Get the Pirates DLC in August 2020

LEGOmii

On 3/12/2021 at 7:47 PM, greenkaos1226 said:

I actually would recommend an Indonesia psn account instead. It’s a hidden gem. Generally their stores are cheaper than my region (US) on sales. But most importantly they have access to Asia region games as they are grouped into that category. I just verified on my Indonesian account that the pirates level kit is available that route. That one is MUCH easier to make an account. Plus the language of the store is English so way easier for searching. You can buy currency cards for the store too for purchases. They use RP.  The pirates dlc is 66,000 RP which is about $4.59 but You need to factor in the inflation of buying currency cards so it comes out to about $8. You can get a RELIABLE indo psn card from play Asia 100,000 RP for $11.99. I use them for my cards. Helps get my AS region stacks. Haven’t started any yet but they are there haha. 

I’ll also supplement by saying the detail of the game on the Indonesia store matches the Asia disc you provided/ its disc only in their store too but just so you’re aware. The two sites I mentioned are life savers when region hunting for hard to find games and dlc! 

Ok so let me get this straight..

1. Create a Indonesian account (which I don't know how to do, I have been looking for YouTube tutorials but they're all using a PS4. I only have a PS3)

2. Go to play-asia.com to buy the PSN Card 100000 IDR | Playstation Network Indonesia. 

And that's it? 

Edit: Oh and do they have the Muppets DLC for LBP2? And other DLC's that you need to 100% the trophies?

Edited by The_Mighty_Ducks

9 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Ok so let me get this straight..

1. Create a Indonesian account (which I don't know how to do, I have been looking for YouTube tutorials but they're all using a PS4. I only have a PS3)

2. Go to play-asia.com to buy the PSN Card 100000 IDR | Playstation Network Indonesia. 

And that's it? 

Edit: Oh and do they have the Muppets DLC for LBP2? And other DLC's that you need to 100% the trophies?

Create the account on mobile/web it is WAY easier and faster. 

no that’s not it because you’ll need a region 3 copy of the game in order to use that DLC. Basically a Korean or Chinese copy will work. That’s the struggle is finding the game for that region. The muppets dlc is a similar situation, you need to find lbp2 in region 3 which basically no copies are around anymore. 

I listed my solution because technically it CAN work, if you have the proper game. Most stores the dlcs have been delisted for a while with LBP. The metal gear solid, and pirates for lbp1 and muppets for lbp2 seem to be the hardest ones to come by. The DC comics pack is in most stores still. There’s also a move pack and cross controller pack. DC and cross controller are in the region one store and you can get the move pack dlc ON DISC with the region one special edition. 

but again. The only way if you have no DLC right now to complete this game 100% is to buy multiple copies from different regions. You’ll need a region 3 copy for lbp1 dlc’s. You’ll need a a region 1 physical SPECIAL EDITION copy of lbp2 and buy region 1 cross controller and DC packs from the store. AND a region 3 lbp2 copy and the muppets dlc from the indo store.

keep in mind the region 3 copies of both of these games are extremely hard to find and many people from this site will be hunting for them too. I’m not trying to discourage you but you’ll need to be very dedicated to get the 100% starting fresh now. 

12 hours ago, danteff7 said:

Sorry if this has been answered.

I have found the dlc on the Singapore PSN. If I set up a Singapore account, will I be able to use this dlc with a Japanese version of the game?

Also the Japanese servers were shut down several years ago so you can't get any online trophies with that version of the game.

Edited by LEGOmii
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Egginrules said:

Does anyone know if this website is legit? Seems a bit strange that they have it in stock

Reading the description on the site seems it was copied from Best Buy. Likely the site bought codes from them before Sony pulled the plug on selling digital codes a while back for stores. I would buy it to test it. But if my theory is correct, they may only have a code or two at most. I do not want to take one from someone who may need it. I grabbed the dlc years ago. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, greenkaos1226 said:

but again. The only way if you have no DLC right now to complete this game 100% is to buy multiple copies from different regions. You’ll need a region 3 copy for lbp1 dlc’s. You’ll need a a region 1 physical SPECIAL EDITION copy of lbp2 and buy region 1 cross controller and DC packs from the store. AND a region 3 lbp2 copy and the muppets dlc from the indo store.

It seems to be impossible to buy the Muppets level kit on the South East Asians PS stores (tried Malaysia and Indonesia, same results), it says unable to purchase because I do not own the Rowlf Costume and that same costume came with the level kit, very strange. Last ditch effort to try to get this dlc before store closes. Its the only piece of DLC with trophies im missing. Looks im shit out of luck.

1 hour ago, Godwulf_MTL said:

It seems to be impossible to buy the Muppets level kit on the South East Asians PS stores (tried Malaysia and Indonesia, same results), it says unable to purchase because I do not own the Rowlf Costume and that same costume came with the level kit, very strange. Last ditch effort to try to get this dlc before store closes. Its the only piece of DLC with trophies im missing. Looks im shit out of luck.

That’s very odd. It must be a console bug because it was function when the old web store worked. But obviously now only the console store is there :( I have a Korean account as well, I can attempt to see if it’s possible there? You have a region 3 copy of lbp2?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, greenkaos1226 said:

That’s very odd. It must be a console bug because it was function when the old web store worked. But obviously now only the console store is there :( I have a Korean account as well, I can attempt to see if it’s possible there? You have a region 3 copy of lbp2?

