How to obtain glitched trophies

cxool123

7 minutes ago, DerrenStevinson- said:

For the family trophy can you save b4 doing the side quests and uploading it to the cloud incase of a game crash. Then I can do all 15 quests in 1 sitting

No, the game can not under any circumstances crash or be closed during the run otherwise the counter for the trophies resets and they won't pop at the end. It has to literally be done without ever closing the game from start to finish. There is no workaround with cloud saves unfortunately. 

You can use Rest Mode to take breaks in between sessions and it's recommended to play offline as that will lessen the chances of the game ever crashing. It's still not guaranteed though it won't crash. There's a certain amount of luck involved if you're going this route. 

17 hours ago, Zaldred said:

Hi all,

Is the v1.09 patch still available? i get a "Bad request" error in Charles when trying the download it...

If not, then the latest patch will be the only way to get the trophies...

thanks

Z

Are you trying to do this on PS4 or PS5? I'm planning to for PS5 and i really hope its still possible, the bad request thing you encountered concerns me ? i hope someone can verify it still works

8 minutes ago, majo334 said:

Are you trying to do this on PS4 or PS5? I'm planning to for PS5 and i really hope its still possible, the bad request thing you encountered concerns me ? i hope someone can verify it still works

I did all the trophies....a year ago on PS5. I ran into no glitched trophies.

4 minutes ago, Komrade_Dusty said:

I did all the trophies....a year ago on PS5. I ran into no glitched trophies.

On downgraded 1.09 version? It needs to be specifally downgraded by getting the patch via proxy...

I had 3 playthroughs so far and the No Loose Ends and New Boss trophies did not pop. I have tried alot. I'm playing on PS5 version 1.10 

On 04/07/2023 at 2:57 PM, majo334 said:

I'm trying on PS5 as i've seen people downgrading it successfully on PS5. I've followed the guide with Charles 4.6.4. I see it trying to download the 1.09 but the ps5 says 'an error occured' and Charles says bad request. So either i'm still doing something wrong or the patch 1.09 is no longer available... i could try it on ps4 directly but i'm too lazy to unbox it haha...

Fyi i'm using the physical disk of the definitive edition of the trilogy (EU)

Edit: and what's up with the 'query' part in Charles? To remove or to set up?

Edit 2: according to orbispatches.com, patch v1.09 is still available.

For those Japanese people, I would suggest to install v1.08 as it's the equivalent of v1.09 EU/US (patch notes are the same)

Edit 3: I managed to install v1.09 on PS5 ! Any questions, fire away. i'll do my best to help.

Edited by Zaldred
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cmuzz0902 said:

Hi all I have a problem with Charles the problem is the mapping part I’m from the UK and I don’t know which gs2 to use since there not a uk one only EU or America a bit of help would be appreciated:)

If you're playing a UK version of the game you need the EU patch. You can check if it's the correct one by checking the name of the json file in Charles when you download the v1.12 update. And only the '1.12' part should be different. I think it has 4 digits starting with a 3...

Hope this helps.

On 4.7.2023 at 5:16 PM, Zaldred said:

I'm trying on PS5 as i've seen people downgrading it successfully on PS5. I've followed the guide with Charles 4.6.4. I see it trying to download the 1.09 but the ps5 says 'an error occured' and Charles says bad request. So either i'm still doing something wrong or the patch 1.09 is no longer available... i could try it on ps4 directly but i'm too lazy to unbox it haha...

Fyi i'm using the physical disk of the definitive edition of the trilogy (EU)

Edit: and what's up with the 'query' part in Charles? To remove or to set up?

Edit 2: according to orbispatches.com, patch v1.09 is still available.

For those Japanese people, I would suggest to install v1.08 as it's the equivalent of v1.09 EU/US (patch notes are the same)

Edit 3: I managed to install v1.09 on PS5 ! Any questions, fire away. i'll do my best to help.

Thats amazing news!!!! Thanks for sharing this.

I just can't bring myself up to play this game 2x 10 hours in a single session fearing the game will crash or whatever glitching, so the 1.09 downgrade will be my way to go. Great to hear it still works, gonna try this since i have exactly your setup (PS5, EU disk, Definitive Edition) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, majo334 said:

Thats amazing news!!!! Thanks for sharing this.

I just can't bring myself up to play this game 2x 10 hours in a single session fearing the game will crash or whatever glitching, so the 1.09 downgrade will be my way to go. Great to hear it still works, gonna try this since i have exactly your setup (PS5, EU disk, Definitive Edition) 

Glad it makes you feel good :) Go for it. I play offline just to avoid downloading the 1.12 by mistake.

One piece of advice though. Make sure your firewalls are turned off, make sure port 8888 is forwarded on your router and make sure the path you map in Charles starts with the /.

Good luck.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zaldred said:

Glad it makes you feel good :) Go for it. I play offline just to avoid downloading the 1.12 by mistake.

One piece of advice though. Make sure your firewalls are turned off, make sure port 8888 is forwarded on your router and make sure the path you map in Charles starts with the /.

Good luck.

Thanks for providing more info! Can you specify if you did something particular different on PS5 from the tutorial that circulates for PS4? If i follow the exact steps as in said tutorial, does it 1:1 work for PS5 or is there something i need to watch out for? 

