How to obtain glitched trophies

cxool123

1 minute ago, Sydoki said:

Late to this topic, but I played and 100%'d the game back on release (physical copy). Did updates break it? Would simply finding an OG physical disk and playing an unpatched version help?

Best way to plat this game is on patch 1.09. Latest patch is 1.12, so you have to downgrade it.

Playing on latest patch (1.12) is fine when you aim to obtain DLC trophies. I've done it myself.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

Late to this topic, but I played and 100%'d the game back on release (physical copy). Did updates break it? Would simply finding an OG physical disk and playing an unpatched version help?

I believe it was mentioned upthread that it's a bug that has always been in the game but was eventually patched out and then broken again with the 'Definitive' update. Therefore, no, playing unpatched doesn't work.  Downgrading to 1.09 is an option but for those of us who don't have this option then playing without quitting the app was the only way. I've heard horror stories of people who have attempted this trophy about 6 times and just can't get through it without a crash though.

1 hour ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

"Just need to get the DLC trophies now which should be easier as nothing is missable."

Nothing is missable no but there are a couple of glitched trophies in the dlc, specifically the "faster, baby faster" dlc that you can miss if you don't get them before the story is completed, if I recall specifically its one for using traps on police cars, took me ages to try and get. So be on the lookout for that, this game is a disaster.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nerd_Herd_A_S said:

Thanks for the tip. I've got the 'Trap Game' trophy out of the way as per your advice. There's a really easy method of just stealing a police car and then running through the same trap over and over again. Police don't have to be chasing the player for it to work, thank goodness. 

• Like 1

AS OF NOW. Mafia 3 Definitive Edition trophies like " the new boss, "baby your a man" and  "family" are still glitched. You need to play in one sitting per flip and kill playthrough just like the tips they mentioned. LUCK for those who got the trophies by turning off their console. I got the latest patch 1.12 still the developers didn't fix the issue. Come on Hangar 13.

Edited by omarzkie
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, omarzkie said:

AS OF NOW. Mafia 3 Definitive Edition trophies like " the new boss, "baby your a man" and  "family" are still glitched. You need to play in one sitting per flip and kill playthrough just like the tips they mentioned. LUCK for those who got the trophies by turning off their console. I got the latest patch 1.12 still the developers didn't fix the issue. Come on Hangar 13.

That sucks… I hope they fix this by the time I start playing the mafia series as I have it in my library?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arzoden said:

That sucks… I hope they fix this by the time I start playing the mafia series as I have it in my library1f62c.png

GOOD LUCK friend. I've never encountered any trophy issues on mafia def ed. and mafia 2 so i 100% complete these 2 games. No need to worry about it. 

just worry about mafia def ed. classic difficulty race mission. if you knew this just try harder on that mission.

in mafia 2, well, too much grind trophies. 

I did this last Fall using the 1.09 downgrade method.  I get that it's intimidating to make it work, but it's worth the effort.  The 1.12 patch and pray-you-don't-crash method is very very risky.  Using 1.09 I had no issues, even playing online.  Just make sure you always cancel the patch update, and make sure you don't leave the console in rest mode or you'll wake up to a nice, shiny update to 1.12!

2 hours ago, omarzkie said:

GOOD LUCK friend. I've never encountered any trophy issues on mafia def ed. and mafia 2 so i 100% complete these 2 games. No need to worry about it. 

just worry about mafia def ed. classic difficulty race mission. if you knew this just try harder on that mission.

in mafia 2, well, too much grind trophies. 

I still shudder at the race on classic difficulty. I'm glad I only did the classic run on my second playthrough as that would have soured my thoughts on the game immediately. I don't care what anyone claims - that race is scripted and broken.

As for the grindiness of Mafia 2, the worst part is that the developers had the audacity to not only add more wanted posters but to put their ugly mugs on them. The same developers, by the way, who caused all the platinum breaking glitches in the DE in the first place .  I suppose releasing a broken-ass game that customers have paid for is a crime in  a way so when you think of the wanted posters from that perspective it makes sense. ?

On 01/05/2022 at 4:25 PM, DrunkenEngineer said:

I did this last Fall using the 1.09 downgrade method.  I get that it's intimidating to make it work, but it's worth the effort.  The 1.12 patch and pray-you-don't-crash method is very very risky.  Using 1.09 I had no issues, even playing online.  Just make sure you always cancel the patch update, and make sure you don't leave the console in rest mode or you'll wake up to a nice, shiny update to 1.12!

How did you get the 1.09 update? I got the patch 1.12.  The game crashed while on my kill run for 10 hour straight. Good thing I got the kill run trophies but the no loose ends ahhhh men, the counter resets. the game crashed while going in the main mission ( hotel mission). I got 2 racket boss left to kill to get kill no loose end trophy. I have to do all over again. "no loose end" and "the new boss" trophies are the concrete wall blocking my platinum of this game. 

