Survival

I've had more luck solo than with randoms (with & without mic) made it to 8th boss who was dream eater...I fell down a hole. I think I'm done for awhile.

Better news, they finally acknowledged the hotfix problem https://www.reddit.com/r/remnantgame/comments/gzcvqo/comment/ftggt4h 

Edited by Kuzigari_
Meant 8th not 9th
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

Last long enough to split him into 8, train them into a group and then use explosive shot (pretty common as a labyrinth purchase). It pretty much ends the fight immediately on lower levels and does up to half the hp bar on higher ones.

Didn't get anything with AoE 6 bosses in so nice theory.

7 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Does anyone want to see if they can replicate this glitch? Apparently, if playing in co-op, then if you die by falling off a ledge and then the rest of your party dies (soon?) after that, the game (sometimes/always?) respawns you at the start of survival mode with all of your equipment.

If that glitch can be made easily reproducible, it would make the survival trophies infinitely easier.

Had that happen once. Fell off on the stage like an idiot and then when the team got wiped I spawned with everything I had. 

Thing is... I also fell off during a boss fight and after everyone lost I kept nothing so... don't think falling is all there is to it.

2 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

We did it! 1f601.png 

Congrats. Been playing with randoms today, starting to get a feel for it. Are you and your team still going to play for the fragments or are you planning to boost it. Im working on getting a team together, but in the mean time if you ever have a third slot I would be happy to join.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, XileLerinril said:

Congrats. Been playing with randoms today, starting to get a feel for it. Are you and your team still going to play for the fragments or are you planning to boost it. Im working on getting a team together, but in the mean time if you ever have a third slot I would be happy to join.

Boosting with another friend right now and I should have 100% in about 1 hour.  Send me and invite, so you can get some fragments. 

Edited by Fr_0zt
  • Like 2

On 6/10/2020 at 10:22 PM, Kuzigari_ said:

The reason its so difficult is because consoles aren't on the latest hotfix (hotfix 2). We are on hotfix 1. On PC, the vanilla survival mode was too easy; players were hitting huge double digit rounds. Hotfix 1 was supposed to fix that and making it more difficult. However players were having a hard time even reaching 5 bosses because they made way too hard. Hotfix 2 made survival more balanced 

Since consoles are only on hotfix1 for now; we are on the hardest version of survival. 

My question is why didn't they release the dlc with hot fix 2 on consoles certification issues?

This is from their hotfix 2:

---------------------------------------------

[ Survival ]

Enemies

Increased enemy health gain by 4% per world level increase

Increased boss health by approximately 15%

DEVELOPER COMMENT: We noticed that at higher levels, bosses were dying a tad too fast. We slightly increased the general health gain per level and added a little bit extra for bosses. This should make them last just a bit longer but they should still be pretty easy once you get a great build going!

Actually Hotfix2 makes Survival even harder. If anyone is getting the trophy, it's now not later.

Fighting a 2 shotting boss with adds for 5+mins is so fun right?

1 hour ago, VegaTheGreat said:

This is from their hotfix 2:

[ Survival ]

Enemies

Increased enemy health gain by 4% per world level increase

Increased boss health by approximately 15%

DEVELOPER COMMENT: We noticed that at higher levels, bosses were dying a tad too fast. We slightly increased the general health gain per level and added a little bit extra for bosses. This should make them last just a bit longer but they should still be pretty easy once you get a great build going!

Actually Hotfix2 makes Survival even harder. If anyone is getting the trophy, it's now not later.

Fighting a 2 shotting boss with adds for 5+mins is so fun right?

You're looking at the wrong hotfix, that is the one from May 5th, and is hot fix 1, aka the one that made it hard and the one we are currently on. 

This is the one from May 12th, and the one we are waiting to get on console.

Reduced enemy health gain by 4% per world level increase

Decreased boss health from 150% to 135%

Added small exponential HP scalar per level

DEVELOPER COMMENT: In the last update, we increased the base HP for all enemies by 4% and increased the base HP for all enemies as well. Players were having a harder time at early levels, so instead, we reduced the values and added a small exponential HP scalar per world level up. The scalar is small so that has almost no noticeable effect on enemy HP until about level 10. The values are also much closer to the original DLC release tuning for the first 10 or so levels. As players get into much higher world levels, this change will become more obvious.

