What level are you?

Ducktardy

I'm at level 92 at the moment, with 40k XP from some challenges, saved for days I don't want to grind.

I know they boosted XP and there is a new faster way to farm XP: 

YET, I honestly don't understand how this is a HUGE Grind like people say. You can level up in half an hour, so people should take 1h per level before the patch. This is nothing compared to games like Tetris Effect or Super Bomberman R ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

I'm at level 92 at the moment, with 40k XP from some challenges, saved for days I don't want to grind.

YET, I honestly don't understand how this is a HUGE Grind like people say. You can level up in half an hour, so people should take 1h per level before the patch. This is nothing compared to games like Tetris Effect or Super Bomberman R ?

Before the latest patch the fastest way to level up was to get 150xp per 40 seconds. Over 100 hours doing the same tedious thing.

Its alot better now because the grind is about 5 times as fast. Still a boring grind tho.

Dont count your chickens yet tho being level 92 because the grind gets really slow in the 90s.

They have also added alot of easy combo challenges worth 5k each and a couple of very easy multiplater ones worth 8k each

Edited by dannyswfc9
Dannyswfc being a dumbass

1 hour ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Before the latest patch the fastest way to level up was to get 150xp per 40 minutes. Over 100 hours doing the same tedious thing.

Its alot better now because the grind is about 5 times as fast. Still a boring grind tho.

Dont count your chickens yet tho being level 92 because the grind gets really slow in the 90s.

They have also added alot of easy combo challenges worth 5k each and a couple of very easy multiplater ones worth 8k each

How could it be 150 per 40 minutes? I remember trying that level used for Macro, I did it manually and it was 150Xp under a minute. Or maybe you wanted to say "seconds" instead of "minutes" :) No changes have been made since patch for this method.

What I'm not sure and never tested before was this method I mentioned in the video, in session mode: making 1m combo + final score. Even if it would give you 100Xp per round, every 30 seconds, I honestly don't think it's a huge grind like a lot of people were saying. Same goes for the "Mall Gap" being one of the hardests, but it took like 15min. I'm not saying that's "easy" or "not a grindy game" with this, on the contrary. I was simply expecting something tougher and more boring. At least this is really nothing, comparing with other games I have to platinum (like Stupid Bomberman R).

About challenges being added is false.

They added new challenges, but none of them gives you XP, only cash. The only challenges I have that grants me XP are the same challenges I left before the patch: Platinum Scores and Speedrun challenges. None of these challenges aren't worthy anymore, I mean, get 5 Platinum Scores to get 2 or 5k when I can get that under half minute to 4 minutes respectively? :D 

59 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

How could it be 150 per 40 minutes? I remember trying that level used for Macro, I did it manually and it was 150Xp under a minute. Or maybe you wanted to say "seconds" instead of "minutes" :) No changes have been made since patch for this method.

What I'm not sure and never tested before was this method I mentioned in the video, in session mode: making 1m combo + final score. Even if it would give you 100Xp per round, every 30 seconds, I honestly don't think it's a huge grind like a lot of people were saying. Same goes for the "Mall Gap" being one of the hardests, but it took like 15min. I'm not saying that's "easy" or "not a grindy game" with this, on the contrary. I was simply expecting something tougher and more boring. At least this is really nothing, comparing with other games I have to platinum (like Stupid Bomberman R).

About challenges being added is false.

They added new challenges, but none of them gives you XP, only cash. The only challenges I have that grants me XP are the same challenges I left before the patch: Platinum Scores and Speedrun challenges. None of these challenges aren't worthy anymore, I mean, get 5 Platinum Scores to get 2 or 5k when I can get that under half minute to 4 minutes respectively? :D 

Sorry i ment seconds. No idea y i put minutes lol.

I never tried using the above method but if people are using macro to do this grind it must have been bad. Its all opinions but i imo 100 plus hours just for grind is bad.

About the challenges that were newly added. Im not wrong i did them yesterday. The forbidden connectors give 5k each and getting a 40x multipliyer and getting a certain amount of combos in multiplayer give 8k each. 

Its set out strange. Sometimes it says just xp but if you press x it shows all rewards including xp

Edit. From the new challenges i mentioned above theres over 100k that can be done in around an hour but a couple of the forbidden connectors are tricky

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Sorry i ment seconds. No idea y i put minutes lol.

