Get the Pirates DLC in August 2020

LEGOmii

On 04/03/2021 at 3:09 PM, DaivRules said:

No, that’s the only location to obtain the DLC now. 

Just to be sure before I do this, once you have the Korean version of the game and the DLC on your console. Is the DLC accessible from another account (UK) on the same console?

Just now, samsta4000 said:

Just to be sure before I do this, once you have the Korean version of the game and the DLC on your console. Is the DLC accessible from another account (UK) on the same console?

Yes, another other accounts on the same console will be able to access the DLC. 

For example, I bought the LittleBigPlanet 2 Extras Edition from the UK and activated the DLC for it, but my US account was able to access the DLC. 

Just now, DaivRules said:

Yes, another other accounts on the same console will be able to access the DLC. 

For example, I bought the LittleBigPlanet 2 Extras Edition from the UK and activated the DLC for it, but my US account was able to access the DLC. 

Thank you!

I'm in the UK and can't find the extras edition from the store i'm guessing you cant get it anymore?

Has anyone confirmed the Hong Kong DLC doesn't work with a US physical copy?

I know DLC is region locked but I remember downloading the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations DLC from the Hong Kong store as it was free and worked perfectly with my US copy.

Edited by leandrorhcp

5 minutes ago, leandrorhcp said:

I know DLC is region locked but I remember downloading the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations DLC from the Hong Kong store as it was free and worked perfectly with my US copy.

If it did work, someone would have said so a long time ago.

25 minutes ago, leandrorhcp said:

¿Alguien ha confirmado que el DLC de Hong Kong no funciona con una copia física de EE. UU.?

Sé que el DLC está bloqueado por regiones, pero recuerdo haber descargado el DLC Assassin's Creed Brotherhood y Revelations de la tienda de Hong Kong, ya que era gratis y funcionaba perfectamente con mi copia de EE. UU.

No he podido hacer que funcione

Sería una gran noticia, tengo ambos (tengo muchas copias y dlcs pero no se aman)

Google translate:

I have not been able to get it to work It would be great news, I have both (I have many copies and dlcs but they are not loved)

Edited by DaivRules
All posts must be in English

5 hours ago, leandrorhcp said:

Hong Kong PSN has a mix of mutliple regions for their  games. Some are Asia Version, other can be Chinese or Korean, there's even some US releases for games mixed in there.

Due to this you might come across some games that are compatible with DLCs from other regions and some are not. Usually when you browse the store though it will specifically say in the info if it's a certain version.

11 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

1: Ebay is your best bet.

2: It depends on if Singapore is also region 3, else it won't.

I tried for months to get a Singapore copy as at the time (no longer checking as I have gone the Korean account route months ago) the Singapore store had the Pirates dlc. I couldn't even find proof there even was a physical edition of the game from Singapore, or for Hong Kong for that matter. That was why I went the route of checking the psn stores one by one to find who had both the game and dlc to buy digital. The only region I found with both was Korea.

But I must stress; this was months ago now (when I started this thread if you want to see when), so no idea what has since changed.

I tested;

Singapore dlc (free costume) on UK physical game: fail

Singapore dlc (free costume) on Japanese physical copy: fail

UK physical copy without dlc, playing with US player with dlc: fail

Korean digital copy with Korean dlc (Pirates): pass

Korean digital copy with Singapore dlc (free costume): pass

Edit; this was all tested on my "main" UK account

Hope this helps

Edited by LEGOmii

28 minutes ago, PETMAN3000 said:

there are 2 pirates dlcs on the korean store.. both costing 8100원 (South Korean won)

one is a costume pack and the other a sticker pack

i guess the LEVEL PACK got delisted... (worldwide) :(

Browsing PSDEALS.net (great resource by the way) and serialstation (Also a great resource) It looks like these were the only two options ever available on the store. There is no 'sticker' pack in any other region that ever existed according to serial station. That site lists every dlc for a given game even if it was delisted. I am cross referencing the list on that site with the serial numbers psdeals.net provides when looking on the south korea dlc on LBP. The level kit one is 

https://psdeals.net/kr-store/game/490930/리틀-빅-플래닛-캐리비안의-해적-키트

It's likely a regional wording thing. NA and EU have it listed as level kit while Asia has it as just kit. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, greenkaos1226 said:

Browsing PSDEALS.net (great resource by the way) and serialstation (Also a great resource) It looks like these were the only two options ever available on the store. There is no 'sticker' pack in any other region that ever existed according to serial station. That site lists every dlc for a given game even if it was delisted. I am cross referencing the list on that site with the serial numbers psdeals.net provides when looking on the south korea dlc on LBP. The level kit one is 

https://psdeals.net/kr-store/game/490930/리틀-빅-플래닛-캐리비안의-해적-키트

It's likely a regional wording thing. NA and EU have it listed as level kit while Asia has it as just kit. 

