Avowed... Xbox Exclusive?!

ImMagnetz

Just now, LoveInHell said:

This will never change so you either adjust or you don’t. PS has a ton of exclusives that not even PC gamers could play and they’re now getting them (Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn) which is great but this is business. There will always be concurrence to have the most money. If you want to play exclusive games that aren’t on PS then you should either drop it and move on or take initiative and save money to get a PC and/or XBOX. Yes it sucks that Hellblade 2 and Avowed are exclusives but from a business aspect thats how people will also buy an XBOX/PC instead of a PS5.

I understand that, I do, but I just hope that Avowed will be available on PS at some point down the line. That makes the most sense to me. Xbox get to enjoy the benefits of the initial hype for the game but PS users still get to experience it at some stage. Also, just to be clear, I'm not upset by this just because it's Xbox's turn to have the exclusive and not PlayStation's. It upsets me too when we have a great game that Xbox folks won't be able to experience. Again, I feel like everyone should be able to experience these great games. But I do understand that there's a business aspect to it too.

3 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

This will never change so you either adjust or you don’t. PS has a ton of exclusives that not even PC gamers could play and they’re now getting them (Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn) which is great but this is business. There will always be concurrence to have the most money. If you want to play exclusive games that aren’t on PS then you should either drop it and move on or take initiative and save money to get a PC and/or XBOX. Yes it sucks that Hellblade 2 and Avowed are exclusives but from a business aspect thats how people will also buy an XBOX/PC instead of a PS5.

Isn't Bloodborne just a rumor at the moment?

1 minute ago, ImMagnetz said:

I understand that, I do, but I just hope that Avowed will be available on PS at some point down the line. That makes the most sense to me. Xbox get to enjoy the benefits of the initial hype for the game but PS users still get to experience it at some stage. Also, just to be clear, I'm not upset by this just because it's Xbox's turn to have the exclusive and not PlayStation's. It upsets me too when we have a great game that Xbox folks won't be able to experience. Again, I feel like everyone should be able to experience these great games. But I do understand that there's a business aspect to it too.

Hopefully one day. ?

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

Isn't Bloodborne just a rumor at the moment?

Yeah it is, I just looked it up, various sites say its still a humour but it is most likely going to happen. I heard my PC buddies getting hyped about it, I thought it was confirmed, guess not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

Everyone can, all they have to do is go buy that system

11 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Enough to afford 172 games on your profile, which could afford multiple consoles

Yes, over many years and many sales. I would also need to buy a second console on top of all those games, and on top of the console I already have. I can't afford to buy two consoles and a bunch of games for each of those consoles.

42 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

Yes, over many years and many sales. I would also need to buy a second console on top of all those games, and on top of the console I already have. I can't afford to buy two consoles and a bunch of games for each of those consoles.

Your hobby doesn't change to fit your budget, you have to decide if your budget can fit what you want out of your hobby. In this case, seems like we know the answer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Your hobby doesn't change to fit your budget, you have to decide if your budget can fit what you want out of your hobby. In this case, seems like we know the answer.

What? The idea that you should just "buy both consoles" to get around exclusives is a little silly to me. Video games is my hobby but that doesn't mean I'm going to go around buying every single gaming console just so I can have access to all the games. That would cost a fortune.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShesInNightCity said:

Thats something a basic Playstation fan would say. I have both consoles and to be honest. Xbox had some great games showcased today. The event was pretty good. No one complained during it or after it. And on the plus side, Xbox users can play all 20-30 gamea for free. So who would complain? Avowed was one of the most popular games during that livestream because it was made by Obsidian, the people who created the Outer Worlds. Which some people see as a better "Fallout 4". Now they must be aiming to make a better "Skyrim". Which is why so many people like the game already.

Go look online most people saying its trash it was 2/10 ... Im just saying those games dont do anything for me!! That is why I love sony 

• Like 1

I believe Phil Spencer said that you won't need to upgrade consoles for 1-2 years to play any Microsoft Studios title. I am guessing that both Avowed and Fable won't be running on a 2013 system, which means you likely have at least until Holiday 2021 to save up, guessing more like 2022. By then, we should see if the rumored, dirt cheap project Lockhart is actually a thing. It is possible you will be able to play Avowed for much cheaper than you think.

It's too bad they didn't have gameplay for Hellblade II Senua's Saga or what Fable would actually look like. That would have helped a lot.  Based off of when Microsoft acquired their new studios and the development cycle for all of their first party studios it makes sense what we saw. I would say the same thing about Sony's PS5 event.  Some people also didn't like the PS5 show, but if you look at what studios have released games fairly recently then it makes sense what they showed too.  I liked the PS5 event and was intrigued by a decent amount of games that Xbox showed. I would just need to see more because they didn't show what some of the games would look like or gameplay probably because those games are early on in their development.

I probably would have chosen to play this on PC anyways. That seems to be my preferred platform for RPGs nowadays.