On 01/05/2022 at 6:13 PM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I still shudder at the race on classic difficulty. I'm glad I only did the classic run on my second playthrough as that would have soured my thoughts on the game immediately. I don't care what anyone claims - that race is scripted and broken.

As for the grindiness of Mafia 2, the worst part is that the developers had the audacity to not only add more wanted posters but to put their ugly mugs on them. The same developers, by the way, who caused all the platinum breaking glitches in the DE in the first place .  I suppose releasing a broken-ass game that customers have paid for is a crime in  a way so when you think of the wanted posters from that perspective it makes sense. 1f644.png

I have ptsd on that classic race of mafia 1 def ed.. The audacity of mafia 2 "not" definitive edition is to add another 30 plus wanted posters. Probably they are the ones who made mafia 3 with all the glitchy trophies. I got mental when the game crashed while doing the kill run in one sitting. 

On 30/11/2021 at 6:59 AM, Carttagos said:

I did try this but the game just crash when I was two racket boss left to finish. 1f629.png1f629.png1f629.png

I think I will do the change to patch 1.09 because it would be a hell of a platinum.

I have the same problem also. the game crashed while doing the main mission ( the hotel mission in downtown) in order to unlock the new district and the 2 remaining racket bosses. waste of 10 hours.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omarzkie said:

How did you get the 1.09 update? I got the patch 1.12.  The game crashed while on my kill run for 10 hour straight. Good thing I got the kill run trophies but the no loose ends ahhhh men, the counter resets. the game crashed while going in the main mission ( hotel mission). I got 2 racket boss left to kill to get kill no loose end trophy. I have to do all over again. "no loose end" and "the new boss" trophies are the concrete wall blocking my platinum of this game. 

I have ptsd on that classic race of mafia 1 def ed.. The audacity of mafia 2 "not" definitive edition is to add another 30 plus wanted posters. Probably they are the ones who made mafia 3 with all the glitchy trophies. I got mental when the game crashed while doing the kill run in one sitting. 

Check here.

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2021 at 1:22 AM, Hayato_VJ said:

I just got the platinum trophy playing update 1.12. I only had the trophy "The New Boss" and I did not have any crashes or errors. This is how I did it:

- Update 1.12

- Don't close the game !!
- Play offline.
- Delete all saves from the HDD and from the cloud.
- You can restart the last checkpoint if you die.
- If you want to rest, put the PS4 in sleep mode WITHOUT CLOSING THE GAME. He will help you to relax and so that the game also rests.
- Do the missions of Cassandra, Vito and Burke so that they join you.

And then, eliminate / recruit the heads of each district in this order:

1.- Barclay Mills.
2.- Downtown.
3.- Tickfaw Harbor

Now, IGNORE ALL MISSIONS RELATED TO THE STORY (yellow icon) and continue:

4.- Southdowns
5.- French Ward
6.- Frisco Fields (the last mission must be 'PCP')

When recruiting / eliminating the last boss (Bobby Bastian), I jumped on 'The New Boss' trophy and platinum.

This roadmap can also be used to recruit / eliminate informant rackets if we want to also get the 'No loose ends' trophy. I did it like this and I did not have any errors, I only put the PS4 to sleep once.

I hope to be helpful. It's a shame Hangar 13 doesn't fix this big bug and we have to do these annoying things.

Maybe I have to correct this.If you Ignore the story related missions, you can't unlock the new district rackets and racket bosses. The game have the tendency to crash without warning. 

Based on my experience, the game crash when i went trough the downtown mission to kill Tony Dizario. And maybe the mission to kill Uncle lou Marcano. I'm afraid that mission with all the explosion and shit probably the game will crash. 

Here Some of my advise if you want to speed run all the glitch trophies. Estimated 10 - 12 hours.

- Make sure You have time to do this. ( OFF DAYS, NO WORK, Don't do this if you work in a hospital like me)

- If you live in a tropical country, make sure the temperature of the room is not too hot ( The console will crash if overhearted).

- Make sure to check your local electric company if they announce for blackout for emergency maintenance. ( yup it sucks I always do this ).    

I can confirm that the '1.09 Charles Server' method is without a doubt the best method to bypass these glitched trophies. (Check other posts(↑) for links to guides and URL links)

Playing on both 1.00 and 1.12 are both almost guaranteed to crash whenever trying to run the game in one sitting, let alone the 2 sittings needed for the trophies.

But after installing the 1.09 patch;

I was able to kill all Racket bosses in one 8 hour sitting without a single crash.

And on my second playthrough I experienced a crash early in the run after flipping 2 rackets, but 1.09 doesn't reset the counter and so as long as the rackets were properly wiretapped I got the sixteenth racket flipped and the trophy popped.

Even if its a bit of work, and this game will never have these issues fixed, if you plan on going for the platinum, do this method as soon as you can to prevent several playthroughs, several crashes, unpopped trophies, and 10's of hours wasted. 

