GTA V ONLINE TROPHIES -_-

rgeGeo

Sup fella's here's the trophy list - https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2093-Grand-Theft-Auto-V

I don't agree with online trophies at all, I get why they're there and I fully understand and respect your right to like them.

If you like them, then great; but I don't.

Example - The last of us was incredible! But they tacked on a multiplayer, it was good but it had trophies, they were pretty time consuming too, 

that annoyed me, I'll no doubt come back to TLoU again in 5 years, but what if I want to plat it again? You think the servers will be shut down? Maybe.

Good luck platting that SoB then.

The main reason I hate online trophies is this; it gives the platinum an expiration date. But,

Maybe with GTA V this won't be the case, GTA IV servers are still up right? Maybe we're ok, but still the day they close the servers, they kind of just broke there game, for trophy hunters at least.

With GTA V i can understand they put online trophies in the game, from the sounds of it, their online game sounds epic, a great plan if pulled off is something to be pretty F'n proud of, why not make us play it right? 

But still the expiration date bothers me, forcing me to play something I otherwise wouldn't have played for trophies is a little annoying but then again we could say that about 2nd/3rd play through's on a higher difficulty, or collecting all hidden items, whatever, it all makes sense, i get it;

but just because I get it doesn't mean I like it.

Thoughts? 

Honestly, they aren't bad compared to the MP trophies for GTA 4 and look super fun, just suck it up and act like a real trophy "hunter", not trophy complainer. :/

F.Y.I - Never complain about trophies unless you actually played the game itself. Technically speaking, no-one should complain about the GTA Online trophies UNTIL they have actually played it which goes live on October 1st.

• Like 1

Thoughts... thoughts... :hmm: what are those, again?

Seriously, though... I don't mind having multiplayer trophies - as long as the servers don't get shut down. If they do then I missed my chance at a platinum trophy - Big deal. Rockstar isn't known for shutting their servers, anyway; Look at Red Dead and GTA IV. Hell, are the servers for San Andreas still available? After all, they aren't EA.

Edited by Serge

Don't really know how GetMitched can say the GTA5 trophies aren't as bad as 4. It's funny to me how people always make assumptions about this kind of thing, based on nothing other than what they personally wanna believe or find reasonable. When Spartacus Legends first came out I saw three different people post on three different sites that it would take approx 30-50 hours to reach level 50. It turned out to be more like 200-250 hours. For all we know it will take 1000 hours to reach level 100 in GTA5. Stop throwing random numbers out there people, it doesn't help anyone.

It is a drag when servers get shut down but c'est la vie. It's not something I lose sleep about. I'm sure TLOU and GTA5 servers will be up until at least 2016. I can understand that you might want to go back and replay your favorite games in the distant future but I don't really see why you would care about platting them again.

Just be careful with EA sports game. Those servers have a pathetic life span.

Don't really know how GetMitched can say the GTA5 trophies aren't as bad as 4. It's funny to me how people always make assumptions about this kind of thing, based on nothing other than what they personally wanna believe or find reasonable. When Spartacus Legends first came out I saw three different people post on three different sites that it would take approx 30-50 hours to reach level 50. It turned out to be more like 200-250 hours. For all we know it will take 1000 hours to reach level 100 in GTA5. Stop throwing random numbers out there people, it doesn't help anyone.

It's called triple XP events. R* holds quite often for Social Club members. I'm pretty sure that's why they made the requirement so high.

I'm pretty sure that people tend to know that any Rockstar game is going to be a pain in regards to online (GTA4, RDR, etc)

You either worry about it or not. I've decided not to, and will play on an alt account in a couple of years when I can pick it up for 5€ or less :)

It's called triple XP events. R* holds quite often for Social Club members. I'm pretty sure that's why they made the requirement so high.

Still doesn't tell you how long getting to level 100 will take, which is exactly what lporiginalg was saying ...

Example - The last of us was incredible! But they tacked on a multiplayer, it was good but it had trophies, they were pretty time consuming too, 

that annoyed me, I'll no doubt come back to TLoU again in 5 years, but what if I want to plat it again? You think the servers will be shut down? Maybe.

Good luck platting that SoB then.

The Last of Us did not have MP just "tacked" on, it's a full-fledged MP game with it's own community. And, it's only 4 trophies. MP trophies only bother me when they have unrealistic requirements and the gameplay is terrible - See: Tomb Raider.

I'm pretty sure that people tend to know that any Rockstar game is going to be a pain in regards to online (GTA4, RDR, etc)

You either worry about it or not. I've decided not to, and will play on an alt account in a couple of years when I can pick it up for 5€ or less :)

Still doesn't tell you how long getting to level 100 will take, which is exactly what lporiginalg was saying ...

You couldn't possibly gauge how long that would take. It depends on the player. But what it does tell you is that it will give everyone a fair chance to reach the goal of 100.

Actually, if they pull the GTA online thing correctly, that server is never going close. GTAO is supossed to be a whole game on it's own, think of a MMO being regularly expanded by new versions of GTA, if GTA6 comes out and it's set on Vice City, then we'll have Vice City on GTAO. This isn't just a multiplayer enviroment for V, it's going to be the foundation of an entirely new world.

So I wouldn't worry about not being able to plat the game after a couple of years.

I remember when games had NO trophies at all. Back we played them for a little thing called " FUN ".

Think about it.

People still play games for fun? I'm pretty sure everyone on here plays them for the sake of trophy bragging rights and the ability to look down on those that are a lower level and laugh. I hope one day everything in life will be implemented with achievements. First date? PING! 

(Jokes)

What annoys me about MP trophies is that for the MP games I play the most, there are very limited trophies (Eg. Uncharted 3 only had 2 trophies where you had to play 2 games only), while other MP games I'm not into have a tonne of MP trophies. Hopefully GTA V's MP is great.

Edited by Herwest299