How to obtain glitched trophies

cxool123

5 hours ago, Phantom_Maveth said:

I am not using the version from the extra tier, I have the game from way back when the gave it as a plus monthly game, so I have the license. 

If I have to buy it it is not a problem, I just just like to avoid it if possible.

Oh, then you're probably ok! Sounds like you're cool buying it anyway, but I have heard some chatter about ppl who got various games thru the monthly PS Plus then losing access when a game starts or leaves Extra or Premium. That sounds like it often gets resolved thru some combo of deleting/reinstalling, restoring licenses, and/or Sony support as a last resort.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 11:51 PM, RowdyHanger said:

Im sure this is mentioned somewhere but I couldn’t seem to find it, As far as I remember there were some glitched trophies on release (might be remembering wrong), so if I play the game unpatched which trophies do I have to worry about? If any

Unpatched doesn't work either as there were issues with trophies at release. The best method (which unfortunately only works on the PS4, not the PS5) is to use the below guide to update to a specific patch, ver. 1.09, download any of the DLC you have, then play offline until you obtain all the trophies.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/92511-how-to-obtain-glitched-trophies/?page=4#comment-2195024

If you leave your online connected it will try to download the latest patch every time you turn on the PS4 or start the game up. 1.09 is the only one in where various counters tied to trophies don't reset when you close the game. All trophies, including trophies from all 3 DLC, will unlock in 1.09 without having to take any special precautions (I just did it myself). Any other version is sketchy. After getting 1.09 installed, If you accidentally go online, or have to go online to download something or upload a save file, just make sure to go to notifications and delete the Mafia III 1.12 patch before it finishes downloading.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 3

Not sure about PS5 but it is possible to platinum on current version of PS4 (no need to downgrade). Had to backup a save on USB before confronting the first Racket boss. Saves a ton of time when beginning playthroughs of killing/recruiting Racket bosses and informants. Wasn't a fun experience doing it in one sitting every time but it IS possible once you route out where to go so you can finish in 5-6 hours, minimizing the chance of the game crashing.

14 hours ago, Hecu93 said:

No loose ends glitched on me. Flambe went very smoothly but this trophy didnt pop, gonna wait and hope they patch it up so I wont have to play this game a million times as its so unstable according to other players. Sigh... 

Did you downgrade to patch 1.09? That's pretty much the only way to 95% guarantee that all the trophies will pop. They finally had fixed the trophy counters in 1.09, then broke them again (many reset whenever you close the game) when they patched in Pro boost mode and turned it into Mafia III "Definitive Edition" with patch 1.12.

Finally got the Plat after a long break. The New Boss was the only trophy missing for me.

Managed to finish it on PS4 on 1.12.

- Internet off

- HDCP off (PS4 System Settinss)

- Deleted all Saved Games

- PS4 Rest Mode for about 45 mins, every 2-3 flipped bosses

Not a single crash.

Also, I uploaded my save file to PSN just before I flipped the very first boss (saves you a looot of time if you have to start over).

FPS went town a couple of times during the police shootout, at the French Ward, driving in the tunnel and during the Southdown mission (usually the game crashed before).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drazmierz said:

Finally got the Plat after a long break. The New Boss was the only trophy missing for me.

Managed to finish it on PS4 on 1.12.

Congratulations! 

smilies_fb5ly1x373yj.gif

Since you had to play the game on PS4, does it mean that it will always crash when playing on PS5?

7 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Since you had to play the game on PS4, does it mean that it will always crash when playing on PS5?

No, most definitely not. I've read posts of trophy hunters who managed to finish the game on PS5 on 1.12.

One of the guys posted the setup (internet off, deletes saved games and using the rest mode quite often) and it worked for me, although additionally I turned of HDCP.

