Aranea Highwind

Final Fantasy VII Remake PSN Avatars Reward

198 posts in this topic

Hello! I'm from the UK. I was wondering how long people who had sent off proof of a platinum trophy got a response? I phoned them on the 2nd September and sent my proof on the same day, didn't get confirmation they had received the proof until the 5th and nothing since. I have phoned again since and they said they will be in contact as soon as possible but I was wondering if I should contact them again since it has almost been two weeks? I don't want to bother them if this is the usual waiting time. 
P.s I did have the email promotion thing ticked at the time of getting the trophy. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all, I am a UK player who played Final Fantasy VII Remake day one, I also obtained the platinum within the first month too. I only recently found out about this promotion and decided to try and get in contact with PlayStation support via email, frankly it was quite useless till today. I decided to try and call the UK support number but underneath it was a live chat option for the UK (this never worked for me before today) I decided to click on it and was able to fill out a form beforehand about me query etc. Long story short he said he'd need to pass this case on to their accounts team and they will apply the vouchers (codes) to my account. He then went on to say "We will activate the vouchers ourselves on the account and then email you when they have been activated and you will receive notifications on your console. The contents of these bundles should be then accessible once we have done this". I asked hoe long this would take and he said 2 business days! 

Now I just play the waiting game and hope I get these bundles. I would've posted screenshots of my live chat but for whatever reason it didn't let me....

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s luck of the draw where you are from to be honest. I’m from the UK got a person in the chat who apologised and sent me an email straight away, the email (incident xyz) was apologising for me having problems with Persona 5 and it will be looked into within 14 days. I didn’t mention Persona 5 once in the chat nor do I own the game. As the email mentioned Persona 5 and not FFVII Remake I tried chat again. The other person I got seemed cool I told him my previous query was about FFVII Remake avatars not Persona 5 as I don’t own the game. He apologised and then asked for a screenshot of my trophies. I sent him it and he said this will be passed on to the relevant team and looked into but I didn’t receive an email with an incident number. That was Saturday. 

 

As I didn’t receive an email I enquiried again yesterday saying I am just following up about my prev incident, I heard people receive 3 codes, one for owning the game/completing chapter 1, chapter 18 and obtaining the platinum and got a guy the complete polar opposite of the first one I chatted with “oh you don’t get a code for just owning the game I’m afraid you only get codes for completing chapter 18 and having the platinum” I reply OK I’ve completed chapter 18. “Oh I see, you only get codes for having the game since day one” I have, I got it early due to Covid. “Are you signed up for marketing?” Yes. “I see that this issue has been raised with a colleague and we aim to answer within 2 business working days” OK thanks and what’s the incident number as I didn’t get one second time around? “It’s incident xyz” Incident xyz is the Persona 5 email I received... 

 

I dunno man, they seem very stingy about giving them out in the UK, for me anyway. It’s not like I haven’t met any of the requirements, I think I even beat chapter 18 before the official release date. It’s annoying for not getting the avatars but the way they’re going about it with some people, it’s the principle. If someone has met the same requirement as another person to obtain something then they should have access to the same thing. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so glad i'm not the only one who has experienced the awful customer service from PlayStation UK. They seem to be very stingy with the codes and don't want to give them out to anyone. The biggest excuse they kept giving me was 'marketing' wasn't on, but i've done the platinum again on another account with it on, i'm expecting another excuse from them or some bs like I posted before.

 

People on this forum have got them without marketing turned on from other countries... No consistency at all, It's still the same company at the end of the day, why is it different rules for different regions it's still Playstation! I'm gonna be so p*ssed off if they come up with the excuse of you needed to played it day 1 or can only have with on the associated account that unlocked them. They can't pick and change the rules they have stated in posts on Twitter that marketing needs to on the time the trophies are unlocked that's it.

 

It would 14 days for my secondary account on the 23/09/2020 but i'll contact them the next day about it. I really hope they don't stall and beat round the bush and just give me the codes. Honestly the fact that I've had to play the game a second time (which I enjoyed doing) but would of been time I would of preferred playing something else that if they mess me around I'm definitely waiting a good 4-5 years before getting a PS5 and would get Xbox Series X early 2021 instead of the PS5. It's purely because it's avatar codes that i've had to jump around for and they are acting like i'm asking for a £100 voucher from them, too tight to give them out and rude about it too.

 

Edited by Am4z1n9_AZ
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here in Italy the situation is a complete disaster. They refuse to help people via email, even if i already explained that i've asked for help through a phone call like 8 days ago (i even took note of the case number), they aren't even aware that the issue will eventually require me to send screenshots of the trophies via email.

 

You can think "ok, phone them again?". Sure. Except i tried twice today and in both cases they couldn't hear me because of "ongoing phone line issues".

