Online Shut Down 10/31/2020

DEI2EK

Also, to help out people a bit more, you can earn extra scrap towards that scrap crew challenge while being on the game too. It also seems to be time related, but I'm not sure if it gives as much scrap as not being on the game does. I was playing for 3 hours, I let it autosave, quit the game and instantly loaded it up again. It gave me 56 scrap towards Dividend (2000 scrap crew challenge). I played for another 40mins and did the same, that time it gave me an extra 28. Today I played for about 6 hours. I got my scrap when I first got on the game, and then after when I got off (and immediately back on again) I got another 88. It's not an awful lot, but for being on the game for a little less than 10 hours earnt me about 172 scrap towards Dividend. By the time you've finished the game and all other challenges, you'd have saved yourself at least an extra day or two of waiting. I suppose this'll be more important for those doing this closer the the end of the month

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Riszcky said:

Also, to help out people a bit more, you can earn extra scrap towards that scrap crew challenge while being on the game too. It also seems to be time related, but I'm not sure if it gives as much scrap as not being on the game does. I was playing for 3 hours, I let it autosave, quit the game and instantly loaded it up again. It gave me 56 scrap towards Dividend (2000 scrap crew challenge). I played for another 40mins and did the same, that time it gave me an extra 28. Today I played for about 6 hours. I got my scrap when I first got on the game, and then after when I got off (and immediately back on again) I got another 88. It's not an awful lot, but for being on the game for a little less than 10 hours earnt me about 172 scrap towards Dividend. By the time you've finished the game and all other challenges, you'd have saved yourself at least an extra day or two of waiting. I suppose this'll be more important for those doing this closer the the end of the month

Yeah I noticed that myself when I quit the game and reloaded, it immediately awarded me around 50 scrap. 

Anyway, I wouldn't suggest anyone currently playing the game really needs to worry about how quick or fast the scrap comes for Dividend. After unlocking the scrap crew for all 3 areas, I think I accumulated 2000 scrap in like 5 days. So as you say, this will probably be a more vital tactic for anyone ballsy enough to start it a week before the server closure haha.

• Like 2

I think it's important to note in this thread that there are actually 4 scrap crews, since I keep seeing people incorrectly saying it's three. Deep Friah has one too, though I'm not sure it's required to actually go to his stronghold? Either way it's another source of scrap for anyone who needs it really badly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

I think it's important to note in this thread that there are actually 4 scrap crews, since I keep seeing people incorrectly saying it's three. Deep Friah has one too, though I'm not sure it's required to actually go to his stronghold? Either way it's another source of scrap for anyone who needs it really badly.

It's a good idea to go to Deep Friah's Stronghold that way people can see the Scrap Crew item location on the map, fortunately it's just one but it's well-guarded so caution is advised.

I went to Derp Friah's stronghold right after getting to Pink Eyes' stronghold, so there are no restrictions to go to the former. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Isamu_Kanashii said:

I left the game for two days, came back last night and didn't get any scrap, I only need 200 more. What's going on?

Looks like it’s a PSN issue. I didn’t receive any scrap and when I checked my Trophy List, it asked me to sign a Sony Agreement policy first. Basically, the same thing you always accept when there’s an update, only this time there appears to be no update. 
I’m hopeful that will fix the issue. 

44 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Looks like it’s a PSN issue. I didn’t receive any scrap and when I checked my Trophy List, it asked me to sign a Sony Agreement policy first. Basically, the same thing you always accept when there’s an update, only this time there appears to be no update. 
I’m hopeful that will fix the issue. 

Yes, this is why many people may not receive scrap initially when getting on the game. Otherwise it’s just an internet connection issue. 

20 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Yes, this is why many people may not receive scrap initially when getting on the game. Otherwise it’s just an internet connection issue. 

i remember one night when i unlocked scrap gathering during offline. a power outage happened and i lost a possible 60 scrap if the game went off normally. hopefully they didn't shutdown the gathering early (still have 24 days).

Edited by kingdrake2

I'm starting this game today and reading through everything, I think I have the hang of it. Just one quick question. I know the scavenging locations are marked on the map with the yellow hand symbols. Right at the beginning of the game, Chum asks you to find a wire for his buggy. This is where they teach you how to fight and shoot your gun. I remember there being a yellow icon in the camp where you find the wire. Was this one of the scavenging locations needed? I'm assuming not but now I'm wondering since it did look yellow and I'm now driving to the graveyard and I'm still at 0/5. Did the game's very first scavenging location glitch on me or was that not one of them?

17 minutes ago, Paul_Cesar said:
I'm starting this game today and reading through everything, I think I have the hang of it. Just one quick question. I know the scavenging locations are marked on the map with the yellow hand symbols. Right at the beginning of the game, Chum asks you to find a wire for his buggy. This is where they teach you how to fight and shoot your gun. I remember there being a yellow icon in the camp where you find the wire. Was this one of the scavenging locations needed? I'm assuming not but now I'm wondering since it did look yellow and I'm now driving to the graveyard and I'm still at 0/5. Did the game's very first scavenging location glitch on me or was that not one of them?

