Speedrun Plat under 30 mins.

57 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Yeah, I hate waiting months in between people finding new exploits in games. You guys need to give us at least one new debug menu exploit per month.

Not too drastic because most people have played these games and moved on. But still.

I can understand doing exploits for something like Take The Cannoli trophy in GTA: Vice City, because that is just utterly ridiculous. Sly Cooper: Thievius Raccoonus is easily done in a few short hours, I would of been a little more upset if this exploit was discovered on Sly 3, because you have to do those challenges which aren't the easiest things out there.

So like with Cuphead, another game has somebody discovering an exploit.

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if this debug menu wasn't in the other two Sly games in one form or another. Sly, Jak and Ratchet were all build in slightly different versions of the same engine, after all. Never thought about it before now, but I'd bet there's a debug in Ratchet as well.

46 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

I'd be surprised if this debug menu wasn't in the other two Sly games in one form or another. Sly, Jak and Ratchet were all build in slightly different versions of the same engine, after all. Never thought about it before now, but I'd bet there's a debug in Ratchet as well.

At this point most of the people who were interested in playing them through had already done so and moved on. They are old games.

This goes right back to Cuphead and Hollow Knight. The difference is people here aren't going to care because Sly Cooper is close to 20 years old.

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

At this point most of the people who were interested in playing them through had already done so and moved on. They are old games.

This goes right back to Cuphead and Hollow Knight. The difference is people here aren't going to care because Sly Cooper is close to 20 years old.

I wasn't really speaking of it from a trophy hunting perspective.

More from the angle that it's interesting errata about that era of gaming. There are entire youtube careers built around displaying such.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jelly Soup said:

I wasn't really speaking of it from a trophy hunting perspective.

More from the angle that it's interesting errata about that era of gaming. There are entire youtube careers built around displaying such.

One of the last eras to really allow cheat codes for most games. I used plenty of cheat codes in the GTA games on the PS2, all for fun of course.

On 7/16/2020 at 8:10 AM, timpurnat said:

Nice find! Do you know if you can use the codes for other Sly games as well and ps vita stacks? that would make these games a breeze lol

I just tested and it does not work for the vita stack because of the lack of L2 and R2. The vita version remapped the change ability buttons to L and R so that might have something to do with it. I tried with those button instead and tried with the rear touch pad but neither would get the codes to work.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KimmysGotGame said:

I just tested and it does not work for the vita stack because of the lack of L2 and R2. The vita version remapped the change ability buttons to L and R so that might have something to do with it. I tried with those button instead and tried with the rear touch pad but neither would get the codes to work.

Thanks for testing! Looks like I will play the game "legit" on vita, kinda sucks, I just wanted to rush through it quickly, since I already got the plat on ps3 lol

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 5:53 PM, HMS_Victor said:

I disagree. It doesn't devlaue it for those of us that got it legitimately. It just makes GarbledFlask54's plats seem worthless

LOL that was th best response ever.

i think i already got this plat, when i bought my super slim it gave me the entire sly collection. there is one i didnt finish though. after playing so many sly games i am god damn sick of them lol. good games but i have to take a long break before finishing the last one i need. id prob use the cheat just to finish the rest of it up if i could to be honest. im officially sly'd out lol

i'll kind of throw this out there, if people are old enough. who remembers having a sega genesis before trophies and going to a friends house and sonic turned into a coin and saying to your friend HOWD YOU DO THAT!!!! and then immediately doing it lol. i mean before trophies we did these types of things to make games more interesting. we had checklists and in game 100%s instead of trophies. but now a days its like "bruh thats weak yo" lol

Edited by melodicmizery

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, JonHills345 said:

Does the Debug menu work on Sly 2 & 3 as well?

Don't think so. While the game's engine is more or less the same as Sly 2 and 3, Sly 1's level-based structure is different from Sly 2 and 3's mission-based structure, so it wouldn't make much sence.