It does this both on the console and the website, might have something to do with the old version of the website gone. No i dont have a region 3 copy of the game, I will only buy one if I can get my hands on the DLC somehow.

1 minute ago, Godwulf_MTL said:

It does this both on the console and the website, might have something to do with the old version of the website gone. No i dont have a region 3 copy of the game, I will only buy one if I can get my hands on the DLC somehow.

No copies exist in the wild right now. Since I first commented on this thread and the muppets one on LBP2 I’ve been keeping an eye on multiple stores so I can post when one is there. None have even been sold on eBay and play Asia is sold out. So getting the dlc is great and all, but the game is a MUCH harder problem lol. I have the same issue with operation flashpoint red river. Region 3 dlc but no copy of the region 3 game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, greenkaos1226 said:

No copies exist in the wild right now. Since I first commented on this thread and the muppets one on LBP2 I’ve been keeping an eye on multiple stores so I can post when one is there. None have even been sold on eBay and play Asia is sold out. So getting the dlc is great and all, but the game is a MUCH harder problem lol. I have the same issue with operation flashpoint red river. Region 3 dlc but no copy of the region 3 game. 

That doesnt bode well, might be time to give up. Thanks for the help.

5 minutes ago, Godwulf_MTL said:

That doesnt bode well, might be time to give up. Thanks for the help.

Don’t give up! There’s threads on the muppets dlc that suggest you may be able to get the trophies with someone who has the DLC. Worth a read if anything. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, greenkaos1226 said:

Don’t give up! There’s threads on the muppets dlc that suggest you may be able to get the trophies with someone who has the DLC. Worth a read if anything. 

Saw that too, but finding someone willing to do this wont be easy.

21 minutes ago, Godwulf_MTL said:

Saw that too, but finding someone willing to do this wont be easy.

While that may be true, still wouldn’t hurt to attempt making a session? 

also update! I went into the Korean store on console and found that LBP 1 is AVAILABLE digital. 34,200 Won is the price and the name is completely in Korean so you’ll need to do some navigating to find it. Both the dlc packs are also in the store. You’ll need about 52,000 won to be safe to get everything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greenkaos1226 said:

Isn’t there also a reply in that thread which states it doesn’t work, though?

1 hour ago, greenkaos1226 said:

That has been tried, tested and debunked - it doesn't work at all. It may have worked many years ago but has long since been patched.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Just now, HuntingFever said:

That has been tried, tested and debunked - it doesn't work at all.

I see the recent replies now. Clearly yes the method will not work. I haven’t monitored those threads to see the updates. I’ve had the dlc for a while before the delisting. I’m just trying to help others find ways to get to it. Honestly there’s no point in looking for lbp2 Asia dlc right now because there’s literally not been a single copy anywhere in online shops for a very long time. 

42 minutes ago, greenkaos1226 said:

I see the recent replies now. Clearly yes the method will not work. I haven’t monitored those threads to see the updates. I’ve had the dlc for a while before the delisting. I’m just trying to help others find ways to get to it. Honestly there’s no point in looking for lbp2 Asia dlc right now because there’s literally not been a single copy anywhere in online shops for a very long time. 

I'm pretty sure playing with someone who owns the DLC works for the Muppets pack. I don't own the DLC and I unlocked half of the trophies while playing with a friend back in early 2019.

From what I understand it only works with the muppets DLC and doesn't work for the others. @greenkaos1226 If you own the Muppets DLC I'd be willing to test it out with you when the servers are working again as I still need the trophy for completing all the levels

Think it's already been mentioned but the Extras Edition of LBP2 should have the Muppets DLC. I just looked on Amazon (link below) and the product description does state it has the Muppets DLC;

What’s In The Extras Edition?
• LittleBigPlanet™ 2 Cross-Controller Pack – combine your PS Vita and your PS3™ for a sack-tastic new way to play. Your PS Vita becomes its own controller allowing you to see special gaming action on its unique touchscreen with a huge variety of new levels to explore. Also giving you the ability to create your own cross-control games.
• Multiplayer mode means you can also play with up to three of your friends, with one player using PS Vita and up to 3 players using wireless controllers on PS3.
• PlayStation®Move Pack.
• 6 Costume Packs: Cats, Dogs, Weekend Pursuits, Deep Sea Adventures, Summer Sports and The Muppets Costume Pack 1.
• The Muppets Premium Level Kit.

Link;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LittleBigPlanet-2-Extras-Edition-PS3/dp/B008DS55XS/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2TSJS7REKI87B&dchild=1&keywords=littlebigplanet+2&qid=1618049124&sprefix=littleb%2Caps%2C361&sr=8-2

3 minutes ago, LEGOmii said:

Think it's already been mentioned but the Extras Edition of LBP2 should have the Muppets DLC. I just looked on Amazon (link below) and the product description does state it has the Muppets DLC;

Yeah, it does / did. The issue is that the DLC has to be redeemed via download code, and the codes have mostly expired meaning you’re SOL

• Like 1

Just now, BGriff1986 said:

Yeah, it does / did. The issue is that the DLC has to be redeemed via download code, and the codes have mostly expired meaning you’re SOL

Ahhhh ok, was not aware. I bought the game and DLC on the Singapore site a while back just for the Muppets DLC because I didn't know the extras ed could have had it, otherwise I would have tried that method first and so probably have hit this issue then!