Do you try to keep the games you buy?

Dreakon139

Game Ownership  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Do you try and keep the games you buy?

• Yeah, I try to keep everything I buy. Like a collection!
    • No, I tend to trade in/sell games once I'm done with them.
    • Not applicable, I rent 90% of my games.

i have kept all but 2 of my 35-odd ps3 games = bionic commando (may you burn in the hottest part of video game hell) and fifa 10.

i am a video game cheapskate, and prefer to wait until a game i want hits the sub £17 mark before i buy, unless there are exceptional circumstances, like my wife foots the bill or it is Dark Souls,...or both. :)

I think, however, i should try to start to rent games soon.

re-sell value is very poor these days.

i have some games that i know i will likely not play anytime soon, and should really try and maybe trade with other gamers for them. note to self...

i have some games that i know i will likely not play anytime soon, and should really try and maybe trade with other gamers for them. note to self...

As I mentioned earlier, I'd rather keep a game I will no longer play/replay; than to be given a obscene $1.00 credit at Game Crazy so they can turn around and resell it for $20 or more.

• Like 2

As I mentioned earlier, I'd rather keep a game I will no longer play/replay; than to be given a obscene $1.00 credit at Game Crazy so they can turn around and resell it for $20 or more.

I may yet try and maybe swap the ones I am not too hot on or know I will NEVER get to play with other gamers...is there like a sell/trade section on this here website?...

I can already imagine not bothering to play my GOTY version of Oblivion, and maybe my new/sealed copy of Mod Nation Racers. I also have a new/sealed copy of RDR Undead Nightmare, and would let go of that one because I am expecting to receive the RDR GOTY any day now.

Somebody likes video games...

lol omg how much money do you reckon you have spent there? You must have every game under the sun lol.

lucky you have a large room to

No. Don't have EVERY game under the sun. There is only 759 PS2 games in the library. There are quite a bit more out there to get. I haven't started building the gaming shelving (or even unpacked the 1000+ PSOne games yet but I just finished the DVD shelving in the living room. They are 8 foot long by 90" tall.

095.jpg

As for money spent...I've probably dropped about $40k on games, systems, controllers, strat guides, etc.

• Like 1

No. Don't have EVERY game under the sun. There is only 759 PS2 games in the library. There are quite a bit more out there to get. I haven't started building the gaming shelving (or even unpacked the 1000+ PSOne games yet but I just finished the DVD shelving in the living room. They are 8 foot long by 90" tall.

095.jpg

As for money spent...I've probably dropped about $40k on games, systems, controllers, strat guides, etc.

If adoption isn't an option, willing to be a Foster Parent would be ok too! :awesome:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I either rent it or sell it once I am done. The way I see it, there are so many great games that there is no point in keeping something you'll never play again. Sell it and buy something else to play!

I am 100% opposite. I actually replay games, just like most people (including myself) re-read a good book or re-watch a good movie. Sometimes I just get an itch that needs to be scratched.

I am 100% opposite. I actually replay games, just like most people (including myself) re-read a good book or re-watch a good movie. Sometimes I just get an itch that needs to be scratched.

Same here.

Besides, if I pay say $60 for a game, trade it in for a measly $20 (if you are lucky) and purchase another $60 game, you have just lost $40 on the original game and spend another $40 on the new game. You are not saving $20, as the actual overall cost of the new game is $80 (the $40 you lost on the original and the $40 for the new game).

You think the video game stores haven't already figured this out.

I try to keep everything I can, to add to a collection, but also because trading stuff in doesn't get you much credit :/

The only things I've traded in were some Gameboy and Gameboy Advance games/system to get a PSP, then later PSP and games to get some credit towards a PS3. I've also traded in Guitar Hero 1 and 2 and the controllers because I was so sick of it and wanted to get it out of my life haha. Lastly, I traded in Resistance Fall of Man after a few short hours of playing. God I hated that game so much, completely overhyped. I also need to get around to trading Resistance 2 in. It's tainting my collection.

I try to perform a balancing act with this. I enjoy having a collection and usually have between 50-60 games, but I also love getting new games on release. I'll take advantage of 50% trade in bonus offerings (60 with my GS card) with games I know I won't play anymore to build up credit to get the must haves that are becoming more numerous as time goes on. This does come with the risk of what I've coined "Trader's Remorse" and I have certainly re-bought several titles over the years.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually use to sell my game, but I do like to have most games I have platinums for on my shelf. Since when I sold these games when they were like new, or even sometimes returning them within the week I bought them, I actually don't lose too much selling it and then buying it again.