Plat is about 8/10 difficulty - Linked Trophy Guide

Currently +60 hours and 20/38 N. Sanely Perfect relics, I wish they add N.Sane playmode or something that returns you to start when you die and it doesn't count as death (and won't give you free Aku Aku for too many tries). Tried few time relics so far but I need much more practice for mastering Triple Spin or slide attack, only got one platinum from Home Cookin'. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, niko0oo1_ said:

Currently +60 hours and 20/38 N. Sanely Perfect relics, I wish they add N.Sane playmode or something that returns you to start when you die and it doesn't count as death (and won't give you free Aku Aku for too many tries). 

Yeah, this is a great idea - it's very annoying to have to manually restart every time, especially when you can't do it during the death animation.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RolePlayingPuji said:

As somebody who seems to be very close to completion, what's your take on what's the hardest stages to N.Sanely Perfect? I've only got one more animal riding stage to go before I go back to doing the story.

the riding sections & the last 7 levels, especially toxic tunnels because it takes like 13 minutes to finish it.

Edited by PETMAN3000

19 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

TBH, sitting at 2.07% and steadily rising day after day, now it looks like a solid platformer that requires lots of dedication and practice, but far from the killer that will purge the world from completionism depicted in this thread lol

In other words, it's easier than Super Meat Boy, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Splasher, Super Rude Bear Resurrection, Trackmania Turbo and those other hard as fuck indie titles.

I am currently working my way through the game. My strategy is to fully clear each level without time-trial (all gems, n.sanely perfect relic, n.verted) before moving on to the next level. I also did every platinum flashback tape level directly after unlocking it. :D

Until now, this strategy worked out really well for me, but the N.Sanely Perfect Relic on "No Dillo Dallying" broke me. Was the first level I really started to hate after the what feels like 100th replay. I moved on for now and went back to my former "clear everything" strategy in the snow world, which worked out fine for now.

Overall I'm loving the game. Really good platforming and nice level design!

11 hours ago, PETMAN3000 said:

Crash-Bandicoot-4-It-s-About-Time-202010

last 4 levels left... 2620.png

Congratulations for obtaining the platinum Trophy in Crash Bandicoot 4!

Regarding your screenshot above, I'd like to ask what are requirements for 100% of the game, and what are for 106%?

I thought that requirements for 100% are gems only - so basically to finish the story and obtain all standard gems and all N.Verted Gems.

As 106% requirements, I thought there are 2% for Flashback Relics, 2% for N.Sanely Perfect Relics and 2% for Platinum Time Trial Relics.

On your screenshot above, we can see you'd had 102% with all 38 N.Sanely Perfect Relics and Flashback Relics as well... so is the rest 4% for Time Trials?

Edited by Bykovsky7

Kudos to anyone who plats this.

This is 10 times harder than crash 1. Levels are longer, more gameplay physics and those riding and grinding sections are a real pain.

I new from early on i would beable to plat the other crash games with a bit of practice but not this one. 

I think i would beable to get the plat relics but not the nsane percfect ones.

Plus the loading times when restarting level are a problem

1 hour ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Congratulations for obtaining the platinum Trophy in Crash Bandicoot 4!

Regarding your screenshot above, I'd like to ask what are requirements for 100% of the game, and what are for 106%?

I thought that requirements for 100% are gems only - so basically to finish the story and obtain all standard gems and all N.Verted Gems.

As 106% requirements, I thought there are 2% for Flashback Relics, 2% for N.Sanely Perfect Relics and 2% for Platinum Time Trial Relics.

On your screenshot above, we can see you'd had 102% with all 38 N.Sanely Perfect Relics and Flashback Relics as well... so is the rest 4% for Time Trials?

What I have read, and I know a lot of sites are saying All gems etc, but some players have said they got 100% WITHOUT getting all gems

Basically along the lines of many things contribute to 100%, you can have some of these, all of them and some of those to reach 100%, it seems to be 106% when the % starts to trickle up very slowly

I think its more a case that other trophies require you to get all of these, all of those, all of them so for convenience every1 is just saying generally everything is needed.

Point in saying is you need to collect everything anyway for the other trophies, but for ACTUAL 100% requirements, doesnt matter as it will come with other trophies but im not sure any1 really knows for that. 