And thanks! :) Finally got this burden off my chest

• Like 1

On 4.1.2023 at 5:21 AM, Guardian_owl said:

Did you downgrade to patch 1.09? That's pretty much the only way to 95% guarantee that all the trophies will pop. They finally had fixed the trophy counters in 1.09, then broke them again (many reset whenever you close the game) when they patched in Pro boost mode and turned it into Mafia III "Definitive Edition" with patch 1.12.

No, im thinking about making a no closing the game run to get the trophies, im not sure if I can downgrade to 1.09 because im playing the digital version anyways. But im afraid the game will crash cause it crashed once in my most recent run of the game but I just gotta take that risk I guess. 

Edited by Hecu93
Additional text

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Evilash42 said:

when i´m done with the Maingame and got the Platinum, can i play the DLCs on PS5 or do i have to play them on PS4 V1.09?

For the DLC trophies, you can update to the latest patch of the game. I was able to obtain all DLC trophies with the latest patch (v1.12) installed on PS4.

Since no one has reported that this game has problems with trophies on PS5, I believe it will be fine on PS5.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Evilash42 said:

Hello,

i´m downloading right now Mafia III V1.09 on PS4.

My question is, when i´m done with the Maingame and got the Platinum, can i play the DLCs on PS5 or do i have to play them on PS4 V1.09?

Thanks in advance

The DLCs aren't really post-game content, they can be played concurrent with the main story, they aren't in a separate section on the main menu like Mafia 2. I would actually recommend this, particularly with the Faster Baby DLC as there can be a lot of waiting around real time for the marijuana to grow if you don't have story missions or other activities to do. It can also be a good source of revenue once you get it pretty fully upgrade. You will need it too as one of the other DLCs is just a giant money sink that doesn't provide any revenue. Just make sure to look up the trophy guide for "Trap Game Strong" as it is finnicky. There is one DLC story mission where you can get all 10 and pop it. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2022 at 0:18 AM, Guardian_owl said:

Unpatched doesn't work either as there were issues with trophies at release. The best method (which unfortunately only works on the PS4, not the PS5) is to use the below guide to update to a specific patch, ver. 1.09, download any of the DLC you have, then play offline until you obtain all the trophies.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/92511-how-to-obtain-glitched-trophies/?page=4#comment-2195024

If you leave your online connected it will try to download the latest patch every time you turn on the PS4 or start the game up. 1.09 is the only one in where various counters tied to trophies don't reset when you close the game. All trophies, including trophies from all 3 DLC, will unlock in 1.09 without having to take any special precautions (I just did it myself). Any other version is sketchy. After getting 1.09 installed, If you accidentally go online, or have to go online to download something or upload a save file, just make sure to go to notifications and delete the Mafia III 1.12 patch before it finishes downloading.

I mean no disrespect but you were wrong about the downgrade patch not working on PS5 I actually got it to work using this method. I messed up a few times but after watching the helpful video I got it to work.  

IMG_5641.jpg

Just completed my first playthrough and 2 of them glitched on me (flipping racket bosses and family). Not a big deal since I got most of the trophies. Game crashed only once on me but I had to exit out since I had an infinite black screen.

Edit: Platinum achieved. Only crashed once throughout my playthrough.

Edited by Apocasy

39 minutes ago, HyperionNereus said:

Just got the "Can't Trust a Rat" trophy. Definitley not in a single session. I left the game several times and even shutted down my PS5. But I had no chrashes since I started this playthrough. So maybe I was lucky.

I'm curious if I have this luck with "No Loose Ends" too :D

It doesn't have to be done in a single session but it does have to be done without crashing. So you were very lucky. To reply to the others, no hangar 13 will not patch this, they have showed quite clearly they don't give a shit about fixing this, they are more concerned with announcing Mafia iv and pumping out yet more broken shite. 1.8 doesn't work, only 1.9

On 3/3/2023 at 9:41 PM, Apocasy said:

Just completed my first playthrough and 2 of them glitched on me (flipping racket bosses and family). Not a big deal since I got most of the trophies. Game crashed only once on me but I had to exit out since I had an infinite black screen.

