Maxing Out Surge Weapon Form

FranciRoosters

Does any of you remember the requirements to get the Surge Weapon Form to level 3? I've finished the DLC, got all other trophies and have more than 100k Source, but the third slot won't unlock for upgrading. Ideas?

EDIT: I've found the requirements online and I have everything. I cannot upgrade from a Control Point. Why?

Edited by FranciRoosters
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, FranciRoosters said:

Does any of you remember the requirements to get the Surge Weapon Form to level 3? I've finished the DLC, got all other trophies and have more than 100k Source, but the third slot won't unlock for upgrading. Ideas?

EDIT: I've found the requirements online and I have everything. I cannot upgrade from a Control Point. Why?

Have you finished the DLC ? I got mine pretty easily by folowing the story, did you check all Checkpoints ?

I have the same problem, can't find hidden locations although I checked the all map at least 20 times

3 minutes ago, cedom02830 said:

Have you finished the DLC ? I got mine pretty easily by folowing the story, did you check all Checkpoints ?

I have the same problem, can't find hidden locations although I checked the all map at least 20 times

As I mentioned above, yeah, I finished the DLC. Did all the Side Missions, too, and claimed all Control Points (Checkpoints). I've quit the game and restarted it again, tried fast-travelling from one Sector to another, but nothing. 

2 minutes ago, FranciRoosters said:

As I mentioned above, yeah, I finished the DLC. Did all the Side Missions, too, and claimed all Control Points (Checkpoints). I've quit the game and restarted it again, tried fast-travelling from one Sector to another, but nothing. 

Not normal, don't know what to do.

Do you know where to find some hidden locations ? got 3, don't know where to find another and how many I need.

3 hours ago, FranciRoosters said:

Same problem here

1 hour ago, Herr Hieb said:

I upgraded mine immediately after the final boss fight. Worked just like a normal upgrade as far as I could tell. I don't know of any secret requirement beyond having the materials necessary in the crafting menu.

Same for me. I upgraded with no issue Full upgraded it about 1 hour in. Just wondering did you guys update on one patch then do it on the other? As I remember a new patch appeared.

I played until I unlocked it, upgraded it once, and it disappeared from my upgrade list. Been a couple months since I played, but shouldn’t it show me materials needed for the second upgrade? If it’s supposed to I assume I’ve been glitched. I’ll just restart dlc from mission select when patched.

This list shows what items you need to upgrade it fully. 

Materials Needed to Construct:

• 15,000 Source
  • 1 Shaded Facet
  • 3 Confiscated Motive
  • 2 Hidden Trend

Level 2:

• 20,000 Source
  • 7 Confiscated Motive
  • 3 Shaded Facet
  • 4 Hidden Trend

Level 3:

• 25,000 Source
  • 15 Shaded Facet
  • 9 Hidden Trend
  • 1 Untapped Potential

I think if you dont have a Untapped Potential in your inventory you won't see upgrade 3. I might be wrong though.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Level 3:

• 25,000 Source
  • 15 Shaded Facet
  • 9 Hidden Trend
  • 1 Untapped Potential

I think if you dont have a Untapped Potential in your inventory you won't see upgrade 3. I might be wrong though.

Untapped Potential  ?

The one missable material. Crap. (unless it's not missable somehow, I had two unfinished upgrades because I couldn't find these.)

Edited by Jamescush147

2 hours ago, Jamescush147 said:

Untapped Potential  1f612.png

The one missable material. Crap. (unless it's not missable somehow, I had two unfinished upgrades because I couldn't find these.)

You can get them doing Bureu Alert. That i know for sure but i do think they are rare, also think you have to do alerts that are in the main game and not DLC. Worth a try if you need one.

6 hours ago, Quink666 said:

You can get them doing Bureu Alert. That i know for sure but i do think they are rare, also think you have to do alerts that are in the main game and not DLC. Worth a try if you need one.

Well I just restarted the game. I swear I only received one Untapped Potential in that entire game, this time I've three; one for each mini boss I've fought.

Now I need to find some more Hidden Trends.

The things trophy hunters do for one trophy. ?

17 minutes ago, Jamescush147 said:

Well I just restarted the game. I swear I only received one Untapped Potential in that entire game, this time I've three; one for each mini boss I've fought.

Now I need to find some more Hidden Trends.

The things trophy hunters do for one trophy. 1f601.png

If you manage to get the tier 3 upgrade this way please lemme know!

I don't fancy wasting another full playthrough to meet the same outcome 

3 hours ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

If you manage to get the tier 3 upgrade this way please lemme know!

I don't fancy wasting another full playthrough to meet the same outcome 

I did another playthough. ?

Well the Altered World Events DLC can be started at the time before you need to do the maze mission so you can't need to finish the game for those.

But I did finish it and got enough Hidden Trends material to finally pop the trophy.

9 hours ago, Samurai_SNAAAKE said:

I thought only Hidden Potential are from Bureau Alerts.
Untapped one is from side bosses.

is there a way to replay side bosses?  Or does one of the side missions in AWE have a side boss?  I don't know that I have a single side boss left to fight.  I can't find a untapped potential of all stupid ass fucking things.

On 9/3/2020 at 0:52 AM, Jamescush147 said:

I did another playthough. 1f61d.png

Well the Altered World Events DLC can be started at the time before you need to do the maze mission so you can't need to finish the game for those.

But I did finish it and got enough Hidden Trends material to finally pop the trophy.

So you had to start the entire game over as in the base game to solve this?  You know wha tis crazy is that when i revert back to endgame I don't have any then either and I only bought a few form upgrades for my weapons so WTF?  This is so frustrating.  At least we have easy mode to replay it on but damn I don't feel like being lost in this maze of a game for the next week or so replaying it again.

Edited by steel6burgh

10 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

So you had to start the entire game over as in the base game to solve this?  You know wha tis crazy is that when i revert back to endgame I don't have any then either and I only bought a few form upgrades for my weapons so WTF?  This is so frustrating.  At least we have easy mode to replay it on but damn I don't feel like being lost in this maze of a game for the next week or so replaying it again.

It would of been nice to get the Untapped Potential material on the Boss Replay they just added. ?

14 hours ago, Jamescush147 said:

It would of been nice to get the Untapped Potential material on the Boss Replay they just added. 1f644.png

Are you saying it's possible because my old save is still on the cloud?  I've played through the game all the way to the dlc and now I'm short 8 hidden trend.  I have no idea where I got what I had. I have plenty of untapped potential now but missing hidden trend.

Edit:   So hidden trend drops from named rangers and it doesn't matter if they are 2 or 3 above their name.

I imagine this glitch with the untapped potential happens to people who had a save file from before the patch where you do not have any untapped potential rewarded from completing side mission bosses.  I couldn't test the theory that they drop from Alerts because I had the jukebox mission active and of course it was bugged also where it just lets you go on the expeditions before completing the necessary mission steps before it thus not allowing you to complete the mission.  I was screwed all the way on this game.  However, I did a entire play through of the main game including several side missions and the AWE DLC over in less than a day.. Not too bad.  Glad this one is over!

Edited by steel6burgh

• 3 weeks later...