Can we have a talk on how Obsidian just will not stoping going after Bethesda lol? Its gotten to the point where it is kind hilarious. The Outer World's marketing directly referenced Fallout New Vegas (a game that many believe is superior to Bethesda Fallout titles), and that shot towards the end of the trailer was such a blatant nod to The Elder Scrolls.

Like what happens if Obsidian releases Avowed and it is a spectacular Elder Scrolls style game. Now, Obsidian is pretty hit or miss so it could go either way. But could you imagine? I am not so sure if Bethesda would even try to release a single player Scrolls game. Would probably stick to making ESO2.

Very interesting though. I don't think we have ever seen another dev try to take another's lunch quite like this before.

30 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Go look online most people saying its trash it was 2/10 ... Im just saying those games dont do anything for me!! That is why I love sony 

I may be wrong but I am guessing a lot of super low scores are Sony fans. As someone who usually owns all consoles but felt no desire to buy an Xbox One, I thought Microsoft's show was decent. The games that intrigued me most we either don't know much about (Fable and Avowed) or are timed exclusives (Medium). I was hoping that Microsoft would convince me to buy a Series X, but they didn't do it yet. I can see potential though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ImMagnetz said:

It being on PC is of no use to me, I play on PlayStation. Like I said, brands can live and die on the quality of their console and the services they provide, eg. PlayStation Plus. They don't need to repeatedly screw over half the console gaming world just because they want to have a dick measuring contest. Comparing huge, beautiful video game experiences to fucking burgers is just silly, come on now.

Yes, I am. I shouldn't have to miss out on games from my favourite developers just because they're being controlled by these big corporations.

I don't really understand all that, if I'm being honest. How could I be able to play it on a PC that isn't good? You'd need to at least have a PC that's able to run modern games surely, which I don't have.

The burgers was a joke, but still true.  Ignore the Vehicles one though huh?

You mention PlayStation Plus.  You mean something that should be free (I am pro paying for online, because I do not trust Publishers to give developers the proper anti cheat measures to police scum bags) you want to use THOSE EXCLUSIVE "SERVICES" as a way to measure dicks?  But not games?  Hmmm

Again, stone sharpens steel.  Competition breeds excellence.  Exclusives are very important.  

51 minutes ago, awf9495 said:

I believe Phil Spencer said that you won't need to upgrade consoles for 1-2 years to play any Microsoft Studios title. I am guessing that both Avowed and Fable won't be running on a 2013 system, which means you likely have at least until Holiday 2021 to save up, guessing more like 2022. By then, we should see if the rumored, dirt cheap project Lockhart is actually a thing. It is possible you will be able to play Avowed for much cheaper than you think.

I'm not buying an Xbox as well as a PlayStation. I'll buy one and it'll be PlayStation. I've always been on PlayStation. I'm not gonna spend a fortune on two consoles.

36 minutes ago, mattveego said:

I probably would have chosen to play this on PC anyways. That seems to be my preferred platform for RPGs nowadays.

Can we have a talk on how Obsidian just will not stoping going after Bethesda lol? Its gotten to the point where it is kind hilarious. The Outer World's marketing directly referenced Fallout New Vegas (a game that many believe is superior to Bethesda Fallout titles), and that shot towards the end of the trailer was such a blatant nod to The Elder Scrolls.

Like what happens if Obsidian releases Avowed and it is a spectacular Elder Scrolls style game. Now, Obsidian is pretty hit or miss so it could go either way. But could you imagine? I am not so sure if Bethesda would even try to release a single player Scrolls game. Would probably stick to making ESO2.

Very interesting though. I don't think we have ever seen another dev try to take another's lunch quite like this before.

Maybe it would cause Bethesda to up their game because they've really dropped the ball in recent years.

9 minutes ago, NxtDoc said:

The burgers was a joke, but still true.  Ignore the Vehicles one though huh?

You mention PlayStation Plus.  You mean something that should be free (I am pro paying for online, because I do not trust Publishers to give developers the proper anti cheat measures to police scum bags) you want to use THOSE EXCLUSIVE "SERVICES" as a way to measure dicks?  But not games?  Hmmm

Again, stone sharpens steel.  Competition breeds excellence.  Exclusives are very important.  

The vehicles one didn't work either. Games are the core of gaming. You don't see car companies forcing exclusivity on things like engines and seatbelts.

Services like PlayStation Plus are designed to GIVE things to the players for their subscription. Exclusives take things AWAY from players.

You're just repeating yourself now and sounding like a broken record with your argument. Like I've said, there are plenty of other ways for them to compete other than exclusives.

• Like 1

Saw a comment earlier that made me laugh about hating exclusives directly correlating to hating gaming, which I just find beyond ridiculous.

You can absolutely love gaming and hate exclusives because you want to play all your games on one system. Just because you dislike exclusives does not correlate to a hatred of gaming or a wish for companies to stop innovating their software, hardware and services to be better for all gamers.

A dislike of one does not correlate to an absolute hatred of something else.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

I'm not buying an Xbox as well as a PlayStation. I'll buy one and it'll be PlayStation. I've always been on PlayStation. I'm not gonna spend a fortune on two consoles.