23 minutes ago, majo334 said:

Thanks for providing more info! Can you specify if you did something particular different on PS5 from the tutorial that circulates for PS4? If i follow the exact steps as in said tutorial, does it 1:1 work for PS5 or is there something i need to watch out for? 

As far as i see it, it's virtually the exact same on ps4 and ps5. The differences might be in the version of Charles. I used wifi to connect to the proxy. Which step of the tutorial worries you?

Edit: just try it and see how it goes. Worse case just delete the game and start over. Feel free to ping me on psn if you're stuck.

Edited by Zaldred
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Zaldred said:

As far as i see it, it's virtually the exact same on ps4 and ps5. The differences might be in the version of Charles. I used wifi to connect to the proxy. Which step of the tutorial worries you?

Again, thanks. You confirmed it works for PS5 too without any obstacles, thats enough reassurance. I was just wondering about the people saying it does not work on PS5 (if i remember correctly some of the tutorial OPs even said it does not work for PS5), and i'm wondering what they ran into to encounter problems. Thats why i was concerned if there is a particular step to do different from the PS4 tutorial, or what to watch out for, and if their assumption has something to do with it.

So far i'm hopeful it will work for me, i will follow the instructions for PS4 on my PS5. ?

• Like 1

On 07/07/2023 at 3:54 PM, majo334 said:

Again, thanks. You confirmed it works for PS5 too without any obstacles, thats enough reassurance. I was just wondering about the people saying it does not work on PS5 (if i remember correctly some of the tutorial OPs even said it does not work for PS5), and i'm wondering what they ran into to encounter problems. Thats why i was concerned if there is a particular step to do different from the PS4 tutorial, or what to watch out for, and if their assumption has something to do with it.

So far i'm hopeful it will work for me, i will follow the instructions for PS4 on my PS5. 1f642.png

I'm wondering that too. Why does people say it only works on PS4?

Oh well... anyway. It does work on PS5 that's what matters...

Edit : Just got the platinum. Finally... so yes. v1.09 did the trick nicely.

Edited by Zaldred

On 7/4/2023 at 8:13 AM, majo334 said:

On downgraded 1.09 version? It needs to be specifally downgraded by getting the patch via proxy...

I had 3 playthroughs so far and the No Loose Ends and New Boss trophies did not pop. I have tried alot. I'm playing on PS5 version 1.10 

I didn't revert to a prior version no. I did whatever the most recent version was at the time. I believe it was the current version.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know why I don't see a json file listed in Charles? None of these end in .json. Instead they all end in a binary number.

*edit*

I simply named it to .JSON and mapped it correctly. Currently downloading version 1.09!!!!

Edited by NLGpro

• 1 month later...

Wow looks like I’m last to the party lol. So I got a brand new dimension to add to this royal clusterduck 🦆👑😁  I ended up buying the MAFIA Trilogy on PS5: all 3 mafia games, all 3 are the definitive editions. And so When I go into my game library and bring up the basic info on Mafia 3, it says version 1.12 from the jump. And this is the problem. It looks like they took that latest version and made it the default for the Trilogy buy.  

So today I found all these awesome threads and help pages, but I’m having a major problem with Charles. Whereas the Tutorial video on Vimeo(9:22) shows file appkgo-prod-CUSA03617-f-and Here are the files I’m supposed to downgrade ☑️. Except my version, the mafia trilogy version 1.12(default) shows appkgo-prod-CUSA03652 for every last file…there’s no longer a CUSA03617 anything. It’s a whole new version it seems, because it was part of the trilogy bundle..? I don’t know 

it feels like I’m still doing something wrong, but I can’t manage to switch versions no matter how many times I copy, paste, and replace A0112-VO100 WTH AO109-VO100.json.  Having the trilogy version of this game might be screwing me up here, but I’m really not sure. 

if I were to purchase an old physical copy of this game, would it be easier to go from patch 1.00 to patch 1.09, or would it go straight from 1.0 to 1.12? 

this issue really took the wind out of my sails today. No matter what I tried, nothing worked. I love the game, why I’m trying to finish out my trophies w v1.09 but wow I never thought it would be so difficult to downgrade. Any help from anyone here, I would be so very Grateful 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhoenixFury916 said:

MAFIA Trilogy on PS5

You can't downgrade using a PS5 if you own the game digitally. You need a PS4. You downgrade 1.12 to 1.0, then patch back up to 1.09

If it's a disc it should work unless they already included the patches on the disc.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 5:00 AM, DavySuicide said:

huge thread and maybe someone brought this already up, but what about playing the disc version vanilla? I can`t remember the state of the game by release but with 1.0 and updates deactivated it should be possible to play the game without the current bugs or am i wrong?

No, it had bugs then too.  Maybe the same bugs that it reverted back to with the latest patch.

• 2 months later...
On 9/25/2023 at 7:33 PM, MrHealthy said:

You can't downgrade using a PS5 if you own the game digitally. You need a PS4. You downgrade 1.12 to 1.0, then patch back up to 1.09

If it's a disc it should work unless they already included the patches on the disc.

Other people seem to have been able to get it to work on their PS5s. I'm not having any luck doing so, but it sounds like it's possible.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2023 at 12:35 PM, djb5f said:

No, it had bugs then too.  Maybe the same bugs that it reverted back to with the latest patch.

Are the same trophies affected by bugs in version 1.0 as they are in 1.12? It'd be nice to know what kinds of bugs were present in version 1.0.