Guys. Everybody is so happy about 1.09 patch, but this one didn't solve my problem. I'm playing Mafia 3 Definitive edition on PS5 and this game looks like PS3 game from early era. Most of the time there is something really wrong with lightening, sometimes with textures, DoF and once games freeze after killing 1st miniboss after the loading screen. So as I'm not into trophies at all, but into game fine looks and technical stability, is there any solution? I did downgrade to 1.09 but issues remain the same. I would like to try other patches, maybe 1.10 will solve the problem, but where to find it? This website ps4data..something does not work anymore. Can you help please?

12 minutes ago, karski88PL said:

Guys. Everybody is so happy about 1.09 patch, but this one didn't solve my problem. I'm playing Mafia 3 Definitive edition on PS5 and this game looks like PS3 game from early era. Most of the time there is something really wrong with lightening, sometimes with textures, DoF and once games freeze after killing 1st miniboss after the loading screen. So as I'm not into trophies at all, but into game fine looks and technical stability, is there any solution? I did downgrade to 1.09 but issues remain the same. I would like to try other patches, maybe 1.10 will solve the problem, but where to find it? This website ps4data..something does not work anymore. Can you help please?

Well, if you don't care about trophies just play on the newest patch Version 1.12. It's the most stable performance-wise and rectifies most technical problems from earlier versions although the trophies are broken on that patch. 

The games graphics are a bit grainy but hardly anything I'd classify as similar to 'early PS3 era'. Then again, I'm not one to really care too much about graphics.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

Well, if you don't care about trophies just play on the newest patch Version 1.12. It's the most stable performance-wise and rectifies most technical problems from earlier versions although the trophies are broken on that patch. 

The games graphics are a bit grainy but hardly anything I'd classify as similar to 'early PS3 era'. Then again, I'm not one to really care too much about graphics.  

Hi there. Sorry for late reply, weekend time.

So let me sum it up. I have installed Mafia 3 DE on PS5 with patch 1.12 and game looks like from PS3 era due to:

- bad lightening, sometimes everything is so bright and white and definitely doesnt looks like it should be, sometimes its so dark like almost pure black. I tried different configs on my lg oled but its game issue, not tv. Can't explain it corectly but I just know there is something wrong with it. I can just see it on the objects, lights changing from just fine to too bright or too dark, not in the good way

- DoF - things often popup top close, especially during driving

- sometimes textures are bad, you can see their bad quality, and sometimes they are fine

- sometimes reflections on car or wet street are clearly ugly (pixeled, bad quality) and sometimes they are just fine

- often there is too much bloom (and I think this refer to 1st issue mentioned above)

- in general game looks very pale, too pale comparing to YT videos

I searched internet and many people compalin that 1.12 patch destroyed the game which was already polished by previous patches. I'm not desperatly seeking only the graphic in game, but I can recognize when something isn't as it should be and this is taking back the good feeling and experience from the game.

I have downgraded the game to 1.09 and looks like most of the issues gone, but there are still some. Especially when I compare my gameplay to gameplays on YouTube, I can see the difference.

So right now i'm wondering how can I check the patches one by one by myself? I mean I know how to downgrade using this instruciton, but only to 1.09, so where I can find all the other patches links, database of patches, or however this procedure needs? I will appreciate aby help.

• 2 weeks later...

I Finally Got the Platinum trophy. It took me 7 playthroughs in 2 months to achieve this glitchy trophies. Never again glitchy trophies in the next Mafia game please Hangar13.

For those who have difficulties in downgrading their game to 1.09, playing the game in one sitting without shutting down the console ( 5- 7 hours straight but with short breaks) is the option for those who are aiming for the 100% and the Platinum. Playing in my Ps4 is nerve wracking! praying for not crashing the game.

I hate that game I was doing family and the new boss trophies run and the game crashed before the last racket boss I don’t really know if should I keep trying or just forget about that platinum I’m at 95 % it’s really annoying 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 1:44 AM, Mado0o_007 said:

I hate that game I was doing family and the new boss trophies run and the game crashed before the last racket boss I don’t really know if should I keep trying or just forget about that platinum I’m at 95 % it’s really annoying 

Sir Take a break on your Mafia 3 trophy run and play some other game that you haven't played or completed. It sucks when your game crashed before you take on your last racket boss kill / flip. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, omarzkie said:

Sir Take a break on your Mafia 3 trophy run and play some other game that you haven't played or completed. It sucks when your game crashed before you take on your last racket boss kill / flip. 

Thank you bro yeah that’s probably what I’m gonna do 

• Like 1

It's been a while since I used my PS4, and maybe I'm an idiot, but is there not a way to play the digital version offline without the license check kicking me out? My internet is way too slow to redownload an old version through Charles. So if there's no way to play digital offline, I'm either gonna give up or buy a disc and play the 1.0 version (yikes)

Edited by doritoite_