How to obtain glitched trophies

cxool123

This game can still be platinumed. The downgrade works on digital Mafia 3 using PS4 and/or PS5. I can 100% confirm the downgrade works with Charles (check my trophies) and version 1.09 is still online via JSON here

http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA03652_00/73/f_cd2ab46d6e8f4f2c8f9b4e8653b83adcec07cb578ffc5278d41814381db047b8/f/UP1001-CUSA03652_00-MAFIA30000000001-A0109-V0101.json

v2F2KDn.jpg

The reason these bugs exist and were never fixed is because they were introduced with the DLC. My crashes were all when something DLC related tried to load when playing the main story, so crashes can happen at any time.

DO NOT rely on the method of playing though non-stop or leaving the console on. It's NOT a reliable strategy to get this platinum. I did 17 non-stop playthroughs and the trophy didn't pop. 1 playthrough on 1.09 with a crash and the cumulative trophies worked perfectly for moe

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

am i doing something wrong i downgraded to 1.09 was able to get the trophy for flipping all of the racket bosses i've now done three runs killing everyone in one session n still no luck i've tried doing it online offline deleting n reinstalling the game without the dlc but sadly still nothing. should i try updating to 1.12 n trying it in one session on that update was able to get all the other glitched trophies on 1.09 but this one refuses to work.

On 1/7/2024 at 9:12 PM, justin747 said:

This game can still be platinumed. The downgrade works on digital Mafia 3 using PS4 and/or PS5. I can 100% confirm the downgrade works with Charles (check my trophies) and version 1.09 is still online via JSON here

http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA03652_00/73/f_cd2ab46d6e8f4f2c8f9b4e8653b83adcec07cb578ffc5278d41814381db047b8/f/UP1001-CUSA03652_00-MAFIA30000000001-A0109-V0101.json

The reason these bugs exist and were never fixed is because they were introduced with the DLC. My crashes were all when something DLC related tried to load when playing the main story, so crashes can happen at any time.

DO NOT rely on the method of playing though non-stop or leaving the console on. It's NOT a reliable strategy to get this platinum. I did 17 non-stop playthroughs and the trophy didn't pop. 1 playthrough on 1.09 with a crash and the cumulative trophies worked perfectly for moe

This is some godsend information here, thank you very much and congrats on successfully obtaining the trophies! It was my last bit of doubt if all of this works on PS5 or at all, still.

On 1/19/2024 at 8:14 AM, illumiMatty said:

am i doing something wrong i downgraded to 1.09 was able to get the trophy for flipping all of the racket bosses i've now done three runs killing everyone in one session n still no luck i've tried doing it online offline deleting n reinstalling the game without the dlc but sadly still nothing. should i try updating to 1.12 n trying it in one session on that update was able to get all the other glitched trophies on 1.09 but this one refuses to work.

If i were you i would try to set up the downgrade method one more time from scratch, just as if you tried it for the first time. I wouldn't go for the updating/one-session route since its one of the most frustrating things if your game would crash right before getting the last trophies. 

Hi,

I did the downgrade of the PS4 Mafia 3 DE version on my PS5 and it worked fine. 

The only version that nets you the trophies without doing it in one session is v1.09 as far as I know.

I've tried in one session as well and it was a nightmare. It can work for some people but it didn't for me.

Edited by Zaldred
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2024 at 3:12 PM, justin747 said:

17!!? How are you still sane? I was going crazy after 4....

I did the cumulative trophies on the latest patch by playing it all in one-sitting and all the trophies popped no problem this way. It's a shitty, stressful method but it does work if done correctly. You just can't quit or close the game at any point as the counter resets at this point and voids the flip/kill trophies for that run. Quitting out to the main menu also voids it, you have to literally keep the game running in game once you start from start to finish. Use rest mode while paused in game to take a break. If all done correctly and the game doesn't crash on you, the trophies should pop this way in the end. Basically, you can't ever see the main menu again in the game until you finish the game, if you did at any point, the trophies are voided. 

You're the first person to say they had issues with this method and the trophies still not popping so I'd be interested in hearing the exact method you used for your one-sitting runs. If it differs from anything I said above then you did something that voided the trophies without you realizing it. Even if the trophies are still glitchy, I would think after 17 attempts it would eventually work as they did for so many others so I have to assume you were doing something incorrectly and further clarification could help others from wasting as much time as you unfortunately had to. 

