Issues Uploading A Video. Servers Possibly Shut Down. Platinum May Be Unattainable. (Edit: Issue Has Been Resolved).

effdeegee

Just so you know.

What!!! Since when? They were just on like a month or two ago!

Edit: I just checked the official Ubisoft forums and someone recently was having issues with connecting online and an official Ubisoft staff member made no mention of the online being off whatsoever. Also there is no official word on servers being down or turned off whatsoever. 

Edited by DanielVT

The email I got from Henry at Ubisoft:

"Hi effdeegee,

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support. I'm sorry to inform you but the Shawn White Snowboard servers for the PS3 has been disabled. Since the game has been released, the amount of players playing the game online has diminished and it was costing too much money to keep them up and running. So they decided to close the servers and that is why you cannot connect to the Ubisoft servers."

I followed up the question by asking if there was a chance that they could do a press release and open the servers for one day in the future so that all of the people needing the one trophy can drop by and do a quick upload to get the platinum. I'm waiting to hear back.

The weird thing is; I've been playing this game online for the last 24 hours and I've been connected to several people while completing the multiplayer challenges (Rat Race and Kill of the Hill) on each mountain.

It seems like there's two different servers or something for connecting with players and storing uploaded videos.

Very strange that I can play with others but not upload a video. What's even more strange is; 4 people have earned the Generation 2.0 trophy this month.

1. Why would the support guy say the servers are disabled if they're not?

or

2. How could these people earn the trophy if the servers were disabled?

This is pissing me off.

Edited by effdeegee

I followed up the question by asking if there was a chance that they could do a press release and open the servers for one day in the future so that all of the people needing the one trophy can drop by and do a quick upload to get the platinum. I'm waiting to hear back.

Have you heard back yet?

Wow.. did they even give a warning? or they just pulled a codemasters?

There is no evidence of an official statement on the web.

It's starting to look like there's 2 servers because nobody in North America can upload a replay but, people in Europe are still getting the platinum every couple of days (seems like most are from Germany).

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the gaming Gods must be smiling on me today. :)

I don't know what happened in the last three weeks but, after receiving a message from Carbon_Lancer saying that he and his friend were able to upload a replay, I was able to get the trophy (and the platinum w00t!) on the first attempt.

The only possible explanation I can think of is that all of my bitching to Ubisoft tech support made them get their arse in gear and either re-open the NA server or re-route traffic to a different one.

That's the only thing that makes any sense because over a week long span I tried to upload a video 40-60 times and it failed every time AND I was told directly from Ubisoft tech support that the SWS servers had been shut down for quite some time.

I completely gave up on the idea of the platinum and stopped playing games for the last three weeks. I was kind of depressed at the thought of having yet another incomplete game. That 98% staring at me every time I looked at my list and all because the easiest trophy in the game was unattainable. Like, seriously; I blow through the game in a couple of days and you're telling me I can't have this rare platinum because I can't upload a stupid replay?!? Ugh.

Now, suddenly, everyone and their dogs are cashing in the trophy on a daily basis.

Sweeeeeeet.

Thanks for the heads up, Carbon_Lancer! :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...