Plat is about 8/10 difficulty - Linked Trophy Guide

I'm in the same boat and I have an 8 week old baby to deal with too. I'm still collecting all the gems and I'm up to Rush Hour now. I feel like Out For Launch, Stowing Away and one of the other ones in Bermugula's Orbit will be easy to get the N Sane relic as I only died 1-3 times and got all the boxes. 

To be honest, I think I'll aim to get all the gems then have a break from Crash and enjoy the PS5 with some new games before coming back. 

On 9.11.2020 at 6:43 AM, ShadyWARcotix said:

Is the hitbox for the N verted Hidden Gem in Rock Blocked broken or something? I can't get it. I tried it several days and can't get it. I tried different jumps but it doesn't work. 

There shouldn't be a problem with getting this gem.

14 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

The N. Verted one not the normal one. I looked up different videos I know where it is but I can't get it.

Och sorry I missed you asked for a N.Verted one. 

Just keep trying... jump on the box, then immediately jump off while breaking the box and hold the X button to soar under the leaf. 

7 hours ago, thedarkness91 said:

I didn't have any issues getting the N Verted gem - just jump onto the box and try to jump again, hold X and he should reach it. 

I really don't know why but I can't reach that n verted hidden gem.I didn't had any problems with anything in this game. I tried it over 100 times now. I jump on the box hold x but I can't get it. It's becoming annoying right now.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

19 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

I really don't know why but I can't reach that n verted hidden gem.I didn't had any problems with anything in this game. I tried it over 100 times now. I jump on the box hold x but I can't get it. It's becoming annoying right now.

When jumping on the box and hitting it - press X again, to jump higher. Then keep holding X to hover under the leaf.

I've got 32/38 levels completed, and these 6 are ahead:

Rush hour
The crate escape
Nitro processing
Toxic tunnels
Seeing double
Cortex Castle

The hardest bit left to do... I can't even imagine how long this will take me to complete these 6 levels...

Edited by Bykovsky7
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bykovsky7 said:

I've got 32/38 levels completed, and these 6 are ahead:

Rush hour
The crate escape
Nitro processing
Toxic tunnels
Seeing double
Cortex Castle

The hardest bit left to do... I can't even imagine how long this will take me to complete these 6 levels...

Good luck! At least you're doing relics/time trials! I'm only up to Rush Hour for gems but I should be getting a PS5 today so I think Crash will take a backseat for a few months lol.

I haven't been gaming properly for a while but I wanted to get Crash as soon as it came out to relive my childhood and just because I love the little guy. But with this game came the realisation that I no longer have the patience I once did for trophies/games and I've never wanted to bash this little bandicoots face in as much as I do now ? That being said I'm only about 10 gems off normal and N. Verted from having all of them, I might try to get my last 3 flashback tapes too, but the N.Sanely perfect and time trial relics can wait, maybe an eternal wait. Despite wanting to throttle the little mammal during my worst moments of innumerable deaths, I've actually had so much fun with this! c:

Edited by Jennifayrie
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jennifayrie said:

I haven't been gaming properly for a while but I wanted to get Crash as soon as it came out to relive my childhood and just because I love the little guy. But with this game came the realisation that I no longer have the patience I once did for trophies/games and I've never wanted to bash this little bandicoots face in as much as I do now 1f643.png That being said I'm only about 10 gems off normal and N. Verted from having all of them, I might try to get my last 3 flashback tapes too, but the N.Sanely perfect and time trial relics can wait, maybe an eternal wait. Despite wanting to throttle the little mammal during my worst moments of innumerable deaths, I've actually had so much fun with this! c:

Well, it's much harder to 100% compared to previous Crash because of Perfect Relics. 

Also, after a while N. Verted levels feels just like time consuming filler content.

So this Crash requires much more time and patience to 100% (106%) than older Crash.

IMHO, shorter levels and no N. Verted levels would have made the game much more enjoyable to 106% (even with Perfect Relics).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jennifayrie said:

I haven't been gaming properly for a while but I wanted to get Crash as soon as it came out to relive my childhood and just because I love the little guy. But with this game came the realisation that I no longer have the patience I once did for trophies/games and I've never wanted to bash this little bandicoots face in as much as I do now ? That being said I'm only about 10 gems off normal and N. Verted from having all of them, I might try to get my last 3 flashback tapes too, but the N.Sanely perfect and time trial relics can wait, maybe an eternal wait. Despite wanting to throttle the little mammal during my worst moments of innumerable deaths, I've actually had so much fun with this! c:

I agree. The game is ruthlessly unforgiving if you make a mistake but it's also really fun and rewarding. The first playthrough I did was quite tough and I died 15-30x, sometimes a lot more on other levels but going back to them to get all gems, I hardly die. I agree that either shorter levels or no N Sane relics would've been better. I think running shoes would've been better than triple spin as well. 