Maybe it would cause Bethesda to up their game because they've really dropped the ball in recent years.

The vehicles one didn't work either. Games are the core of gaming. You don't see car companies forcing exclusivity on things like engines and seatbelts.

Services like PlayStation Plus are designed to GIVE things to the players for their subscription. Exclusives take things AWAY from players.

You're just repeating yourself now and sounding like a broken record with your argument. Like I've said, there are plenty of other ways for them to compete other than exclusives.

16 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

Your viewpoint is skewed, that's all.  You are choosing to view it differently to justify your opinion.  I can see what you're trying to say, however vehemently disagree.  We can go back and forth, forever.  Your mind is made up.  You chose PlayStation many years ago as your platform.  I wonder why that was?

Xbox has become trash, they will ruin Obsidian just as they have with every other studio they have acquired.

Edited by NxtDoc
Spell

12 minutes ago, Sword said:

Saw a comment earlier that made me laugh about hating exclusives directly correlating to hating gaming, which I just find beyond ridiculous.

You can absolutely love gaming and hate exclusives because you want to play all your games on one system. Just because you dislike exclusives does not correlate to a hatred of gaming or a wish for companies to stop innovating their software, hardware and services to be better for all gamers.

A dislike of one does not correlate to an absolute hatred of something else.

Well said!

8 minutes ago, NxtDoc said:

Your viewpoint is skewed, that's all.  You are choosing to view it differently to justify your opinion.  I can see what you're trying to say, however vehemently disagree.  We can go back and forth, forever.  Your mind is made up.  You chose PlayStation many years ago as your platform.  I wonder why that was?

Xbox has become trash, they will ruin Obsidian just as they have with every other studio they have acquired.

You clearly don't respect my opinion if you're saying that "my viewpoint is skewed" and "I'm choosing to view it differently to justify my opinion". It's fine if you disagree. We don't have to agree. That's fine, we can part ways agreeing to disagree so that we don't have to go back and forth forever when our viewpoints clearly differ. I think we see what each other's argument is, but we just disagree with each other, which is fine. Have a nice day.

1 hour ago, ImMagnetz said:

Well said!

You clearly don't respect my opinion if you're saying that "my viewpoint is skewed" and "I'm choosing to view it differently to justify my opinion". It's fine if you disagree. We don't have to agree. That's fine, we can part ways agreeing to disagree so that we don't have to go back and forth forever when our viewpoints clearly differ. I think we see what each other's argument is, but we just disagree with each other, which is fine. Have a nice day.

Oh don't get me wrong, what I meant by skewed was different viewpoints.  We are looking at it from different angles.  

I did not mean any disrespect if that's the way you took it.  Obviously text doesn't convey tone.  

You have a good one too

I mean i dont have a high end PC (because money and priorities) but the one i do is bang average. I can't play new releases but i can play games from 4-6 years ago. 

With Microsoft GENERALLY making Xbox exclusivity a thing of the past, anything i cant get on PS4 i just wait a few years til my average PC can run it and by then its down to under £10 on a sale anyway. 

So exclusives dont bother me. 

Edited by punkshepherd
Lizard People

30 minutes ago, NxtDoc said:

Oh don't get me wrong, what I meant by skewed was different viewpoints.  We are looking at it from different angles.  

I did not mean any disrespect if that's the way you took it.  Obviously text doesn't convey tone.  

You have a good one too

Ahh okay, I picked you up wrong then, my bad.

1 minute ago, NekoRave said:

How is that silly, you buy multiple consoles for the same platform so I'm genuinely curious how it's a fortune

"...you buy multiple consoles for the same platform..." ...what? It costs a fortune because it costs more to buy two consoles (PlayStation and Xbox) to have access to both console's exclusives than it would to buy one console.

1 minute ago, NekoRave said:

That's my point that's several consoles in itself isn't it tho? 

Point being that you already buy multiple consoles for a new generation and furthermore it's more than likely day one correct? 

If you waited a few years you can get both consoles not to mention you already buy ps1, ps2, ps3, ps4, ps5 not to mention psp, ps vita. 

Hell I can go to a game stop and buy an Xbox 360 with halo left 4 dead and fable for less than $100. 

Just don't be cheap that's all. 

I get it consoles are expensive but if you truly love exclusives just get it during black Friday bundled up with several games. 

That's all I'm saying my dude

"...that's several consoles in itself isn't it tho?" I mean, no, not really. One console per generation is years apart. Much different than buying two consoles in the same generation, which would be a lot of money all at once.

No, I've never bought a console on day one. I try to wait for the price to go down and for more games to be available for that console.

I don't want an Xbox. I've been on PlayStation all my life and it's my preferred set of systems.

"Just don't be cheap that's all." LMAO. You clearly don't have any bills to pay, do you? Either that or you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. Not everyone can afford to go around just buying every console under the sun. Gotta respect the value of a dollar. Or a pound, in my case, being from the UK.