GiveAllExplorerNotes 1 crashes ARK

emre0503

Hey,

I red that the command GiveAllExplorerNotes crashes the game, so I searched for an alternative - and found one. People told me I should just type in GiveAllExplorerNotes 1 up to 350 and then 688, 689 and 690... But even that crashes the game. The game crashes no later than "GiveAllExplorerNotes 2"... what should I do?

32 minutes ago, emre0503 said:

Hey,

I red that the command GiveAllExplorerNotes crashes the game, so I searched for an alternative - and found one. People told me I should just type in GiveAllExplorerNotes 1 up to 350 and then 688, 689 and 690... But even that crashes the game. The game crashes no later than "GiveAllExplorerNotes 2"... what should I do?

It's because you're using the wrong code, to do it one-by-one it's Cheat GiveExplorerNote 1

As you're still using the "All" in the command, that's what's causing the crashing

Edit:  As this was posted in forum games originally, I've requested the mods to move this to the correct Ark: Survival Evolved sub forum

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, emre0503 said:

Thanks. Now I have the problem that everything after GiveExplorerNote 1 doesnt work...

Cos you've already tried to use the give all command, you'll have to delete your save date to do the other method from scratch

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 1

Already did that :/

17 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Cos you've already tried to use the give all command, you'll have to delete your save date to do the other method from scratch

I tested something... I started a new file again and erased the old one, then I tried using GiveExplorerNote 2 first and it didn't work either ?

Edit:

I fixed it somehow by typing in GiveExplorerNote 43, then every other command worked... very strange. I appreciate your help!

New Edit:

I don't know why but notes 2-5 just won't work... every other does

Edited by emre0503

12 minutes ago, emre0503 said:

Already did that :/

I tested something... I started a new file again and erased the old one, then I tried using GiveExplorerNote 2 first and it didn't work either 1f914.png

Are you erasing all of the files?  There is a settings file too where all the centralized data is stored.  Also, just to be sure, you're using the commands on the Island map?

Yes

13 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Are you erasing all of the files?  There is a settings file too where all the centralized data is stored.  Also, just to be sure, you're using the commands on the Island map?

This game is so fucked up tbh... I can't get 2-5, the notes 72-80 and 100-idk 

There may be a chance that there are no explorer notes on those particular numbers.  Worst case scenario you can always use the setplayerpos command method and then just use the giveexplorernote command for the Genesis chronicles notes which are 688, 689 and 690.  It will take a bit longer, but it might help if you're still having issues.

9 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

There may be a chance that there are no explorer notes on those particular numbers.  Worst case scenario you can always use the setplayerpos command method and then just use the giveexplorernote command for the Genesis chronicles notes which are 688, 689 and 690.  It will take a bit longer, but it might help if you're still having issues.

I personally think that tp'ing to every position would take too long, just typing in 1-690 seemed okay for me. But this crap game just won't work. They should just fix the alle explorer notes crash and everything'd be alright but they are busy making more dlc's so they can sell them for another 50 bucks

Edit: I typed in the GiveAllExplorerNotes command and got the veteran paleontologist and 40% trophy, 50-100% still don't spawn but atleast the game didn't crash :/

New Edit: 

The command gave me all the dossiers, nothing else

Edited by emre0503

I've twice tried the approach of typing the command GiveExplorerNote X, where X starts at 1 and increments by 1.  Unfortunately, the game crashed when I got to 72 the first time and 70 the second time.  In both cases, I started from scratch (all associated save files deleted before starting).  I don't think I'll be giving it a third try.

11 minutes ago, DrEvilGuapo said:

I've twice tried the approach of typing the command GiveExplorerNote X, where X starts at 1 and increments by 1.  Unfortunately, the game crashed when I got to 72 the first time and 70 the second time.  In both cases, I started from scratch (all associated save files deleted before starting).  I don't think I'll be giving it a third try.

I will say since the Summer Bash event started, the game has crashed considerably more often.  On original implementation of the event, it would literally crash/black screen every 5 minutes due to the developer deleting several important game files and some others getting corrupted (they revealed this on Twitter).  They implemented a fix but it's still pretty bad.

I'd say if you ever considered going for a third try, waiting for a couple of weeks after the current event is over  - I say a couple of weeks, cos they will probably have to fix something else once they remove the event :facepalm:  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is the DLC now required to get Perfect? I finally got around to finishing this one, and entered each individually. Unlocked up through 90 percent trophies, then continued up to around item 725. Then tried the give all command(which finally didn't crash the game), but still no trophy. Willing to delete save and do it again more than buying the DLC lol....so I'm wondering if anyone recently unlocked it without owning the DLC. 

Once I was done with the list, but before trying give all....I was only missing some HLNA ones from Island and Scorched. These weren't the 688-690 mentioned above, but I think they said chronicles or something once I used the give all. Maybe some are hidden above item 725? I do have a back up save to return to before give all was applied. 

• 1 year later...

Tried this today. It gave me the first 4 explorer trophies up to Studious Explorer and then crashed.

Now every time i try it it just crashes, but not before seeing a bunch of corruption messages on screen.  Too fast to read.

I'm done. I have every other trophy just wish I realised this before I spent 6 hours trying to plat this.

There's an animation loading everytime you use a code. Using too much codes in one sit will obviously crash the game. Use them in rows and save often. I personally used them in rows of 10.

On 03/03/2022 at 5:31 PM, MEZAIAL said:

Tried this today. It gave me the first 4 explorer trophies up to Studious Explorer and then crashed.

Now every time i try it it just crashes, but not before seeing a bunch of corruption messages on screen.  Too fast to read.

I'm done. I have every other trophy just wish I realised this before I spent 6 hours trying to plat this.

You didn't see the 60 minute platinum thread on this, consistent way to get the Notes there...??

On 03/03/2022 at 6:32 PM, Katt said:

There's an animation loading everytime you use a code. Using too much codes in one sit will obviously crash the game. Use them in rows and save often. I personally used them in rows of 10.

It crashed because the OP was trying to give themselve 1 Note at a time, but had left the letters 'All' in the command. Looks like someone trolled them or they understood wrong xD

On 3.3.2022 at 7:32 PM, Katt said:

Actually, the game auto-saves after each giveexplorernote command. Should the game crash, you can restart the game and continue with the number the game crashed with.

• 1 year later...