Your approach (DLC trophies)

trophynerd122

7 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

With the permadeath setting, which is the best one to go for that takes you the least furthest back? By day, by chapter etc. 

Chapter, I just got the Trophy for that on New Game+ on the easiest setting, it's not as bad as restarting the whole Act. It Autosaves quite often, just go to the menu while playing and it should say how long since Autosave. 

Edited by Nitemares-----

Earned both of the new trophies in one Grounded+/Permadeath run. As expected, it's pretty easy on NG+ with chapter checkpoints selected, and Combat Accessibility options enabled. I used Enhanced Listen Mode and Infinite Breath, as well. You can safely crawl your way through most sections, but there are still a few harrowing forced-combat encounters. Also, sometimes infected enemies will become alerted if they bump into you.

I don't know why some people were missing upgrades on Grounded+, because in my case, both characters had maxed-out gun and ability upgrades (other than the Listen Mode ones). Maybe they're dealing with a bug, or didn't manage their competed saves correctly.

My deaths were as follows:

Ellie - 2 to falling (she wouldn't grab the goddamn ladder at the beginning of Seattle), 1 to a Clicker who turned around while I was opening a door, in the Stalker building.

Abby - 1 to Rat King's overpowered grab, 1 to the sniper while I was busy with enemies, 1 to Ellie in phase 3 of the boss fight.

A bit unfortunate that you can use the options to mitigate a lot of the difficulty, but I've got nothing left to prove after three playthroughs of this lengthy game. Just wanted to get these trophies done.

Screenshot:

• Like 1

Just finished my runs. I did grounded and permadeath in two different runs and glad I did since there were some difficult sections on grounded. I never played on survivor before so I wasn't confortable with doing permadeath on grounded. 

For those wondering, my grounded run took me around 15h and the permadeath speedrun on very light difficulty was 6h 30min. 

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1