Online Shut Down 10/31/2020

DEI2EK

Well, I decided to try and get this done before the shutdown too. I'm on my way to getting the scrap I need with plenty of time to spare, and I'm pretty sure I'm not currently glitched on locations, and that cargo door opened fine for me. Even so, reading through all of this does make me very paranoid! As soon as I know a game is notorious for being buggy/tempermental, I find myself a lot more paranoid about how I play it.

3 minutes ago, MrManiacB said:

Well, I decided to try and get this done before the shutdown too. I'm on my way to getting the scrap I need with plenty of time to spare, and I'm pretty sure I'm not currently glitched on locations, and that cargo door opened fine for me. Even so, reading through all of this does make me very paranoid! As soon as I know a game is notorious for being buggy/tempermental, I find myself a lot more paranoid about how I play it.

Honestly you should be fine, most of the bugs seem to have been patched out, as long as you don’t die while the saving icon is in the upper right you shouldn’t run into any issues

• Like 1

Do i have to earn the trophy “Up to the task” before the servers shutting down, or can i just get these 2 challenges done and work on the rest of the challenges later? Like after the shutdown is it possible to get the platinum when I’ve already completed these 2 online challenges?

(Sorry For Bad English) 

22 minutes ago, Remix_MCKL_1989 said:

Do i have to earn the trophy “Up to the task” before the servers shutting down, or can i just get these 2 challenges done and work on the rest of the challenges later? Like after the shutdown is it possible to get the platinum when I’ve already completed these 2 online challenges?

(Sorry For Bad English) 

It would be best if you do get the trophy before the shutdown, else you run the risk of being locked out of it if you hit any game breaking glitches that force you to start over from scratch.

• Like 1

Managed to finish the Dividend challenge during this week. It was pretty simple. Build 3 scrap crews and carried on playing the game normally every night during the week. Accumulated 2000 very easily no issues.

Now onto the Platinum. I'm somewhere in the middle of Act 3, doing jobs for Pink Eye and on my way to Gas Town. Before I started this game, I did uninstall the whole game from my PS4 and re-install from scrap from the PS Plus library and patched up to 1.06. Hopefully I don't run into any glitches, but to far so good. Even managed to get the scrap in Pink Eye's territory where the container would glitch, but did not experience the glitch.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

If you have earned the “A Penny Saved” and “Dividend” challenges, you have completed the online challenges. To verify, those should be listed under the challenges you have completed. 

Congrats! 

Yeah I have those completed on my backup save. Now just waiting to complete the 2000 scrap challenge on my regular file I'm doing everything on. After that just gotta be careful nothing glitches on me. Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, carter12008 said:

welp seems game does glitch. had 1992 in scrap for the dividend challenge and this morning when i loaded it up to finish the challenge off and back the save it went down to 1392. ugh

If you back out of the game instantly after receiving the scrap instead of letting it autosave, then all that scrap will be lost. Happened to me a few times.

Edited by CrimsonMercury

15 minutes ago, CrimsonMercury said:

If you back out of the game instantly after receiving the scrap instead of letting it autosave, then all that scrap will be lost. Happened to me a few times.

ill hafta give it a try. i figured using the pause menu and hitting go to main menu would have been good. Have to run around for a bit. thanks for tip glad i have time to get it registered.

1 minute ago, carter12008 said:

ill hafta give it a try. i figured using the pause menu and hitting go to main menu would have been good. Have to run around for a bit. thanks for tip glad i have time to get it registered.

what you should do is just enter your car and have it leave your stronghold then fast travel back to the stronghold then all your scrap should register and you should be good

Well the scavenging location glitch happened to me there 20 mins ago, I had just completed my 98th location and ended up falling of the edge of a cliff just as it was saving, and yup as everyone has recalled the so called "190/191" or as for me it said 98 scavenging locations completed in stats but In legends tab it said 61...soo 5+13+18+61=97 so yeah I got the glitch and I checked how far I had to go back and well... 20 Hours I have to go back 60 scavenging locations behind now cause I died. So if theres anything someone can take from this it's that when you finish any location. WAIT FOR THE SAVE I CON IN TOP RIGHT TO FINISH. And you should be good, also be super careful near cliffs. Thanks!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Frostezin said:

have I to play the campaign to get it?