 

Oh, and on a side note, the PS4 doesn't automatically take a screenshot for the trophy that you get for beating the game once. The anti-spoiler crap kicks in at the beginning of Chapter 18 until the post-game screen.

Edited by Lance_87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

I'm so glad i'm not the only one who has experienced the awful customer service from PlayStation UK. They seem to be very stingy with the codes and don't want to give them out to anyone. The biggest excuse they kept giving me was 'marketing' wasn't on, but i've done the platinum again on another account with it on, i'm expecting another excuse from them or some bs like I posted before.

 

People on this forum have got them without marketing turned on from other countries... No consistency at all, It's still the same company at the end of the day, why is it different rules for different regions it's still Playstation! I'm gonna be so p*ssed off if they come up with the excuse of you needed to played it day 1 or can only have with on the associated account that unlocked them. They can't pick and change the rules they have stated in posts on Twitter that marketing needs to on the time the trophies are unlocked that's it.

 

I know what you mean man they not being very clear and just saying to people we’ll pass it on because of all the things that are on the internet are conflicting with what they’ve been told UK side. Easiest way to deal with it is just to make the customer happy and give the rewards out for the same criteria met in other regions. 

 

I’m not going to lie like the reason why I am annoyed more, it is not getting th avatars, it’s the principle. I hate it when people or companies do not obey their own rules or don’t treat their customers the same. That’s what erks me more than anything. I’ll wait to see what they say with me, if anything, and then take it further. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lynx_1985 said:

I know what you mean man they not being very clear and just saying to people we’ll pass it on because of all the things that are on the internet are conflicting with what they’ve been told UK side. Easiest way to deal with it is just to make the customer happy and give the rewards out for the same criteria met in other regions. 

 

I’m not going to lie like the reason why I am annoyed more, it is not getting th avatars, it’s the principle. I hate it when people or companies do not obey their own rules or don’t treat their customers the same. That’s what erks me more than anything. I’ll wait to see what they say with me, if anything, and then take it further. 

 

It's not abour rules, it's how bad it was advertised. Nobody was expecting S-E to releasing rewards for beating the game. And nobody knew that they disabled the required email notification checkbox in certain countries. And now there's that stupid "hidden rule" that prohibites new free avatars in the Store (???) so they couldn't even release them as normal content -_-

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

 

It's not abour rules, it's how bad it was advertised. Nobody was expecting S-E to releasing rewards for beating the game. And nobody knew that they disabled the required email notification checkbox in certain countries. And now there's that stupid "hidden rule" that prohibites new free avatars in the Store (???) so they couldn't even release them as normal content -_-

I agree it was bad on SEs part for releasing them so late with no mention prior but I still stand by the rules things I mentioned. People have done the same things, some are getting rewarded, some aren’t. For example, I completed chapter 18, I raised it with Sony about it in my region, got told to jump through several hoops and it’s not looking promising. Other people in a different region, completed chapter 18, they raised it with Sony and received codes immediately. In some regions people have just completed chapter 1, raised it with Sony and received a code (in some cases all 3 codes) for some avatars. That’s what I mean with the rules, it’s not consistent. 

 

People have heard and received different things so they need to just put their hands up and say OK we screwed up, if you did x, y or z before or on this date (just a hypothetical example) then you will receive these codes for accomplishing said thing. 

Edited by lynx_1985
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the principle of the situation that annoys me, i'm going through all this bs when others have had obtained them easier. I did call them out for it saying why one region different than the others when it's the same company, the idiot agent couldn't give me a real answer. Playstation UK is complete garbage, it's the fact us UK gamers have to chase after them too when other regions are sending the codes through email after a few days without contacting them... The rewards system in the UK clearly doesn't work, why click tick on for marketing if you don't send anything out...

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also the fact in the UK we have to wait 14 days to make the query after unlocking the trophies... Then have to provide these idiots with screenshots even thought they have access to your profile and can clearly see what trophies you have unlocked and when... Then you have to wait even longer for them to 'investigate' when it's just so simple, you've just seen the evidence you should be providing the customer with the codes on the spot. Why wait another week or two when everything can be done in a matter of minutes... Like I said PlayStation UK has a horrible customer service team, probably the worst i've experienced. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my final answer from 🇫🇷 support:

Sadly, :platinum: avatars are only for 🇺🇸 accounts.

 

Do I want to waste more time for this? NO!

 

But thanks @Taliak14, you're a hero for us poor 🇪🇺 players that are always screwed. 😑

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FinalFan said:

Got my final answer from 1f1eb-1f1f7.png support:

Sadly, :platinum: avatars are only for 1f1fa-1f1f8.png accounts.

 

Do I want to waste more time for this? NO!

 

But thanks @Taliak14, you're a hero for us poor 1f1ea-1f1fa.png players that are always screwed. 1f611.png

 

Are they really THAT delusional?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

 

Are they really THAT delusional?