Edited by XileLerinril
Spelling You're Is Hard
  • Like 3

I played survival solo most of the part and had like 4-5 runs past 12-13 bosses.

The main problem is that to have this runs you are forced to have a combination of daredevils charm, swarm weapon mod, devastator or assault\beam rifle with hotshot mod. Ofcourse you can play around turrets, summons but later on bosses will be damn bulletsponge that it is just more easy to reroll...

One strategy that im using now is like having two sets of items. One for making to the boss (1 part cultist set for mod regen, 1 part twisted set for hp regen, 1 part osseus\void set for damage + xp ring's or amulet ) the other for boss battle ( daredevils charm and body armor part + all rings and amulet for dsp ) I now it is all rng but by the beginnig of world boss 6 you will have an idea will you be able to make it past 10th boss.

1 hour consumables are a life saver. Health and armor is a must. I usually buy them and use before world boss 6.

Still i'm not gonna defend stuff like:

Riphide which is borderline retarded and infuriating. If you do not have daredevil's charm, swarm mod and devastator it's a run ender 90%. Watching a room of mobs healing and gangbanging you with AOE is not fun.

The amount of health Barbed terror have and hitbox on his vertical attack is kinda too much.

Sear and Scald aside from the situation where one of them glitches through to wall or roof are not pleasant to fight agains no matter what equipment you have.

Edited by Milky_Lizard

using the heartseeker ring (extra crit vs unaware targets) ricochet rifle and daredevils u can kill 3-4 enemies with one trigger pull and just plow on through, you can straight up delete the map 1 projectile per group. and the twins get absolutely destroyed by it. other things i have noticed about ricochet rifle, it actively seeks out and 1 shots boss projectiles. shooting it at a wall near the enemy is more helpful then directly at the enemy. when it comes to heavies, u can launch a projectile at it, then swap to pistol and nearly every heavy in the game will be dead before the clip is finished. it's hands down the best utility weapon in the game, you can put any mod in it, and it will restack debuffs on every enemy it doesn't outright kill.

my problem is on the 9th boss i get antsy, with a group it's ok but i'd feel better if everyone had beam rifles. so OP. beam rifle and daredevils is best for boss deletion. but if you wanna do really well without daredevils you gotta learn to master the hunting rifle, or even better sniper rifle. you can buy em from the vendor and the damage is mental with weakspot trinkets.

5 hours ago, XileLerinril said:

Yes, they said they need to get it through certification with Sony/Microsoft. Which can take a few weeks. 

Thanks for letting me know, guess il be farming glowing fragments in the meantime 

Running excellent setup. Beaten 7 bosses. Next one sure to fall soon. Game crash. Very frustrating when a game requires you to put in several hours (2ish for this one) on online and even if nothing happens on your end, the game crashes itself (game I was playing with crashed too so it wasn't isolated to just me). 

• Like 1

Having ran a game on it. The difference does appear noticeable. Person I was playing with was surprised one of the bosses we faced went down so quickly. 

Failed at the 8th boss again though, not due to a crash though which is at least something. Gorefist being a pain again. Took the guy out so I had to solo him, which I nearly did but eventually got me.

I'm going to list some advice I have. People should provide their own if they have it.

1: Daredevil charm is nice and one of you should certainly use it. Don't go full out though, try and wear a chestpiece so you have at least some defence. Heavier the better.

2: Submachine gun is one of the best pistols to use. It's DPS is huge and it builds up your mod power incredibly quickly. Pride of the Iskel is the only one I've seen that can be better through it's sheer damage output, though you will be giving up a mod slot in the process (it's mod is fine, try and use it when you've taken some damage but aren't critical as that is chancing things).
3: The Ruin long gun is the most expensive weapon at 3500 but is well worth it, especially for whoever runs Daredevil. It revives you on death though again, you're basically using up a mod slot as outside that it does nothing. It takes quite a lot of firing to charge it though so you may want to have a piece of armour of the set that passively charges up your mod power. Remember though, it does cost 3500, so if you want it, make sure you start stages with a good enough amount that you're sure you'll get enough to make it to 3500.

