Plat is about 8/10 difficulty - Linked Trophy Guide

7 hours ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Certainly it may be easier in Rush Hours, especially in the very last section of Tawna's gameplay.

In the end I only used it on The Crate Escape - the last section was much easier in N.Verted mode.

Food Run was fairly easy for me and I got it rather quickly in standard mode.

Rush Hour is by far my least favourite level in the game and I couldn't stand playing it in 1.5x slo-mo speed so I did it in standard as well.

7 hours ago, HusKy said:

In the end I only used it on The Crate Escape - the last section was much easier in N.Verted mode.

Food Run was fairly easy for me and I got it rather quickly in standard mode.

Rush Hour is by far my least favourite level in the game and I couldn't stand playing it in 1.5x slo-mo speed so I did it in standard as well.

Yep, for me Rush Hours is one of the worst levels in the entire game, mainly as I don't like playing as new characters, especially as Cortex - and there are two new characters in that level with no Crash gameplay...

The last level I need to do, is Seeing Double. The last time I will play as Cortex...!!!

Additionally I need to do Flashback Tape #20, it's horrible and I can't even reach a checkpoint there. I thought those Flashback levels won't be so hard...

IMG-20201120-225944.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If somebody put a gun to my head and said "platinum this game", I would reply without a shadow of hesitation: "pull the trigger". The levels are so overblown, gimmicky and for all hells I can't get any sense of depth in this game, which makes precise jumping nearly impossible for me. 10/10 for me from what I've seen, mainly because I'm terrible at this game and I don't really like most of the levels (I grew up on first 2 Bandicoots and their simple, non-gimmicky designs were so satisfying to complete over and over again).

3 minutes ago, NarcissusBaz said:

If somebody put a gun to my head and said "platinum this game", I would reply without a shadow of hesitation: "pull the trigger". The levels are so overblown, gimmicky and for all hells I can't get any sense of depth in this game, which makes precise jumping nearly impossible for me. 10/10 for me from what I've seen, mainly because I'm terrible at this game and I don't really like most of the levels (I grew up on first 2 Bandicoots and their simple, non-gimmicky designs were so satisfying to complete over and over again).

The game gets progressively easier with practice.

About precise jumping, are you using drop shadow? It makes precise jumping a lot easier and over time you don't even think about it.

4 hours ago, NarcissusBaz said:

I kinda have the same feeling ... I really dunno if I can get platinum in this game. So many things are just too much on the difficult ramp ... also I'm really no big fan of those new masks, every time they appear I start hating the next parts of the level. And precise jumping ... oh boy ... I can relate, I'm shortly after the level "Run It Bayou" and that level I really hate, precise jumping at the beginnig, this freaking boat shit and the freaking "bus" ... all things that make the perfect relic pure bullshit ...

Shortly after starting this game on Christmas Day, I came to the realisation that it would not be one that I platinumed. That's fine. I've come to terms with that. Props to those that have done it,

Does seem a bit needlessly and artificially tricky in places for my liking and the amount of collectables does go a tad extreme but I'm still enjoying the game. If these were the prices to pay to get a new Crash Bandicoot game in 2020, then so be it.

wow, plat' in 30 hours, that's incredible. Kudos!

On 29/12/2020 at 11:13 AM, NarcissusBaz said:

I can't get any sense of depth in this game

Same, I really couldn't explain why, but I, along with many others, find the depth perception horrible.

Edited by bosstristan