On 6/29/2023 at 1:07 PM, DezzaNufc- said:

For the family trophy can you save b4 doing the side quests and uploading it to the cloud incase of a game crash. Then I can do all 15 quests in 1 sitting

I'm still working on the platinum for this game, but I can confirm that for the Family trophy, you can use a cloud save as a backup. Before trying for Family, I had 3 territories assigned to each ally (and my game crashed a few times while doing this). I had not started any of the side missions. I backed up my save to the cloud, then ran through all 15 side missions (5 for each ally) in one sitting and the Family trophy popped. (I tried this another time, the game crashed during the side missions, and no trophy.)

So, on the current patch (1.12), you can use a back-up for Family, but you do have to do all side missions without quitting or crashing.

• 2 weeks later...

So - Platinum is done!!!
For me the following worked on the PS5 with the Disc Edition of the game:
- Flipping the 16 bosses was easy with the Version 1.09. Done several session with shutting down the PS5, no problem. During this run I disconnected the PS5 from the internet. Installing of version 1.09 was also easy with the guide (even with a Mac).

- I have done all the trophies for the side mission in version 1.12 without doing them in one session. Even the trophies with a counter (destroy 10 banners) could be done in multiple session with shutting down the PS5. So seems that the counter for the side mission on the DLCs are not effected (in my case). I've tried the flipping of the bosses also in 1.12 but this did not worked.

- The game did not crashed for me either in 1.09 or in 1.12. 

• Like 2

I'm playing through the game on version 1.12. The game has crashed on me once, so I haven't played the game through in one session. Last night though, one of the glitched trophies for killing 15 racket informants still popped for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2024 at 5:51 PM, rsh2112 said:

I'm playing through the game on version 1.12. The game has crashed on me once, so I haven't played the game through in one session. Last night though, one of the glitched trophies for killing 15 racket informants still popped for me. 

It's one of the few popping up even using 1.12, but don't rely on it, i've played a complete run on 1.12 and i haven't got loyalty and racket bosses trophies. same thing for killing stats trophies. I'm on PS5 and i downgraded to 1.09 before starting second run and till now every trophy pops up even if i shutdown my console or close the game. I'm reccomending you to do the same if you don't want to play useless runs.

14 hours ago, BurtoN_NerD said:

It's one of the few popping up even using 1.12, but don't rely on it, i've played a complete run on 1.12 and i haven't got loyalty and racket bosses trophies. same thing for killing stats trophies. I'm on PS5 and i downgraded to 1.09 before starting second run and till now every trophy pops up even if i shutdown my console or close the game. I'm reccomending you to do the same if you don't want to play useless runs.

Yeah, I tried downgrading to 1.09, but no luck. I must have done something wrong. I beat the game last night and deleted it right afterward. I'm not gonna bother trying to get the platinum. 

8 hours ago, HusKy said:

If I install v1.09, how do the DLCs work? Are they compatible, can I download them normally and play everything on v1.09?

I did it over a year ago, but I am 99% sure I downgraded to v1.09, did not download dlc's until I had the plat, then upgraded to v 1.12 and downloaded and did them. Anyway all my time stamps show I did not get any dlc trophies til after the plat, so suggests to me I am remembering right

• Like 1

You can also reconnect to download the DLC, and dismiss the main game update, then go back offline. Though unlike Mafia 2, the Mafia 3 DLC is not separate, it is a part of the main game map. The first DLC is a means of generating income that takes in-game to grow. So I would recommend installing the DLC before you clean up the plat, otherwise there is going to be time when you are just going to have to sit around with the game open, waiting. It takes a TON of cash to max out the DLC trophies, so starting your weed farm in the first DLC as early as possible may be helpful.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 9:22 AM, Guardian_owl said:

Though unlike Mafia 2, the Mafia 3 DLC is not separate, it is a part of the main game map.

That's what I was wondering. Thanks, I will download the DLCs too. v1.09 is already installed.

When launching the game, it will always try to update itself. This is probably not preventable besides disconnecting from network?

On 2/19/2024 at 11:20 PM, HusKy said:

If I install v1.09, how do the DLCs work? Are they compatible, can I download them normally and play everything on v1.09?

From my experience, all DLC trophies unlocked just fine on the newest patch (1.12) - never tried previous patches. I, however, platted the game on patch 1.09.