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2020 at 5:54 AM, melodicmizery said:

LOL that was th best response ever.

i think i already got this plat, when i bought my super slim it gave me the entire sly collection. there is one i didnt finish though. after playing so many sly games i am god damn sick of them lol. good games but i have to take a long break before finishing the last one i need. id prob use the cheat just to finish the rest of it up if i could to be honest. im officially sly'd out lol

i'll kind of throw this out there, if people are old enough. who remembers having a sega genesis before trophies and going to a friends house and sonic turned into a coin and saying to your friend HOWD YOU DO THAT!!!! and then immediately doing it lol. i mean before trophies we did these types of things to make games more interesting. we had checklists and in game 100%s instead of trophies. but now a days its like "bruh thats weak yo" lol

People change and they way they play changes. Might just be a symptom of getting older, more focused on the task completion than just the pure fun of dicking about when we were kids. Wonder what the ratio is for achievement hunters under 20.

On 9/13/2020 at 5:26 AM, gfdtgfdgfdgdf said:

Maybe sort out your vocabulary, before you call someone an idiot, idiot.

Spicy hot sick burn there bro, you really won your internet points back!!!!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Jak relatively takes time to get platinum, but this game... in about 5 hours you can get it, and it's fun for a single time (unless you've played a lot on ps2/Vita and don't want to do it again ) plus the debug doesn't even unlock the trophies all at once, and you still need to complete parts of the game anyway, but instead of naturally you make an unnecessary mess. Sly 2 and 3 are more time consuming, but 1 there is no need to use this other than getting a speedrun time on that site.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 26.9.2022 at 5:56 AM, Snake_1302 said:

It's a shame to resort to using debug mode for Sly. You're cheating yourself out of a really fun game that doesnt even take that long to platinum naturally.

I totally understand with Jak 2 though, all those extra races and side missions got tedious really quick.

Oh, I've platinumed it naturally before. This speedrun with the debug mode was just a test to see how quickly you can get the platinum utilizing it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/01/2023 at 6:58 PM, Thor-S-Jensen said:

Oh, I've platinumed it naturally before. This speedrun with the debug mode was just a test to see how quickly you can get the platinum utilizing it. 

So why did that one guy get banned from PSN and why did your run get taken off the leaderboard? I don't recall that happening to people with the Jak debug mode.

Edited by bikeman223

• 2 months later...
On 7/14/2020 at 3:02 PM, Thor-S-Jensen said:

I recently did a plat run for Sly 1 under 30 mins. I used my TeamCooper16 profile, if you were curious.

Impossible, you say. Not really. A youtuber by the name of TheOnlyZac found some secret cheat codes in the gamedata. Cheats, such as "Unlock all moves", "Unlock all levels" and so on. These codes weren't ment for the retail copies of the game, but Sucker Punch forgot to remove them, as well as Sanzaru Games. 

Triggering those two cheats for example will earn you nearly all of the trophys.

Video here explains/showcases the codes.

Did you get the final movie cutscene?

• 3 months later...
On 1/25/2023 at 5:08 AM, bikeman223 said:

So why did that one guy get banned from PSN and why did your run get taken off the leaderboard? I don't recall that happening to people with the Jak debug mode.

MikeLove_NotWar/gfdtgfdgfdgdf wasn't banned from anything for using a built in debug mode in a game. They can insist otherwise all they want, but if a ban was handed out it wasn't for that.

For the removal, I'd be interested in seeing the specifics. The 100% Club lists are poorly supported at the best of times. """Normally""" someone will get a notification if they get booted off the list, but with Thor-S-Jensen being offline for months and their runner account, TeamCooper16, not having a forum presence, there really isn't a way to find out what they were given as a reason.

Edited by Jelly Soup
Wording.
  • Like 2

On 9/13/2020 at 10:26 PM, MikeLove_NotWar said:

Maybe sort out your vocabulary, before you call someone an idiot, idiot.

Poor vocabulary isn’t an excuse to be going around making such claims lacking valid evidence in favour you disinforming smart ass.

• Like 2