If the game crashes both counters on those trophies reset. Every single time. Only 1.09 avoids this, even 1.01 base patch has crashing as an issue. Hangar 13 are a complete shower of shite, they have refused categorically to address this issue, they have even deleted emails and blocked people who have messaged them. Do not buy any of their products don't give them anymore money. 2K aren't responsible for this one, the dev is. 1.12 wasn't ready and should never have released. 

4 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

If the game crashes both counters on those trophies reset. Every single time. Only 1.09 avoids this, even 1.01 base patch has crashing as an issue. Hangar 

Yeah I’m aware. I was fortunate the game only crashed once flipping all the racket bosses.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to ask again, sorry.

I did a new try, had no crashes, only the stuck camera after the takeover of some of the rackets (does this count as crash?), killed all of the bosses... No trophy :(

Is the only fault that I leave the game from time to time (and didn't use the standby mode of the PS5), really? Or is it the stuck camera?

I just can't deal with the fact that it doesn't work out.

Hey there. I've finally managed to get the platinum on this damn game. Several players have contacted me asking how I got it, so I think it's best to explain it in detail. Sorry in advance that I'm going to overextend, but I want to explain it as concisely and complete as possible, since this game (in terms of trophies) is a f... nightmare.
I want it to be clear, that what I am going to describe next is what has worked for ME. I haven't tried it more times after I got it, you already know how frustrating this game can be and the investment of time that it has required me has been simply absurd. There are people who get the platinum in a lot of different ways, so the thing that worked for me
dont necessary have to work for you, but that is at your own risk.

Well, after having taken a 2-year break (waiting for the long-awaited patch that never arrived, f... 2K) and without any of the solutions given in all the forums I went not working for me (Reddit, Trueachievements and this one, of course), I left the game in standby remaining to get the trophies "Family", "No Loose Ends", "The New Boss","Just You and Me" and "Pop,pop" of "The End of Times" Dlc. For changes in my job schedule, i get the necessary time to try again and prove.
I dont recommend at all this method if you have to let the Ps4 in sleep mode a few days. The only methods that I have not tried is to downgrade to version 1.09 (Seems this is the best bet, but I am barely a PC user and it was very difficult for me to follow the downgrading tutorial) and play on Ps5, coz i dont own one.I play on a Ps4, Definitive Edition on Disk and playing Offline. This would be my 3rd and 4th playthrough, which I crashed when I had flipped 6 and 10 racket bosses in each respective playthrough.
Since I was missing the "Pop, Pop" trophy, I decide to install the Dlc "The End of Times", update the game to the latest version 1.12, play ONLINE; yes, u read correct, ONLINE and putting the Ps4 to sleep each 2-3 racket bosses/Marcano's lieutenant for 45 min aprox (this is up to you,my Ps4 is the old model and overheating constantly).

This would be my fifth playthrough and one of the good ones. Summary of the playtrough: ONLINE game, Definitive Edition on Disk, version updated to patch 1.12, backup on flash drive before going for the first racket boss (Charlie Kincaid), this saves you about 2-3 hours of gameplay in case of crash and having to go back to start. Order of districts: Barclay Mills (history related to Cassandra), Tickfaw Harbor: Goes to Burke as you need to have a fast car as soon as possible; River Row: Goes to Vito. Delray Hollow: Cassandra. Dowtown: Vito (Getting Vito's squad is useful for speeding up the take of the racket boss business as much as possible), French Ward: Burke, SouthDowns: Cassandra, Frisco Fields: Vito.

I only went for the main bosses when it was already required to unlock a district. Order: Tony Derazio, Enzo Conti, Lou Marcano, Frank Pagani, Michael Grecco and Tommy Marcano. I skipped all the cutscenes except for Enzo Conti and Lou Marcano, as I had crashes in 2 previous playthroughs and I read on various forums that they gave problems if skipped. Btw, if loading a cutscene (or wathever) the screen turns black and only the loading icon appear, try to load a checkpoint, it works for me in my failed playthgroughs. In the method im describing, with version 1.12 and playin online, i didnt have any single crash or loading problems.  