I never tried using the above method but if people are using macro to do this grind it must have been bad. Its all opinions but i imo 100 plus hours just for grind is bad.

About the challenges that were newly added. Im not wrong i did them yesterday. The forbidden connectors give 5k each and getting a 40x multipliyer and getting a certain amount of combos in multiplayer give 8k each. 

Its set out strange. Sometimes it says just xp but if you press x it shows all rewards including xp

Edit. From the new challenges i mentioned above theres over 100k that can be done in around an hour but a couple of the forbidden connectors are tricky

You're absolutely right! Didn't notice those challenges give extra XP. Usually its rewards show up in the cover, these are only mentioned in the description.

Grabbed 40K free XP in 30 minutes with the ones I felt more comfortable. The later ones are better doing the usual grinding for 5k XP. I'm almost at level 95 thanks to this :)

About the Grinding: I understand that creators think that their online multiplayer is going to be a Blast, so they make those insane numbers of requests. TH is fun nonetheless, it wouldn't be much problem if people wanted to rush the platinum. Games like TR (2013) where you have to earn thousands XP with a dead online community or one million blocks destroyed in Super Bomberman - gosh, they really think their game is a Masterpiece and people will play only that game for Years and get that trophy naturally -_-

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 1

I'm up to level 78. I'm still working through completing the solo tours and skater challenges with all skaters, and I believe I'm at 10/24 completed right now. I've been alternating that with grinding to hopefully level up faster. I finish a skater's challenges and solo tour, then I do the grind until I level up, then I pick a new skater, and repeat.

I've done a few of the forbidden connectors and combo challenges, and I think I'm going to pepper more of them in to help break up the monotony and to get some bonus XP.

On 11/22/2020 at 10:49 PM, TurtlePM said:

You're absolutely right! Didn't notice those challenges give extra XP. Usually its rewards show up in the cover, these are only mentioned in the description.

Grabbed 40K free XP in 30 minutes with the ones I felt more comfortable. The later ones are better doing the usual grinding for 5k XP. I'm almost at level 95 thanks to this :)

No probs dude. The layout is very confusing. What i did was look through all the challenges and see which ones seem fairly quick and easy to do and worth at least 5k. Get them done and then concentrate on the grind. Im curently at level 93. We can do this lol

• Like 3

I'm at level 80 with 12/24 solo tours done (and almost done with number 13).

12 hours ago, JohnlMatrix said:

Nothing against a good old grind but I don't get the design choice in this case. Why didn't they reward the fun multiplayer with a little more xp per match/win?

I haven't played any of the MP other than some local games to get the trophies, but I agree that this is a missed opportunity. I've watched a few Twitch streams of it and it seems like a lot of fun so you'd think they'd give you a better reward to incentivize it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 22.11.2020 at 6:39 PM, TurtlePM said:

YET, I honestly don't understand how this is a HUGE Grind like people say. You can level up in half an hour, so people should take 1h per level before the patch. This is nothing compared to games like Tetris Effect or Super Bomberman R 1f612.png

Just to give you some times. First plat for me (Syco2oo5) at release took ~130h with all other trophys besides level 100 were done a week before level 100. Did the plat again on this new account this year. After 30h i was done (ingame time see exophase, the leaderboard time for me could go down to a day X hours, with finetuning maybe under 1 day. Didn't planed anything or tried to speedrun, just played it. The updates made the old grind a complete joke. If they had nothing changed the plat were still under 400-500 or even lower completition because the grind was a stupid shtshow

• 2 weeks later...

66. Only 5 hard get theres to go. School 2 and Banana Bandana done. The hardest one left is Venice. I'm looking forward to getting these hard get theres done so I can just work on 100%ing all the skaters all old school like to get to level 100 and the platinum.

1 hour ago, simpjkee said:

66. Only 5 hard get theres to go. School 2 and Banana Bandana done. The hardest one left is Venice. I'm looking forward to getting these hard get theres done so I can just work on 100%ing all the skaters all old school like to get to level 100 and the platinum.

Nice work! I personally thought Bullring was the hardest in the game (by far), so hopefully you won't have too hard of a time with Venice.

I got to level 100 last week, and I haven't played the game since. I think I might pick it up again eventually, but for now I'm taking a break.

• Like 1