N Verted levels are enjoyable and I particularly like the fact each dimension has a different artistic style to keep things fresh - I genuinely thought all N Verted levels would be like the first dimension which had me scared as I thought there's no way I can do Cortex Castle if it's pitch black!! 

I'm going level-by-level to get clear gems  inverted gems, NSPR and platinum TTs in that order. Just finished Home Cooking before going to work... that means I'm up to No Dillo Dallying... and then the bear levels... and then eventually the hardest levels... 

Now I get to see if I have what it takes to complete this game. Please wish me luck ??

I've done a purple time trial relic in Rush Hour!!! My first one in the game :D

IMG-20201112-210411.jpg

33/38 so far, but my question is...

Is there any strategy or method for the Crash section in The crate escape? I was trying to do this level yesterday evening but with no success, it's difficult to break all the crates without dying at all...

Edited by Bykovsky7
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bykovsky7 said:

I've done a purple time trial relic in Rush Hour!!! My first one in the game :D

IMG-20201112-210411.jpg

33/38 so far, but my question is...

Is there any strategy or method for the Crash section in The crate escape? I was trying to do this level yesterday evening but with no success, it's difficult to break all the crates without dying at all...

Just practice, it is much easier than it seems. Maybe die on purpose rather than finishing the level to quickly practice more only the last section.

I was also afraid it would have taken me ages, but I managed at my third attempt (after I practiced the last section for a bit). 

Alternatively, you can get the Perfect Relic in the N Verted level, where everything is slowed down. The Sn@xx dimension may be the only one where getting the Perfect Relic in the N Verted levels is actually easier.

• Like 1

On 13.11.2020 at 6:40 PM, nudoetcrudo said:

Just practice, it is much easier than it seems. Maybe die on purpose rather than finishing the level to quickly practice more only the last section.

I was also afraid it would have taken me ages, but I managed at my third attempt (after I practiced the last section for a bit). 

Alternatively, you can get the Perfect Relic in the N Verted level, where everything is slowed down. The Sn@xx dimension may be the only one where getting the Perfect Relic in the N Verted levels is actually easier.

I've done it, the time trial relic wasn't too difficult, but the NSP relic was frustrating...

I'm getting to the end, I've done time trials and NSPs in 35/38 levels.

3 levels more, the worst ones in the entire game...

Toxic Tunnels,

Cortex Castle,

Seeing Double.

3 hours ago, Bykovsky7 said:

I've done it, the time trial relic wasn't too difficult, but the NSP relic was frustrating...

I'm getting to the end, I've done time trials and NSPs in 35/38 levels.

3 levels more, the worst ones in the entire game...

Toxic Tunnels,

Cortex Castle,

Seeing Double.

For me it was the other way around, I found Plat Relic harder than NSP :D 

TT and SD are indeed among the hardest levels (SD because of Cortex gameplay). CC is actually rather easy. 

You'll be done soon!

So last friday I finally completed the game with all gems, all n. verted gems, all platinum flashback tapes and all n. sanely perfect relics. My time then was 52 hours. The n. sanely perfect relics were surely a pain in the ass in some levels. Obviously, the polar bear levels were pretty difficult, however, my worst level was Crash Landed. It took me over 5 hours spanning over several days to get the n. sanely perfect relic in that level! Funnily, I found the toxic tunnels and cortex castle to be okayish. Toxic tunnels was difficult, but only because of that gem vault. As soon as I had that down, the rest of the level was a cakewalk in my opinion.

Then, yesterday, I started with the platinum relics. I had just gotten the triple spin and had to get used to it, as well as to speedrunning the levels in general, and... man, I got really annoyed at first! It took me 3 hours to get the platinum relic in the first level of the game! I was thinking to myself "Maybe I'll not platinum Crash 4 overall... these time trials are just too much for me." Then I got the next 3 platinum relics in around 15min each. :P

Overall though, I think the n.sanely perfect relics are so much nicer than the time trial platinum relics! I just like taking my time... :P

12 hours ago, ShadowStefan said:

So last friday I finally completed the game with all gems, all n. verted gems, all platinum flashback tapes and all n. sanely perfect relics. My time then was 52 hours. The n. sanely perfect relics were surely a pain in the ass in some levels. Obviously, the polar bear levels were pretty difficult, however, my worst level was Crash Landed. It took me over 5 hours spanning over several days to get the n. sanely perfect relic in that level! Funnily, I found the toxic tunnels and cortex castle to be okayish. Toxic tunnels was difficult, but only because of that gem vault. As soon as I had that down, the rest of the level was a cakewalk in my opinion.