Yes, you have to reach Chapter 2 - before the Scrap Crews become available but you will need to unlock all of the Scrap Crews if you want to stand a chance of getting the 2 related challenges done before the servers close on Halloween.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Yes, you have to reach Chapter 2 - before the Scrap Crews become available but you will need to unlock all of the Scrap Crews if you want to stand a chance of getting the 2 related challenges done before the servers close on Halloween.

and how long it takes to unlock scrap crews? thanks in advance

Is it possible to still get the plat by the shutdown even if I don't rush things too much? (and if no glitches accur that is) Would love to know if I can experience the game in a somewhat average pace or not? Thankful for answers

Edited by Nastrondir

9 minutes ago, Nastrondir said:

Is it possible to still get the plat by the shutdown even if I don't rush things too much? (and if no glitches accur that is) Would love to know if I can experience the game in a somewhat average pace or not? Thankful for answers

If you start playing within the next 48-72hrs, you can still play at a somewhat relaxed pace but if leave it any longer than Tuesday or Wednesday to start playing, you will have no option but to rush through it if you want to guarantee getting the Plat.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Nastrondir said:

If you play through the story missions until the point where you open pink eye's and friar's strong hold and set up 4 scrap crews, yes.

Ignore all the side stuff and get 4 crews up and gathering scrap.  Once the 500 and 2000 challenges are done, you can do the rest at your own pace

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nastrondir said:

yeah this is pretty doable, i myself havent rushed that much as i am loving just experiencing the game, BUT for some things you might have to rush. example, i say get the campaign out of the way pretty quick, its not that good, and also you need to unlock all territories which can take a while, you need these for all camps, scavenging areas etc. but no for the most part enjoy the game at a steady pace, and please if youre a new player, LOOK UP GUIDES/VIDEOS just look up a load, or go on the mad max guide and nevermind reinstalling the game for earlier patch you dont nned to do that. so in all. enjoy the game at your own pace put try get the important things like getting all the locations 100%ed and also get the scrap crews madeas you'll then have to leave the game idle for almost a week but once thats done make some saves and youre good!!

Edited by uduc2late

2 minutes ago, uduc2late said:

yeah this is pretty doable, i myself havent rushed that much as i am loving just experiencing the game, BUT for some things you might have to rush. example, i say get the campaign out of the way pretty quick, its not that good, and also you need to unlock all territories which can take a while, you need these for all camps, scavenging areas etc. but no for the most part enjoy the game at a steady pace, and please if youre a new player, LOOK UP GUIDES/VIDEOS just look up a load, or go on the mad max guide and nevermind reinstalling the game for earlier patch you dont nned to do that. so in all. enjoy the game at your own pace put try get the important things like getting all the locations 100%ed and also get the scrap crews madeas you'll then have to leave the game idle for almost a week but once thats done make some saves and youre good!

Thanks for all replies everyone! Had plans on doing a little "rp playthrough" as i've seen people suggesting that makes the game better, scaveging for supplies and what not and just try to survive the Wasteland. Do you guys know like a day or something you would definetly say "Now you have to get started on the Scrap crew collecting", like by the next weekend or something. Would just like to know how much time i got to just enjoy it without having to think about the trophies. Hope I make sense lol

1 minute ago, Nastrondir said:

Thanks for all replies everyone! Had plans on doing a little "rp playthrough" as i've seen people suggesting that makes the game better, scaveging for supplies and what not and just try to survive the Wasteland. Do you guys know like a day or something you would definetly say "Now you have to get started on the Scrap crew collecting", like by the next weekend or something. Would just like to know how much time i got to just enjoy it without having to think about the trophies. Hope I make sense lol

This Wednesday is the absolute latest you can start and still get the trophy, else you won't have anywhere near enough time to get it done before the servers close on Oct 31st.