4: Out of equipable mods I've found the ones that summon things to be the most worthwhile. Enemies usually do ignore them yes, but they inflict damage even when you're dodging for your life and don't need you to be close or to be aiming at the enemy. The skulls you get from one of the Rhom bosses are good because unlike the Root Hollows it's much easier to avoid hitting them yourself. The turrets that you can buy in the shop can be cool also, I recall on one of the bosses they straight up blocked his path and he got stuck unable to get to us so we just unloaded into his face without issue.

5: Learn how to dodge. Some enemies like the big guys in the desert you don't want to dodge to the side or away from as they have huge range and track. You want to dodge towards them. Others you need to dodge at the correct time and not too early.

6: Be aware of pits which some boss fights have. Also be aware that some enemies, such as the Harrow boss have an instant kill attack that stops you from being revived, even from the Ruin Gun.

7: On Ixillis remember that you can destroy the tracking orbs. Something fast firing can do the job, single shot stuff won't cut it.

8: On Gorefist, go to the right into the big open area. If fighting him there you'll be able to see the blobs that explode coming at you and they won't just ambush you and explode on you. They spawn whenever he glows red. 

9: Riptide is weak against anything that can do area of effect damage as he splits into more and more bodies. Ricochet rifle seems effective for that reason too. If you have at least two players try and split up the hoard so you're both on opposite sides of the map. Their shockwave attack has a lot of range but it can't go across the whole map so doing this halves the amount of shockwaves you're going to have to dodge. 
10: On Totem Father make sure to destroy what he throws out as otherwise you'll get overwhelmed. 

11: Remember that you can mark enemies. This is useful on a boss like Shroud who teleports away as having him marked will allow you to know where he teleported to. Remark him when you see him of course.

12: Get your set up and some dragon hearts at the start but don't focus on getting to 10 hearts as soon as possible. Once you're at 7 hearts I'd say, look into the buffs that last 60 mins in the shop. The health one is your first priority, then the critical one I'd say. Up to you from there.

13: Rhom is the easiest area as all the bosses on it are very beatable. Yaesha can be a bit trickier but should also be easy. Earth has Gorefist as the only threat on it (though perhaps me and the people I play with just have problems with him). Corsus perhaps fittingly is certainly the area you'd rather not have the game put you in as it's bosses are the strongest in my experience, heck, sometimes even getting to the boss can be difficult as the game throws up several special enemies at you.

14: If playing co-op be very careful when it comes to reviving. Don't just try and rush to the person to get them up. If there is just two of you then in many boss fights there simply is too much pressure on you and you can't revive them. However, some boss fights have certain periods where the pressure gets taken off, such as the boss getting stunned or running away to spawn enemies. Learn what moments can be used to revive people and only try on those moments as it is unlikely you'll be able to outside them. Of course if you have a team of 3 then it becomes a much easier affair. Whoever is not being focused on by the boss should go to revive as soon as they can.

• Like 1

Yea it’s pure bs, reached boss 10 twice, 1st time died to barbed terrror cos the spikes are constantly getting shot out and it’s impossible, pretty sure it’s bugged when it does that constantly, then second time the host blue screened, today the game difficulty seemed harder for some reason, couldn’t even get past boss 5, Gorefist needs explosive adds changed

Riphide needs a limit on how many pulse attacks they can do

Barbed Terror should NEVER roll unless you have Veil Of The Black Tear, and needs the spikes fixed 

Ixillis is way to op in survival, that charge scream it does to wipe the party, it spools up in half the time it does in campaign and bc we’re using low level guns, all 3 of us were pumping its weak point to stop the attack from the moment it started and we still weren’t able to do enough damage to stop it, not only that, the other one was also charging..... fukin unbeatable 

and WTF is with the amount of adds in the Dream Eater fight, that boss needs serious health reduction, much less adds and when it does spawn the add attack, maybe have them stupid ghosts swipe once, they swipe 3 times and every hit staggers you, it’s an absolute joke

The bosses are all designed for the main character in campaign with all gear and mods in play, and you just don’t have the shit you need to kill some of them, or the damage output, I mean literally EVERYTHING gets taken away from you in survival, and all these stupid devs have done to compensate for losing ALL gear is boss health reduced by 15%..... these idiots need to stop micro managing everything and just make it doable on fuking NORMAL, if we want the challenge we are more than capable of turning up the difficulty ourselves by choosing to play on apocalyptic or whatever, normal should be easy, I hate this shit and I just want it done now    

• Like 1