Then, yesterday, I started with the platinum relics. I had just gotten the triple spin and had to get used to it, as well as to speedrunning the levels in general, and... man, I got really annoyed at first! It took me 3 hours to get the platinum relic in the first level of the game! I was thinking to myself "Maybe I'll not platinum Crash 4 overall... these time trials are just too much for me." Then I got the next 3 platinum relics in around 15min each. :P

Overall though, I think the n.sanely perfect relics are so much nicer than the time trial platinum relics! I just like taking my time... :P

I prefer time trial relics more - in my opinion, implementing those NSP relics by Toys for Bob was not a good idea... 

I've got 35/38 relics, both time trial and NSP ones, and I rather completed a level in the way: /gems, N.Verted gems, NSP relic, time trial relic/ as it's a better way of remembering a level layout.

Those three are left to do for me:

Toxic Tunnels,

Cortex Castle,

Seeing Double.

What do you think about the NSP relics difficulty in those three above? I think that the Toxic Tunnels level isn't so bad, as you mentioned, but I'm worried about Cortex Castle (I died 139 times in the last section of that level when I was completing the story...), and especially about Seeing Double because I don't like new characters' levels, and especially Cortex levels are the most hated by myself...

Regarding time trials, there is nothing surprising that you were struggling with the very first level, as it's not an easy one and it's rather listed on the top of all 38 levels difficulty list, I would say even in the top 10 ;) The time requirement for the platinum relic is very tailored. 

Edited by Bykovsky7

The Toxic Tunnels level is done... I obtained the NSP relic quite quickly, the gems route section is not as bad as it seems to be. However, the time trial relic... uhhh... I thought I was about to start crying... Eventually, my time was 2 minutes with some milliseconds, nearly on the edge of the gold relic.

36/38 - now Seeing Double and Cortex Castle... I remember once completing the story, I failed 139 times in the last sections of Cortex Castle... 

I hate playing as Cortex (and Dingo and Tawna as well). Toys for Bob should have done separate types of relics in levels with new playable characters' levels, as doing time trials in those levels is pointless. Time trials are Crash features since 1996.

Edited by Bykovsky7

2 hours ago, Bykovsky7 said:

The Toxic Tunnels level is done... I obtained the NSP relic quite quickly, the gems route section is not as bad as it seems to be. However, the time trial relic... uhhh... I thought I was about to start crying... Eventually, my time was 2 minutes with some milliseconds, nearly on the edge of the gold relic.

36/38 - now Seeing Double and Cortex Castle... I remember once completing the story, I failed 139 times in the last sections of Cortex Castle... 

I hate playing as Cortex (and Dingo and Tawna as well). Toys for Bob should have done separate types of relics in levels with new playable characters' levels, as doing time trials in those levels is pointless. Time trials are Crash features since 1996.

During my first playthrough, I died a lot in the last section of Cortex Castle, just like you. But I eventually got the NPR and the TT platinum relic. My advice to you is to practice the last section starting from the cutscene in the middle of the level. Don't hit any checkpoint after that so you can die at the end and try the second half again. It is just a matter of time and it becomes muscle memory. Also, the platinum time for Cortex Castle is very forgiving. Seeing Double, however, is a pain in the ass but I got it in about 3 hours.

Edited by eOhmz

Not that anyone cares, but I'm back with a personal update. About a week ago I finished off all the N.Sane Relics and Time trials! It was hard, definitely harder than the trilogy and CTR, but as someone who's not the best at games, it's obviously doable. YMMV, but it really depends on how much time you want to sink into this. There were some levels like Rock Blocked that took me longer than I care to admit, but it was manageable. My goal was to get it done before PS5 launched and I succeeded!

I'm only missing the N. Verted gems for the platinum, but in comparison, that's a cakewalk. I'll slowly chip away at these between Demon's Souls sessions.

If you're willing to take the time to sit down with this, it's entirely possible and you will get it eventually! The best thing I can say is watch the people who have the developer relics. Theres often one or two sections that have massive shortcuts or tricks that these people use. If you can pull off those small sections, you can be a little bit more relaxed in the rest of your speedrun. 

Best of luck to you all. You can do it!