royal rumble glitch

CriticalPwner

• 4 months later...

Still happening, just wasted over an hour on this. In my last run after several rope glitches, I finally made it to the very last opponent, just to be tossed out easily by him, even though my meter in the minigame was way smaller than his, yet he filled it before I even reached half (with his health being about half, and my almost being full). Absolute garbage game.

Edited by Infernopommes
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Infernopommes said:

Still happening, just wasted over an hour on this. In my last run after several rope glitches, I finally made it to the very last opponent, just to be tossed out easily by him, even though my meter in the minigame was way smaller than his, yet he filled it before I even reached half (with his health being about half, and my almost being full). Absolute garbage game.

That’s not a glitch.  That is just the CPU being quicker on the mini-game.  The glitch is if you or the opponent magically transport though the ropes (never happened for me).

Maybe I got lucky but I found the Royal Rumble easy as you could load up the regenerate health power-up and let the others beat up each other.

The toughest part is the campaign Wrestlemania events.  The mini-game in the Cage against Ember Moon really goes as you described.  Seems like cheap AI but not a glitch per se.

• Like 2

Just now, djb5f said:

That’s not a glitch.  That is just the CPU being quicker on the mini-game. 

English is not my first language, so maybe I worded it wrong.

I did several runs, that all ended with me glitching through the rope.

Then I did a run where I didn't glitch through the rope and got to the last opponent.

With me having almost full health, the opponent should not fill his larger meter faster than me, even if I would be slow at it (which I am not). Not saying this is part of the rope glitch, but it's just garbage.

Maybe I got lucky but I found the Royal Rumble easy as you could load up the regenerate health power-up and let the others beat up each other.

I have the Feel the Heal fully upgraded (the reason why I had almost full health at the end). They almost never face each other though and mostly gang up on me. They also almost always auto-reverse grapple attacks, which makes it just more frustrating.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Infernopommes said:

Then I did a run where I didn't glitch through the rope and got to the last opponent.

With me having almost full health, the opponent should not fill his larger meter faster than me, even if I would be slow at it (which I am not). Not saying this is part of the rope glitch, but it's just garbage.

I have the Feel the Heal fully upgraded (the reason why I had almost full health at the end). They almost never face each other though and mostly gang up on me. They also almost always auto-reverse grapple attacks, which makes it just more frustrating.

I think you stated it correctly, I just mis-read. I somehow missed that you experienced rope glitches before that other run.

Have you gotten to the Wrestlemania part of the campaign?  The Undertaker is no joke and Ember Moon cheats on the Steel Cage mini-game like you describe!  It was to the point I wondered if my L2/R2 were broken.

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

I'm about 35 matches in, with maybe 5-10 side matches done. Had trouble on the first Daniel Bryan fight as well as the Cesaro fight for the FtH power up. Got eventually lucky with Bryan, where the Ram would glitch out in a good way, ramming him over and over again after he got up, so I just waited a while and eventually got in for the pin. Cesaro is the biggest auto-reverser I've encountered so far, he literally reversed every single grapple attempt. He even blocked striking attacks after I activated the power up for unblockable attacks, absolute garbage. After lots of tries, I won via countout. Not looking forward to the rest of the campaign, neither for doing the Rumble again. We'll see.

I’ve got this done on the my second try 

My advice would be try using big body character a powerhouse Or someone 

the undertaker
Big show

brock lesnar

hulk hogan

ultimate warrior 

so on and just Try counter and using unblockables attack use taunt to build momentum 

the is a wwe game like most of them Since smackdown and svr series has exploits just like aj styles tower in 2k19 this can be done with less stress if you manipulate the AI 

Also got all trophies in this in about 4 Hours 20 mins 

• Like 1

Of course it can be done, but no matter of skill can help you when you glitch through the ropes. It took me six runs for the royal rumble, four of those came to an end due to the rope glitch.

1 hour ago, RaTeD-R-BeBoP-_o said:

Also got all trophies in this in about 4 Hours 20 mins

I'm curious how you did it so fast. Did you win your matches by countout or submission (except cage and royal rumble obviously)? Did you play the game on another account to learn the controls first?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Infernopommes said:

Of course it can be done, but no matter of skill can help you when you glitch through the ropes. It took me six runs for the royal rumble, four of those came to an end due to the rope glitch.

I'm curious how you did it so fast. Did you win your matches by countout or submission (except cage and royal rumble obviously)? Did you play the game on another account to learn the controls first?

I mostly went for the count out method 

Depends on how the AI is the match 

for example pause the go the reset and you will see a difference pattern how the cpu plays each time that the AI manipulation method I was talking about

sometimes it will either run or leave the ring or just stay there and do nothing so I just go in for the kill and make it an easy win

I also remapped the buttons L2 and R2 to different button like X and O 

no didn’t play the game before first the playing through PlayStation now

i still DJFFNY and SVR 06-11 games at least 2 times a week so that might of help lol

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
2 minutes ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

Another trick I discovered is to create your own custom character and don't level them up. They will be added to the roster and even participate in the royal rumble. I made 14 of these characters and they are really easy to beat up. You can make up to 20 of them.

Glorious. :D Hey @OpenScars, include that in the guide please.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 3:52 PM, CriticalPwner said:

is there any way to finish a royal rumble match without glitching out of the ring and loose? happend 5 times in a row now not even 2k20 didnt had those game breaking bugs

This happened to me after I was in the number one spot in King Of the Battlegrounds, I ended up losing after I was in the final three and eliminated one of the players. The person who was still in the ring punched me 3 times and I just glitched out of the ring. 2K needs to get there shit together man. Once I get my trophies I am done with this game.

On 2/3/2021 at 7:26 PM, Infernopommes said:

The glitching through the ropes is what always happens to me, I completely understand you there, this keeps on happening while I'm trying to get the 30 Man Royal Rumble Trophy and it sucks! 

On 09/07/2021 at 7:53 PM, JiII-Valentine-- said:

Have you guys tried the female royal rumble? I only had the rope glitch happen to me once and I played it a lot. I used Nikki Bella and kept kicking the opponent then backing away and kicking again while not completing the combo. Another trick I discovered is to create your own custom character and don't level them up. They will be added to the roster and even participate in the royal rumble. I made 14 of these characters and they are really easy to beat up. You can make up to 20 of them.

Hey. Just to clarify, you created multiple Wrestlers and they all appeared in the Story Royal Rumble and were easy to beat?? Genius!
Just want to confirm 100%. :D

22 hours ago, OpenScars said:

Hey. Just to clarify, you created multiple Wrestlers and they all appeared in the Story Royal Rumble and were easy to beat?? Genius!
Just want to confirm 100%. :D

Not for story mode. That tip was directed more at the 30 man Royal Rumble. If you're having trouble with the Royal Rumble in the campaign mode. You should try levelling up your health regeneration power up to level 3. It's disgustingly good.

Edited by JiII-Valentine--
  • Like 1

On 20/07/2021 at 7:27 PM, JiII-Valentine-- said:

Not for story mode. That tip was directed more at the 30 man Royal Rumble. If you're having trouble with the Royal Rumble in the campaign mode. You should try levelling up your health regeneration power up to level 3. It's disgustingly good.

Sorry, I meant to say that I wrote the guide! That's an awesome tip. I'll update tomorrow with your quote if that's ok? :)