Just to kill time what's your favourite videogame soundtrack?

aawwwf4u

Doesn't get much better than Mega Man 2. Or DuckTales on NES (especially the Moon).

Still, my favorite soundtrack is from Chrono Trigger and FFVI (yeah, I like to mention those games a lot). The battle music in FFIV is superior to FFVI, though.

From newer games the soundtrack from Bioshock is spot-on, really captivates the atmosphere of Lost Atlant.....Rapture.

Gotta love the music in Ni No Kuni, too. Gives proper justice to the childlike exploration of a vast and colourful world.

• Like 2

Doesn't get much better than Mega Man 2. Or DuckTales on NES (especially the Moon).

Still, my favorite soundtrack is from Chrono Trigger and FFVI (yeah, I like to mention those games a lot). The battle music in FFIV is superior to FFVI, though.

From newer games the soundtrack from Bioshock is spot-on, really captivates the atmosphere of Lost Atlant.....Rapture.

Gotta love the music in Ni No Kuni, too. Gives proper justice to the childlike exploration of a vast and colourful world.

Definitely LOVE Ni No Kuni. Feels like watching a Ghibli movie. Thanks for reminding me I have to plat it!

I also love the soundtracks to Minecraft, Pokemon Red/Gold/Diamond, The Legend of Zelda and Anodyne.

I highly recommend Anodyne to anyone who loves Legend of Zelda games and 8-bit style music.

Here's the link to Anodyne's soundtrack: http://seagaia.bandcamp.com/

Edited by rsoto1125
  • Like 1

Definitely LOVE Ni No Kuni. Feels like watching a Ghibli movie. Thanks for reminding me I have to plat it!

I also love the soundtracks to Minecraft, Pokemon Red/Gold/Diamond, The Legend of Zelda and Anodyne.

I highly recommend Anodyne to anyone who loves Legend of Zelda games and 8-bit style music.

Here's the link to Anodyne's soundtrack: http://seagaia.bandcamp.com/

Having watched every Studio Ghibli movie (except Porco Rosso), couldn't agree with you more. After Platting it, still makes you want more.

As a huge fan of Legend of Zelda series and 8-bit music, I just had to visit your link to Anodyne's soundtrack and see what all the fuzz is about. I did not like it...

I LOVED IT! That truly was a nostalgic journey to an era of masterful game music, thank you for that  :ninja:

• Like 1

Having watched every Studio Ghibli movie (except Porco Rosso), couldn't agree with you more. After Platting it, still makes you want more.

Porco Rosso is one of my favorites :] Then again, its really hard to pick favorites from all of them.

As a huge fan of Legend of Zelda series and 8-bit music, I just had to visit your link to Anodyne's soundtrack and see what all the fuzz is about. I did not like it...

I LOVED IT! That truly was a nostalgic journey to an era of masterful game music, thank you for that  :ninja:

I felt instantly crushed after reading "I did not like it..." and then I continued reading :P

Great to hear you like it :D Glad I could get someone else into Anodyne. The music and gameplay takes me back to the feelings I had playing the first Zelda and Pokemon games as a kid.

Just indescribably awesome.

• Like 1

Okami's soundtrack is great; really matches the style of the game similarly to LoZ

Otherwise, Bioshock overall really matched the ambience of the atmosphere for me. Also, there were moments in RDR (entering Mexico, random wild west encounters) that really pulled me into the game.

Oh, and every Metal Gear Solid game! (Kojima knows what he's doing :P)

In general though, I reckon that a great game's soundtrack can really stick with you after you've played it, and bring back so many good memories.

• Like 1