God of War: Ragnarök (November 9, 2022)

Ghost

The hype surrounding this game finally roped me in! I hadn’t played GoW (2018) yet, and I definitely want to finish this before Ragnarok is coming out. Two weeks should be enough if I focus a bit, hopefully. I did the same with Horizon Zero Dawn, finishing it a few days before Forbidden West came out. I guess I’m better at finishing long story games when there’s a sequel around the corner. :)

Everything I’ve seen about Ragnarok is breathtaking. 

Not that reviews on aggregate sites are the be-all end-all but I would expect a 90+ on Metacritic for sure. The doubt surrounding this seems to have completely evaporated and even then it was only a braindead contingent on the internet saying that it “LoOkS LiKe dLc”. Hopefully my copies come a day earlier as they often do, it is for sure my most hyped game since Final Fantasy VIIRemake

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 3

LG C2 is ready.

3PrhsmZ.jpg ?

Graphically, the game is just astonishing. Across the first five hours, we were blown away by the leap in visual quality here, and just how well the game performs. Ragnarok offers a few different visual settings, with a performance mode, and a resolution mode. Each of these modes can also be improved with a high frame rate mode, should you have a monitor or TV that supports it.

Thankfully we do, so we got to experience just how much of a game-changer that high frame rate mode is. On performance mode with high frame rate enabled, we were able to play the game consistently between 80-90 frames per second, providing an incredibly smooth experience, and contributing to the sense that this game really is a technical leap from its original.

Resolution mode is, obviously, stunning, but really the only thing you lose with our combo of performance and high frame rate are a few of the tiniest details.

God of War Ragnarok makes a wonderful impression from the very beginning then. There are literally more iconic moments in this game’s first 60 minutes than most games get in their entire runtime, and really deserve to be experienced on the biggest screen you can possibly find.

Video Games Chronicle

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, chickenbaltipie said:

Can not wait to play this game, was never a huge GoW fan until the 2018 game came out.  That game was fantastic

Dude God Of War game series is DOPE.

If you ever get the chance play every single one of them.

They are all MASTERPIECE 

• Like 2

where are the "where's the new content" people? or the "looks like DLC" people? I don't see any apologies, if you're one of those people, you have the bigest gaming L of 2022

the game looks like a dream, so much new content, the story seems huge, this is how you do a game, this is how you do a story, watch and learn other developers

• Like 3

During a spoiler-free discussion between IGN’s Podcast Beyond crew regarding the upcoming God of War Ragnarok, it was revealed that a 100% completion run in the first playthrough can take well over 50 hours of playtime.

One of the IGN editors is around 70 hours into God of War Ragnarok and is doing a 100% completion run. This is well above the average 100% completion time for the its 2018 predecessor, as per playtime stats. It’s likely that there is more side content in the sequel, or that the world map is larger, with more areas to explore.

TwistedVoxel

Edited by Ghost

I'm a believer of no such thing as a too long story if it's quality content, if they artificially increase the main story length by adding forced side content then that's a problem, but if the main story is 100% quality content, it can be 50 hours, 100 hours, I don't care, as long as a game gives me a range of 8-12 hours of quality content, I'm good paying full price for it, anything above that is a bonus

8 hours ago, The Investigator said:

I'm a believer of no such thing as a too long story if it's quality content, if they artificially increase the main story length by adding forced side content then that's a problem, but if the main story is 100% quality content, it can be 50 hours, 100 hours, I don't care, as long as a game gives me a range of 8-12 hours of quality content, I'm good paying full price for it, anything above that is a bonus

Absolutely no doubt about that. I want a game that is 200 hours long in all of its content pre-DLCs. The main quest, side quests, exploration, mini-games maybe even if they fit into the narrative, the scenery, collectibles, hard fights, etc. So long as every element makes sense to the game and every element ties back into the game as a whole, I will gladly take having longer games, even if I got to pay extra for it. If I put 20 hours into a $60 game, that's $3/hour. That is a great way to spend time and money, for me. Anything more than that is exceptional. However, what I dislike is when I got to bash my head (metaphorically) against a wall to finish the game because it became drawn out and dry. Some games do ruin themselves by being too long because they don't give quality things to do and playtime.