Destiny 2 - "Challenge Accepted" & "The Life Exotic" - How to earn trophies quickly

ryuji_sakujo

• 2 months later...

These two trophies are quite easy. But does this method of buying the same exotics from Xur works for dlc trophy? Forsaken exotics are super rare, only got one from around 26 exotics I have. Hope some day Xur will sell them, so I can check this method. Actually the most annoying trophy in the game.

On 11/07/2020 at 6:08 PM, ryuji_sakujo said:

Challenge Accepted

The trophy requires you to complete 30 challenges.

My tracking

The trophy popped for me when I had the following amount completed.

Please note that I started tracking when I was done with about 10 challenges, but I can't say for sure, so I might be 2-3 counts off.

• Total challenges completed (when trophy popped): 38
  • Titan 1 (main character, trophy popped playing this one): 18
  • Titan 2 (alt character): 7
  • Titan 3 (alt character): 13

Is there anywhere you can track how many challenges you've completed?

On 10/3/2020 at 0:41 PM, Tyrantraxus said:

These two trophies are quite easy. But does this method of buying the same exotics from Xur works for dlc trophy? Forsaken exotics are super rare, only got one from around 26 exotics I have. Hope some day Xur will sell them, so I can check this method. Actually the most annoying trophy in the game.

Not sure, this guide is for base game only.
If Xur ever sells exotics then feel free to try the method and report back if it worked.

On 10/4/2020 at 3:58 AM, whittle181 said:

Is there anywhere you can track how many challenges you've completed?

Nope, that's why I started writing it down with pen and paper (or computer/phone memo notes) about halfway through the total 30 completions.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 2:01 AM, ryuji_sakujo said:

Not sure, this guide is for base game only.
If Xur ever sells exotics then feel free to try the method and report back if it worked.

Nope, that's why I started writing it down with pen and paper (or computer/phone memo notes) about halfway through the total 30 completions.

I can confirm this doesnt work. 7 forsaken exotics to go for me.

16 hours ago, Tyrantraxus said:

I can confirm this doesnt work. 7 forsaken exotics to go for me.

My friends that have the DLC also confirm that this "buying duplicates and getting an extra exotic" method doesn't work.

So it seems indeed like you'll have to legit get 10 Forsaken Exotics, good luck.

On 11/07/2020 at 2:08 PM, ryuji_sakujo said:

Random drops are random, but I got a few this way

Oddly enough, that's not 100% true. There's a hidden point counter and each enemy is worth a certain amount of points. When the counter hits a specific number, boom, exotic. 

This might have been changed but I know this was 100% confirmed when Forsaken came out. Even if it was changed, it is probably still some variation of this.

There's actually no such thing as random in video games so there's always some backend system like this.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

> Random drops are random, but I got a few this way

Oddly enough, that's not 100% true. There's a hidden point counter and each enemy is worth a certain amount of points. When the counter hits a specific number, boom, exotic. 

This might have been changed but I know this was 100% confirmed when Forsaken came out. Even if it was changed, it is probably still some variation of this.

There's actually no such thing as random in video games so there's always some backend system like this.

Didn't know there's a pity counter, that's good to know.

Whether a game implements counters or not is up to the developers of the game, so while most games with "randomness" implement increased probabilities for rare drops this is not something that is true by default in every game ever made, but I get your point. Then there's the discussion of true randomness and properly seeding pseudo random number generators, but that's off-topic.

18 hours ago, Pottercito_ said:

Do you think servers will be up even on PS5 era? And is it true that trophies might be unobtainable or can be earned by doing other tasks?

None knows (response to both of your questions) and this is not the place to speculate about it.

I urge all commenters to stay on-topic, strictly discussing either the guide or nuances as to how trophies can be earned quickly in the current patch of Destiny 2.
Should discussion stray too far off topic I'll lock the thread, thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

Have they changed it again? I can’t see any challenges?

Challenges will only show up this season once you are Light Level 1200+. You can find them on the director as yellow circles, hover over the vendors or activity to see the requirements.

• Like 2