Three guys pretend to be cops...just to play GTA5 early

Lady Lilith

http://kotaku.com/three-guys-pretended-to-be-cops-to-get-gta-v-early-1337596291

original.png

"They posed as cops so they could play as crooks", opens this piece on silive. There's really no better way to put it.1P

According to reports from the NYPD, three men from Staten Island have been charged after they were caught impersonating police officers in order to cut in line ahead of hundreds of people waiting to buy Grand Theft Auto V from the Staten Island Mall.P

One of the three charged was an auxiliary NYPD officer. One was the son of a retired officer. They pulled up in a car (purchased at a police auction) with a "lights-and-siren package installed", and flashed badges in the mall to get to the front of the line.P

They were doing a pretty good job of convincing everyone. Apparently a mall guard offered them coffee, while GameStop staff thanked them for the extra security. After flashing badges once again, they were able to buy the gameP

Things fell apart when they left, though, as they made an illegal u-turn in the fake cop car on the way out. Right in front of a real cop, who was there in an unmarked car.P

Whoops.P

The three have been charged with second-degree criminal impersonation, and if found guilty could spend up to a year in prison.P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoCOXYiYM8g

• Like 1

Dumbasses. I almost had to arrest someone at the midnight launch last night too. The moron was trying to break into peoples cars who were waiting in line and tried to pick the furthest spot from the line. Unfortunately for him I hate parking my truck around people (because 90% of them can't drive and a dually has fenders that stick out so I don't want them getting ripped off) and when I was parking I noticed him leave a car and go away. A good 10 minutes later I saw him come back (I assumed he thought I left my truck, I never wait in lines by myself so I usually wait in my truck until the line dies down) and go to the passenger door of a different car. I got out, asked what he was doing and he bolted. Long story short, I was faster, tackled him and restrained him. Luckily on duty officers were on the scene and saw what happened so I had no paperwork to do and they arrested him for me. 

Parker

• Like 2