People from this thread have got the avatars that aren't from the us... Do they really think they can pull off that bs with us knowing it's misinformation.. See what I mean they seem very tight with the avatar codes and find excuses not to give them out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FinalFan said:

Got my final answer from 1f1eb-1f1f7.png support:

Sadly, :platinum: avatars are only for 1f1fa-1f1f8.png accounts.

 

Do I want to waste more time for this? NO!

 

But thanks @Taliak14, you're a hero for us poor 1f1ea-1f1fa.png players that are always screwed. 1f611.png

As you can see my account is from Spain and i got the avatars unlocked on my profile. If you want to have it just keep calling until u speak with a person than want to do his job.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big news (probably), i've done another phone call, this time they've finally decided to send me the email with the link to upload the screenshot(s). I'll probably have to wait another 14 business days for the investigation but it's better than nothing at this point.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is so hit and miss! I feel like they must pull names out of a hat and go "Yep this person can have them" or "Nope. Not this person" cause there is no consistency even within countries. Like maybe I can see different countries (and that's a big maybe) but within the same one? No sense or reason. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Big news (probably), i've done another phone call, this time they've finally decided to send me the email with the link to upload the screenshot(s). I'll probably have to wait another 14 business days for the investigation but it's better than nothing at this point.

Don’t want to jinx it but that’s the same link and they just said after uploading the screenshots that rewards are not available for our region.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I did get in contact again and was told "We have all the information requested but we are still waiting on a confirmation update. I apologize for the wait." It's been two weeks. I mean it is better than what some of you are saying the support team are telling you. It almost gives me hope but its still ridiculous. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

Don’t want to jinx it but that’s the same link and they just said after uploading the screenshots that rewards are not available for our region.

 

Then why we have another Spanish user that got the avatars? Also only one person reported that the support was so incompetent to tell him the promotion is US-only, when it was already proven countless times that it's available in EU. Is there at least ONE Italian user that got the avatars?

 

Somebody please compile a list of all EU users that got the avatars, and their countries.

Edited by Lance_87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://psnprofiles.com/AsasinCreedMilan Belgium

https://psnprofiles.com/Furcifex Portugal

https://psnprofiles.com/Taliak14 Spain

https://psnprofiles.com/David-Senpai95 Italy

https://psnprofiles.com/aytherestherub Austria

https://psnprofiles.com/GaMeVoLt United Kingdom

https://psnprofiles.com/FreeSpark22 United Kingdom

https://psnprofiles.com/MissDreamer United Kingdom (Though it's been changed on their profile)

 

Which proves that agent is full of s**t.

 

I'll edit if I find anyone new.

Edited by Am4z1n9_AZ
Updating List
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to get the Avatars from Playstation UK. 

 

I contacted Ask Playstation UK on twitter who gave me a number to call and after a brief chat the women at the call centre sent me an email for me to reply too with a screenshot of my platinum trophy. She said it would be passed on to another department and after a week I got an email with all 3 codes.

Edited by GaMeVoLt
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lmao?

 

Quote

 

Dear Customer,
 
Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.
 
We are sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the FINAL FANTASY VII: Remake but we are not aware of any avatar rewards for playing the game.  If you saw this advertised on a website can you reply with where you saw it ?
Kind regards,
 
The Square Enix Support Centre team

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

 

Then why we have another Spanish user that got the avatars? Also only one person reported that the support was so incompetent to tell him the promotion is US-only, when it was already proven countless times that it's available in EU. Is there at least ONE Italian user that got the avatars?

 

Somebody please compile a list of all EU users that got the avatars, and their countries.

I know, it comes down to luck.

 

Two agents already told me that rewards are not available, maybe I’ll have luck finding an agent who handed them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just contacted support. After going through my age, the day of the platinum, the day of the crossroads trophy, and the day of some other trophy.... I got told "Thanks for your patience Jackie, I am forwarding your request through to our specialist team to review and send you an email on the outcome ok? you should have a response in two days" 😒

Edited by sealightbreeze
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK well with the fact I was asked had I completed chapter 18? And many other hoops etc during my chat along with this:

 

2 hours ago, GaMeVoLt said:

I was able to get the Avatars from Playstation UK. 

 

I contacted Ask Playstation UK on twitter who gave me a number to call and after a brief chat the women at the call centre sent me an email for me to reply too with a screenshot of my platinum trophy. She said it would be passed on to another department and after a week I got an email with all 3 codes.

 

just proves that the UK have them available and they are being very stingy about giving them out for some reason. Again though as I’ve mentioned in previous posts, I’m not annoyed about not getting the avatars, it’s the principle.  

 

1 hour ago, BlackTorito said:

I know, it comes down to luck.

 

Two agents already told me that rewards are not available, maybe I’ll have luck finding an agent who handed them.

 

Sorry to hear that man, after reading further posts it sounds like regions are not consistent within themselves never mind each other. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.