thank you very much.

now i know that i need 2 things:

an asian copy of the game BCAS-20058

a korean psn account.

is it true that i cant just create one myself? and how can i buy the DLC then? 

edit: i just saw that it is on the singapore store as well.

does someone know where i can get an asian copy of the game now :P (BCAS-20058)

singapore store link:

https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/product/HP9000-BCAS20058_00-LBPPIRATESKITPS3?smcid=psapp

korean store link:

https://store.playstation.com/ko-kr/product/HP9000-BCAS20058_00-LBPPIRATESKITPS3?smcid=psapp

Edited by PETMAN3000

5 minutes ago, PETMAN3000 said:

thank you very much.

now i know that i need 2 things:

an asian copy of the game BCAS-20058

a korean psn account.

is it true that i cant just create one myself? and how can i buy the DLC then? 

I actually would recommend an Indonesia psn account instead. It’s a hidden gem. Generally their stores are cheaper than my region (US) on sales. But most importantly they have access to Asia region games as they are grouped into that category. I just verified on my Indonesian account that the pirates level kit is available that route. That one is MUCH easier to make an account. Plus the language of the store is English so way easier for searching. You can buy currency cards for the store too for purchases. They use RP.  The pirates dlc is 66,000 RP which is about $4.59 but You need to factor in the inflation of buying currency cards so it comes out to about $8. You can get a RELIABLE indo psn card from play Asia 100,000 RP for $11.99. I use them for my cards. Helps get my AS region stacks. Haven’t started any yet but they are there haha. 

I’ll also supplement by saying the detail of the game on the Indonesia store matches the Asia disc you provided/ its disc only in their store too but just so you’re aware. The two sites I mentioned are life savers when region hunting for hard to find games and dlc! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, greenkaos1226 said:

I actually would recommend an Indonesia psn account instead. It’s a hidden gem. Generally their stores are cheaper than my region (US) on sales. But most importantly they have access to Asia region games as they are grouped into that category. I just verified on my Indonesian account that the pirates level kit is available that route. That one is MUCH easier to make an account. Plus the language of the store is English so way easier for searching. You can buy currency cards for the store too for purchases. They use RP.  The pirates dlc is 66,000 RP which is about $4.59 but You need to factor in the inflation of buying currency cards so it comes out to about $8. You can get a RELIABLE indo psn card from play Asia 100,000 RP for $11.99. I use them for my cards. Helps get my AS region stacks. Haven’t started any yet but they are there haha. 

wow ! dude, thank you.

where can i get the asian game ?

Just now, PETMAN3000 said:

wow ! dude, thank you.

where can i get the asian game 1f635.png

That will be your difficulty. Hunting eBay and other sites is my best suggestion. I would say play Asia but as many have mentioned it’s likely going to stay sold out because the game is old. I just browsed eBay and no listing are up for region 3 and none have been sold in 2-3 months. That would be where they come up. You could always resort to messaging recent earners of the trophies from Asia  region trophies and asking to buy their game copy when they finish? Total long shot but hey.

wish I had better news but it seems we solved one problem and created another. It’s the same issue I have with operation flashpoint one of the games dlc is delisted for every region but Asia and no Asia copies exist online right now. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Is the Pirates DLC (and Muppets while we are at it) accessible from the start of the game? Meaning i can do everything else on my own region copy then switch over to Korean Digi to clean up pirates DLC? Assuming saves wont be compatible

1 hour ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Is the Pirates DLC (and Muppets while we are at it) accessible from the start of the game? Meaning i can do everything else on my own region copy then switch over to Korean Digi to clean up pirates DLC? Assuming saves wont be compatible

I think you need to clear the first world to access it, along with online and your moon etc. But once you have access to the full game then yes you can do it then.

I think there are also online related trophies too, for water levels. So until the servers are back up you can't 100% it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LEGOmii said:

I think you need to clear the first world to access it, along with online and your moon etc. But once you have access to the full game then yes you can do it then.

I think there are also online related trophies too, for water levels. So until the servers are back up you can't 100% it.

This^

You have to progress the story until you're given option to access the online stuff, then the DLCs become available via a sub-menu on the world map. Also note there are some online trophies related to the Create mode which are currently unobtainable until the servers are back to 100%.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, danteff7 said:

Sorry if this has been answered.

I have found the dlc on the Singapore PSN. If I set up a Singapore account, will I be able to use this dlc with a Japanese version of the game?

Nope, the region codes are different (Japan is Region 2 and Singapore is Region 3) so you will need a copy of the game from South East Asia for the DLC to work.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Nope, the region codes are different (Japan is Region 2 and Singapore is Region 3) so you will need a copy of the game from South East Asia for the DLC to work.

Right I figured when I went to the play asia store and there were two different versions. Thanks for the info. I wish they would stop creating licensed dlc that eventually runs out. 

Edited by danteff7