Well, once I manage to flip the penultimate racket boss in the game, Chester Moreau from the Southern Union (the other one from Frisco Fields dont allow to save him as part of the history) I get "The New Boss" trophy. Then I do the side missions of Cassandra, Vito and Burke (all in a row and in that order) and I get the "Family" trophy.

For the sixth playthrough, and with renewed faith -_-U, I do exactly the same as in the previous game, Only change that instead of flipping the racket bosses, I kill them all. And that I assign the businesses to Burke and Cassandra (Burke, Cassandra and rinse and repeat) but in the meetings I give them to Vito (he seems to me to be the one with the most useful perks of the three), which provokes the wrath of the one who had the businesses assigned to the district you gave to Vito and unlock the missions that allow you to kill them. So, after killing the 16 racket bosses I get the "No Loose Ends" trophy and in the final meeting, before the "kill Sal Marcano" quest and have killed Burke and Cassandra, I get "Just you and Me" and the annoying platinum.

In the "Pop, Pop" trophy of the Dlc, after trying many locations, and killing 4 in slow-mo like 50 times, I read that the Tickfaw Harbor police station had worked for quite a few people, and it did for me too. You enter at the police station and as soon as the first two cops see you, they will shoot you immediately. Wait until you have four, kill them, let them kill you or load checkpoint (i assume that works for both methods because two times they killed me waiting for them to come together and the 8 other times I loaded checkpoint) and the tenth time I got the trophy. So for me, it only worked in that location, but  like a charm.

And that's it. Sorry again for the length of the post, but I have received questions both from people who only need a trophy and from several who want to start it but do not dare because of how desperate it can be and they have several doubts. I hope this information can be of help for someone .

Regards and above all, a lot of patience and luck.

• Like 1

On 14.3.2023 at 4:26 AM, Drizzt_do_Urdenn said:

Hey there. I've finally managed to get the platinum on this damn game. Several players have contacted me asking how I got it, so I think it's best to explain it in detail. Sorry in advance that I'm going to overextend, but I want to explain it as concisely and complete as possible, since this game (in terms of trophies) is a f... nightmare.
I want it to be clear, that what I am going to describe next is what has worked for ME. I haven't tried it more times after I got it, you already know how frustrating this game can be and the investment of time that it has required me has been simply absurd. There are people who get the platinum in a lot of different ways, so the thing that worked for me
dont necessary have to work for you, but that is at your own risk.

Well, after having taken a 2-year break (waiting for the long-awaited patch that never arrived, f... 2K) and without any of the solutions given in all the forums I went not working for me (Reddit, Trueachievements and this one, of course), I left the game in standby remaining to get the trophies "Family", "No Loose Ends", "The New Boss","Just You and Me" and "Pop,pop" of "The End of Times" Dlc. For changes in my job schedule, i get the necessary time to try again and prove.
I dont recommend at all this method if you have to let the Ps4 in sleep mode a few days. The only methods that I have not tried is to downgrade to version 1.09 (Seems this is the best bet, but I am barely a PC user and it was very difficult for me to follow the downgrading tutorial) and play on Ps5, coz i dont own one.I play on a Ps4, Definitive Edition on Disk and playing Offline. This would be my 3rd and 4th playthrough, which I crashed when I had flipped 6 and 10 racket bosses in each respective playthrough.
Since I was missing the "Pop, Pop" trophy, I decide to install the Dlc "The End of Times", update the game to the latest version 1.12, play ONLINE; yes, u read correct, ONLINE and putting the Ps4 to sleep each 2-3 racket bosses/Marcano's lieutenant for 45 min aprox (this is up to you,my Ps4 is the old model and overheating constantly).

