choc full of minigames like yakuza?

MatThaRiPP3R84

28 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

I was going to buy it but then saw videos with the drone races and puyo puyo and I gave up.

Puyo was a nightmare lol

Drone races take some time to get used to, I recommend using a fast drone from the start so you can get your reflexes adjusted.

9 hours ago, kanzenchaos said:

Puyo was a nightmare lol

Drone races take some time to get used to, I recommend using a fast drone from the start so you can get your reflexes adjusted.

I suck at all things racing and when I saw that the normal drones die in two hits and the dlc drones are blatant pay to win I said no thanks.

52 minutes ago, amex_svk said:

It shouldn't really matter if a drone only lasts 2 hits, as for the harder races/time trials you don't want to get hit at all to not lose time.

The target times are lenient enough that you can still succeed even if you take enough hits to destroy the low durability frame.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sk_lp_him said:

I suck at all things racing and when I saw that the normal drones die in two hits and the dlc drones are blatant pay to win I said no thanks.

There are two end game drone frames, one with 50 durability and one with 200. The low durability frame lets you equip somewhat better parts than the high durability one but dies in two hits as you said. The DLC drone frames let you equip the better parts without taking the hit to durability.

Despite that, I don't feel it's really pay to win as I'm unconvinced that the DLC frames actually make getting the racing trophies any easier in the end.

Edited by cckerberos
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Herbset said:

Man I was pretty bummed when I learned there is no karaoke in Judgement :(

Yeah I was gutted about that too lol. One of the mini-games I did love in the franchise. 

But yeah. The mini-games are beyond tough in Judgement. So much so it brought my completion streak to an end with Puyo Puyo. 

Also I hate how they wreck potential mini-games. Pinball. I always wanted Pinball in a Yakuza game and they finally put one in Judgement and its the worst table I have ever seen. Smallest flippers I have come across on a table, the physics make next to no sense and the bumpers and side stuff don't even have score points attached to them. 

The one thing I really hate about RGG and there mini-games is that you can only do them a single way. Never a creative or enjoyable way, just a 'its our way or you don't get it' kind of thing. 

Quite certain they're the only dev team who don't want gamers to enjoy there content lol. 

11 hours ago, sk_lp_him said:

Iirc you can choose to make more durable drones at the cost of speed, but I'd always choose a faster drone. Didn't buy any DLC either.