I obtained all trophies in the game on standard PS4.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zizimonster said:

From my experience, all DLC trophies unlocked just fine on the newest patch (1.12) - never tried previous patches. I, however, platted the game on patch 1.09.

I obtained all trophies in the game on standard PS4.

Can confirm the DLC trophies pop without problems on latest patch.

• Like 1

I was shocked to see this topic. I downloaded and played this a while back and had zero issues with it. No trophy problems and no crashing. Glad there are a good amount of workarounds for those that are affected though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Did the downgrade to 1.09 with the digital version and so far everything is working fine. All trophies have unlocked when expected and the ones that require multiple kills aren’t being negatively affected by restarting the game, and they all unlocked once I met the requirements. I’d definitely recommend downgrading to anyone planning to get the Platinum as it’s not that hard to do (it just looks a lot more complex than it actually is) and it’ll save you a lot of time vs playing multiple playthroughs on 1.12 due to all the bugs it introduces.

As long as you have a PC or Mac that you can install the Charles Proxy application on, the downgrade process is relatively straightforward and shouldn’t take you more than a few minutes to setup. Once you have v1.09 installed just disable the Internet connection on your console and play offline to ensure no auto-updates for the game.

So far the experience has been trouble free and I’m enjoying the game instead of being stressed out about bugs and crashes.

---

Edit March 10/24: Got the Platinum today on Patch 1.09 with no problems at all. Everything unlocked when it was supposed to and there were no issues with restarting the game or reloading checkpoints or whatever. I got the majority of the DLC trophies with Patch 1.09 as well, and aside from some frame rate stutter in certain sections of the Bayou during Faster Baby! everything worked properly. The game did crash numerous times during my play through, most often during the transition from gameplay to a cutscene, and it would have been extremely painful to have to restart from scratch every time this happened if I was playing on Patch 1.12. It's a good game, but I don't want to have to play it more than the two times that are required.

Based on my experience, I'd say it's pretty much mandatory to downgrade to Patch 1.09 in order to get Platinum unless you are willing to risk having to start all over again if the game crashes. To me that's a massive showstopper, and you're much better off figuring out the downgrade process (it's really quite simple) as opposed to crossing your fingers and hoping that the game doesn't crash and burn on you. Ten minutes of effort to downgrade sure sounds better than losing hours of work if the game craps out, and I'm glad I figured it out. It allowed me to enjoy the game and the solid story as opposed to regretting my life choices.

Edited by Swotam
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

HI, i really need a help on this one. Ive been following the guide that was posted on this forum and the video as welI as i am trying to downgrade this stupid game, as I am stuck on just one bloody trophy that does not pop. i am totally confused and stuck on the part where the guide said to input the ip address and the port on the playstation network setting but it doesnt seem to connect. I have put in the wifi ip address, as this laptop only have one ethernet port to be utilized, which is to be connected for the playstation. Charles doesnt pick it up and it is driving me insane! I have tried everything (disabling firewall, adding port into the router etc) nothing seems to work and I am this close to giving up.

I am using the laptop with an active wifi connected to the internet and i am connecting the ps4 to my laptop via ethernet cable. originally, the playstation is connected on wifi. However, it doesnt seem to work or connect. What am i doing wrong? Please help.

11 minutes ago, convikted__ said:

i am connecting the ps4 to my laptop via ethernet cable

You are not supposed to do this.

Both devices should be connected to Wi-Fi/ethernet port on the router and have access to internet.

Start Charles.

Set IP+port in PS4 network settings and off you go.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, convikted__ said:

I am using the laptop with an active wifi connected to the internet and i am connecting the ps4 to my laptop via ethernet cable. originally, the playstation is connected on wifi. However, it doesnt seem to work or connect. What am i doing wrong? Please help.

Leave your PS4 and laptop connected to WiFi. Install Charles on your laptop. Configure your PS4 to use the IP address of the laptop and the correct port under Proxy settings. Test your connection from the PS4 and it should work. If you look at Charles you’ll see a bunch of stuff show up which means it’s working. 

What you are doing is telling your PS4 to use your laptop as a router / gateway to the Internet. Charles allows this to happen while also allowing you to change things that need changing so that you can downgrade. 

After you have it working then proceed to follow the instructions to change which version of the game is downloaded. Don’t rush and make sure you are doing what the instructions say and you’ll get it working. 

• Like 1