This would be my fifth playthrough and one of the good ones. Summary of the playtrough: ONLINE game, Definitive Edition on Disk, version updated to patch 1.12, backup on flash drive before going for the first racket boss (Charlie Kincaid), this saves you about 2-3 hours of gameplay in case of crash and having to go back to start. Order of districts: Barclay Mills (history related to Cassandra), Tickfaw Harbor: Goes to Burke as you need to have a fast car as soon as possible; River Row: Goes to Vito. Delray Hollow: Cassandra. Dowtown: Vito (Getting Vito's squad is useful for speeding up the take of the racket boss business as much as possible), French Ward: Burke, SouthDowns: Cassandra, Frisco Fields: Vito.

I only went for the main bosses when it was already required to unlock a district. Order: Tony Derazio, Enzo Conti, Lou Marcano, Frank Pagani, Michael Grecco and Tommy Marcano. I skipped all the cutscenes except for Enzo Conti and Lou Marcano, as I had crashes in 2 previous playthroughs and I read on various forums that they gave problems if skipped. Btw, if loading a cutscene (or wathever) the screen turns black and only the loading icon appear, try to load a checkpoint, it works for me in my failed playthgroughs. In the method im describing, with version 1.12 and playin online, i didnt have any single crash or loading problems.  

Well, once I manage to flip the penultimate racket boss in the game, Chester Moreau from the Southern Union (the other one from Frisco Fields dont allow to save him as part of the history) I get "The New Boss" trophy. Then I do the side missions of Cassandra, Vito and Burke (all in a row and in that order) and I get the "Family" trophy.

For the sixth playthrough, and with renewed faith -_-U, I do exactly the same as in the previous game, Only change that instead of flipping the racket bosses, I kill them all. And that I assign the businesses to Burke and Cassandra (Burke, Cassandra and rinse and repeat) but in the meetings I give them to Vito (he seems to me to be the one with the most useful perks of the three), which provokes the wrath of the one who had the businesses assigned to the district you gave to Vito and unlock the missions that allow you to kill them. So, after killing the 16 racket bosses I get the "No Loose Ends" trophy and in the final meeting, before the "kill Sal Marcano" quest and have killed Burke and Cassandra, I get "Just you and Me" and the annoying platinum.

In the "Pop, Pop" trophy of the Dlc, after trying many locations, and killing 4 in slow-mo like 50 times, I read that the Tickfaw Harbor police station had worked for quite a few people, and it did for me too. You enter at the police station and as soon as the first two cops see you, they will shoot you immediately. Wait until you have four, kill them, let them kill you or load checkpoint (i assume that works for both methods because two times they killed me waiting for them to come together and the 8 other times I loaded checkpoint) and the tenth time I got the trophy. So for me, it only worked in that location, but  like a charm.

And that's it. Sorry again for the length of the post, but I have received questions both from people who only need a trophy and from several who want to start it but do not dare because of how desperate it can be and they have several doubts. I hope this information can be of help for someone .

Regards and above all, a lot of patience and luck.

Thank you, for this detailed description.

For me it was only the trophy No Loose ends, so I focused on this part:

In my opinion the order doesn't really matter, I stayed halfway in this order but switched the districts that needs to be unlocked first (French Ward, Frisco Fields, Downtown).

I think the mosty valuable tipp (for me) was the standbymode-thing. I did 2-3 bosses (like you said) and made a standby-phase of 30min to 2 hours. I had no crashes (maybe the ps5 isn't overheating as much as the ps4), just the stucked up camera after overtaking some rackets (maybe in 8 of 16 cases), but reloading the checkpoint fixed this.

I'm very happy that it worked in the end, I have the platinum trophy :D yeah!

I had no disc-version of the game, therefore version 1.12, a backup right before the first boss (but did not need it, because no crashes), played online. 

In summary: use the standby mode, I think it will not work without it.

I'm now leisurely devoting myself to the DLCs (in my mind the tipp with the Pop pop trophy ;) )

Edited by HyperionNereus