How do cheaters get spotted?

Stedde

Before I started using this site for many years ago, I did not know the concept "Cheaters in Trophy Hunting. Now when I now know about I cannot understand it. ?

I am curious, how do the cheaters get spotted? And how do they cheat? I read somewhere about hacking? How is that possible?

Cheater Removal Team, are they the ones on the look out for cheaters?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stedde said:

Before I started using this site for many years ago, I did not know the concept "Cheaters in Trophy Hunting. Now when I now know about I cannot understand it. 1f600.png

I am curious, how do the cheaters get spotted? And how do they cheat? I read somewhere about hacking? How is that possible?

Cheater Removal Team, are they the ones on the look out for cheaters?

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/46472-when-is-someone-removed-from-the-leaderboards/

Members here look at the profiles of other members. If people have trophies that unlock out of a natural order, they can Report the suspected cheated game by using the Report link. The Cheater Removers will review the reports and apply flags to Reports that they deem correct. The Cheater Removers also have tools that helps them scan profiles for cheated trophies. Also, the site has some coding built in that detects cheating.

There are several pinned threads you can read through here for more information:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/5239-flagged-game-disputes/

We don't allow the discussion of how to cheat trophies here. You'll need to use Google and other sites for more details on that.

• Like 2

Often time the fastest achievers are looked at quite often, or just a game that's hard. People then check their profile to see if they cheated anything, and can report them, but not flag them. The Cheater Removal Team, or CRT for short, are the ones who decide if someone is flagged. Reasons vary, and the CRT is not foolproof, which is why disputes exist.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Breach & Clear's Reaper trophy pains me, the only glitched trophy in my profile.  It also paints cheaters, like the single PSNP member who currently possesses it.

I just noticed the general PlayStation completion percentage for this unachievable trophy is 45.0%.  Almost half of the game's owners cheated???

Thank you PSNP community and especially the CRT for all the work you do to keep our statistics clean!

Edited by pogo_loco

3 hours ago, LastRideII said:

I really think that doesn't even exist. A "software" that can detected CFW consoles.

It does exist. This forum has it built in and is why you sometimes see the message "This profile has been removed and cannot be tracked" when looking at certain profiles.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, LastRideII said:

I really think that doesn't even exist. A "software" that can detected CFW consoles.

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

It does exist. This forum has it built in and is why you sometimes see the message "This profile has been removed and cannot be tracked" when looking at certain profiles.

On Sony's side, it definitely exists software that can detect if the firmware used in a console is the original or a custom one, all types of information about your console is sent through PSN if you're connected to it. It may not always lead to Sony actually doing any action against users with cfw because, well, it's million of consoles connected on their network and not always so easy to catch on the 'action' nor it would be worth the effort to hunt all of them down. That said, CFW can get your console banned really fast depending which actions you perform on it.

On PSNP side: I know there are at least 2 ways the software detects CFW Trophy timestamp manipulation: 1st method is by having Future timestamps, when PSNP scans any profile that timestamps from the future (say, someone upload their profile today and it has a trophy earned in 2025) it removes that entire profile on the spot because future timestamps are not possible through normal circumstances. 2nd method is PSNP autodetection of very fast completion times in games that are not known to have such possibilities. Say, if a game that the fastest time to platinum is 12 Hours and someone shows up with a Platinum time of 5 minutes, the system is going to detect that as cheating/CFW and flag you (It doesn't remove your profile though, I believe).

There also some software that MMDE and rest of CRT created for spotting more complicated cheating patterns but I have no idea how it works, I just know it helps them waste less time searching manually for cheated trophy lists.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

2nd method is PSNP autodetection of very fast completion times in games that are not known to have such possibilities. Say, if a game that the fastest time to platinum is 12 Hours and someone shows up with a Platinum time of 5 minutes, the system is going to detect that as cheating/CFW and flag you (It doesn't remove your profile though, I believe).

Well, that brilliant sofware doesn't work here: *removed*

Auto pop trophies in the same order as the original list. Long ass trophies as Mad Skillz, Everybody Dies and Civilian Casualties in just seconds...

That's why I don't believe in that software. Probably works in the 1st method you said, for manipulation the timestamp, but in the other case, nope. If someone auto pop trophies on PS3, he need a CFW...

Edited by Stevieboy
name and shame

15 minutes ago, LastRideII said:

Well, that brilliant sofware doesn't work here: *removed*

Auto pop trophies in the same order as the original list. Long ass trophies as Mad Skillz, Everybody Dies and Civilian Casualties in just seconds...

That's why I don't believe in that software. Probably works in the 1st method you said, for manipulation the timestamp, but in the other case, nope. If someone auto pop trophies on PS3, he need a CFW...

You don't need CFW to auto pop trophies. Save files can auto pop every trophy in a game. Multiple games auto pop trophies legit by cloud transfer. 

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1