You need to find the wires in the actual camp (the ship/boat) you are at when you start the mission, they are all next to Chum :-) 

Just got the first Scrap Crew on Jeet's base. I'm thinking not to make any more progress in this glitchy game to not f*ck up anything. Just login daily, check the scrap collected and trigger an autosave. How much time should it take to get the 500 + 2000 scraps with just one crew?

PD: The fact that the online component is just a small part of a much bigger trophy + that precise trophy can get glitchy is making me to hate this platinum. It shouldn't have online requirements in the first place...

Edited by BEAST_IHMOTEP

33 minutes ago, BEAST_IHMOTEP said:

Just got the first Scrap Crew on Jeet's base. I'm thinking not to make any more progress in this glitchy game to not f*ck up anything. Just login daily, check the scrap collected and trigger an autosave. How much time should it take to get the 500 + 2000 scraps with just one crew?

PD: The fact that the online component is just a small part of a much bigger trophy + that precise trophy can get glitchy is making me to hate this platinum. It shouldn't have online requirements in the first place...

I’d recommend to keep playing and get the Gutgash scrap screw going too. It’s not that much farther in the story and you’ll earn twice as much. Took me roughly a week to get A Penny Saved and Dividend, but I had three Scrap Crews running...

I’m close to 70 hours in and nearing platinum. Keep at it! I had lots of fun with it and didn’t encounter any glitches. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BEAST_IHMOTEP said:

The game really isnt that glitchy, just gotta watch fir the 190/191 glitch if you die while autosaving.

Only glitch I've run into is occasionally a car I'm in combat with will randomly despawn

• Like 2

On 23/09/2020 at 8:29 PM, Darkwaxer said:

How long did it take you? Also, is the order you recommend doing things in?

Just a couple of days of grinding. Its the collectibles that take the most time. I'd recommend leaving a couple of bits not finished in each area to make sure you're not looking for cars to spawn for ages for your challenges. one helpful tip. there's a couple of challenges that require the spiky hedgehog cars to be destroyed, to make this easier, there's a small garage where they always spawn in the dunes area, saving a hell of a lot of time over looking for them.

the challenge for destroying 2 vehicles with one of the archangel's is made much easier by starting its death match. blowing up the middle car so it takes a couple out then press the exit vehicle button which will fail the race but give you quick access to rinse and repeat an otherwise really boring and long challenge

• Like 1

Just saw I had this game in my library (since it was free with PS plus a while ago) and apparently my dumb sister got a trophy for it as we sometimes gameshare, so it's in my list.

Would it be possible for me to get the platinum if I'd start playing this game from today? I don't know how long it'll take me to get those trophies that are going to become unobtainable since I have to start the game from scratch. If it's not possible I'll have to hide that 1 pathetic trophy like I did with some other 1% games.

I hate it when I have a game in my list with a platinum that becomes 'unobtainable' (I already have some......)

Edited by its_ArchroniX

11 hours ago, NekoRave said:

I ran into a new glitch where the scarecrows were invisible and can't take damage. 

Thankfully it respawned but I would just be careful if you see a glitched out scarecrow go to any base nearby and see if it comes back if not reload an older save. 

It was one of the heavy scarecrows never had that happen before so I'm glad it respawned thankfully. 

I’ve played through the game so many times before and when I finally started my playthrough on this account I ran into the disappearing scarecrow glitch as well. I thought I was screwed at first. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, its_ArchroniX said:

Just saw I had this game in my library (since it was free with PS plus a while ago) and apparently my dumb sister got a trophy for it as we sometimes gameshare, so it's in my list.

Would it be possible for me to get the platinum if I'd start playing this game from today? I don't know how long it'll take me to get those trophies that are going to become unobtainable since I have to start the game from scratch. If it's not possible I'll have to hide that 1 pathetic trophy like I did with some other 1% games.

I hate it when I have a game in my list with a platinum that becomes 'unobtainable' (I already have some......)

Easily still obtainable, at most it takes a week or so of the game being off to accumulate the scrap needed but you can reach the point to set everything up in about 3-6 hours. Then basically just keep the save with the online done as backup just in case.

• Like 1

Well two weeks of paranoia and anxiety are over, the Mad Max platinum is mine! 

By the time I finished playing I had an absolute abundance of scrap accumulated by scrap crews, so I think even people who are starting this week or next should still have plenty of time to get the job done!

Good luck to everyone still tackling this bitch!

• Like 3

I've noticed if you complete everything, you'll earn more scrap after the story and territories are at 0 threat. For 24 hours, I'd get 400-600 scrap, but after completing absolutely everything and waiting for scrap crews, I got 880 for 12 hours, and on my second account I got 1612 scrap for around 24 hours waiting. If it gets close to the end of the month, those people still going at it should finish everything asap and let their scrap crew sit there. They'll get easily 1500 in 24+hours. Only 3 weeks left as of today

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeathSquidGames said:

Anyone know if it is possible to complete the two online challenges without popping a trophy? Debating on if I want this, but don’t want to be locked out of doing it later if so.

AFAIK, there are unavoidable story related trophies you will unlock before completing either challenge.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1