players but there's a few of the specific things you have to do require at least 3 players (might have been 4 but think it was just 3).

And yeah, it's grindy. And you'd have to boost it since it's been dead for years now.

Basically what's been written before for the most efficient way to grind the 250 wins. You need at least 6 players to start a match.

Grinding xp can be done with one partner in Capture the Flag. It's quite fast when you get used to it, but it can get old after a while. Taking turns blasting each other away in a 4 or 5 players party with mics can be fun, actually.

For the Mad Genius trophy, one of the challenges requires you to earn every bonus 5 times, the last bonus unlocking when you reach 56k xp. Some of the challenges require 3 players (assist, heal teammate, line up, knockdown, pack hunter, remote save, rescue kill, vendetta), like IDiivil said, but iirc at least three of them need 4 players (BBQ, megakill, sync kill). 

• 8 months later...

Everything except those 250 wins and the challenges (there was some, where you needed 3 people) you can do in LAN with your 2nd console .. there is a small map (a town map) where you can shoot through the buildings and spawn kill your bots.

That's why the fastest way will be a Teammode, where your boost wins with quitting for team 1, then team 2.

In case of quitting, you have to do it like this:

Match starts, wait 5 seconds, host leaves, wait 5 seconds, next person leaves and so on.

Otherwise like @quickfoozlle mentioned the game crashes.

Edited by jayboo1991

• 5 months later...
On 07/02/2021 at 5:34 PM, jayboo1991 said:

Everything except those 250 wins and the challenges (there was some, where you needed 3 people) you can do in LAN with your 2nd console .. there is a small map (a town map) where you can shoot through the buildings and spawn kill your bots.

That's why the fastest way will be a Teammode, where your boost wins with quitting for team 1, then team 2.

In case of quitting, you have to do it like this:

Match starts, wait 5 seconds, host leaves, wait 5 seconds, next person leaves and so on.

Otherwise like @quickfoozlle mentioned the game crashes.

On 07/02/2021 at 2:01 PM, eternit_pl said:

5 players is minimum to start a match. Anarchy is for 5-6 players.

Contrast here, is it 5 or 2?

3 hours ago, willmill97 said:

Contrast here, is it 5 or 2?

It's been a while since I finished this, but if I remember correctly, you need 6 people minimum for the TDM quitting method. While anarchy can start with 5 players, I don't think it's as quick or efficient as the TDM method. Any trophy with "Matchmaking match" in the description needs to be done in public lobbies which require more than 2 players (5-6 depending on game mode of choice). "Grab Some Popcorn" also requires about 6-7 players, and "Mad Genius" requires at least 3-4 for some of the challenges (although most can be done with 2 players only). 

Something else I thought I'd mention here, while you can start up a mp match just with yourself in the lobby, it will not count towards any trophies. You physically need to have another player with you in the lobby for any of the trophies to pop. This mainly applies to trophies such as: "Juggernaut", "Doozer", "Try Anything Once", and "Check Your Map". 

Basically, anything with "Matchmaking match" as well as "Grab Some Popcorn" and "Mad Genius" require more than 2 people. Most of the other mp trophies can be done with just two players (for example, xp grinding, farming kills, and some challenges). 

Edited by z99f

Hi, can anyone tell we why im not getting exp points of destruction in wrecking crew mode for the Wrecking Ball trophy? A friend of mine had same issue, and suddenly one day it started counting. Any ideas? im connected online on the ps3 and i didn't start yet the campaign, but i did the multiplayer trophies except for Red Faction Member obviously. Feels a total waste of time to me, i 've played more than 10 matches today, same the other day and none of them have given me points, what im doing wrong? im doing exactly as playstation trophies guide says, setting the right configuration of the match in order to get the maximum points as possible, Mode is Total Chaos, Map is Complex, using Singularity Bomb and Backpack Rhino, Barrels On, Building Collapse High, 1 Player, 1 Round to Win, getting about 100,000xp-200,000xp per match