Like I say, you will find all sites say all gems are needed for 100%, but if you look around hard enough you will find some players saying they got 100% without all gems so there is a bit of misinformation, conflicting information or whatever you wanna call it. I always have a play with things myself and look around everywhere because of instance like, sure most the time things are spot on and even if not, doesnt really matter, but sometimes it can make a massive difference!! 

I was wondering for a while if you could get 106% by just getting N. Verted gems as them it would remove hours from the timw, but you need to get all normal gemz anyway for a trophy ;(

Edited by Optinooby

It would be good to distinguish requirements for 100% and 106%. It's easier to reach one milestone after another on the road to the platinum trophy.

I wouldn't like to miss the 100% bonus ending because of something... I know there are videos on YouTube, but I'd rather watched it myself.

Much respect to those who have and will obtain the Platinum. ?
I should be in bed...I spent two hours on a time trial, and that was the easy one!

For some reason I thought there was a separate trophy for a single platinum relic, but I had to try at least one anyway.

Fortunately, my OCD is satisfied with the snapshot and time of the real trophy. Dingodile, you're alright.
Fun times...It will be a fond memory.

This game's fatal flaw is Modern Mode and the developers being aware of their expert players.
Levels are designed for infinite lives yet relics rely on epic gamer strats and hax.
When dedicated channels trick out slick moves, it's awesome because only the pros could attempt something so crazy.
When those moves are embedded in the challenge, it's uncomfortable. It's unnatural.
How hard would these time trials be if you could perform funky spins as easily as the classic spin, or didn't need to do that at all?

Basically, th;dc.
Too hard, don't care, I'm slowly going to get the rest of the gems and that's it. Crash 4 is a baby game from here on out.

31 hours for a 50% playthrough is value for money already.
Half-casual (didn't bother with most gems), half-hardcore (all Flashback Tapes collected and done). 
I believe that's the most optimal way to enjoy Crash 4. It was difficult enough just doing that.
I feel like playing the N. Sane trilogy again to see if I'm a god at those games now.

I am really going to appreciate Untitled Goose Game after this.

20 minutes ago, Shuriken_Shiguru said:

Much respect to those who have and will obtain the Platinum. ?
I should be in bed...I spent two hours on a time trial, and that was the easy one!

For some reason I thought there was a separate trophy for a single platinum relic, but I had to try at least one anyway.

Fortunately, my OCD is satisfied with the snapshot and time of the real trophy. Dingodile, you're alright.
Fun times...It will be a fond memory.

This game's fatal flaw is Modern Mode and the developers being aware of their expert players.
Levels are designed for infinite lives yet relics rely on epic gamer strats and hax.
When dedicated channels trick out slick moves, it's awesome because only the pros could attempt something so crazy.
When those moves are embedded in the challenge, it's uncomfortable. It's unnatural.
How hard would these time trials be if you could perform funky spins as easily as the classic spin, or didn't need to do that at all?

Basically, th;dc.
Too hard, don't care, I'm slowly going to get the rest of the gems and that's it. Crash 4 is a baby game from here on out.

31 hours for a 50% playthrough is value for money already.
Half-casual (didn't bother with most gems), half-hardcore (all Flashback Tapes collected and done). 
I believe that's the most optimal way to enjoy Crash 4. It was difficult enough just doing that.
I feel like playing the N. Sane trilogy again to see if I'm a god at those games now.

I am really going to appreciate Untitled Goose Game after this.

I'm still thinking if this game is harder than Crash Team Racing. I never did the Oxide Relics but can you compare an race game with an plattformer?

This is the best you can do. Take what you can and enjoy the game. If it's to frustrating don't stress yourself.

13 minutes ago, HusKy said:

For those using spin-attack strat, did you change keybindings or are you just spamming :circle:, :square:? This combo gives me hand cramps in about 5 minutes.

A lot of people suggested controller mapping: :l1: for spinning and :r1: for sliding. Just test it out and find your own way to play without destroying your hands.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

1 hour ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

I'm still thinking if this game is harder than Crash Team Racing. I never did the Oxide Relics but can you compare an race game with an plattformer?

I definitely reckon Crash 4 would be harder, at least if we're just talking about the Oxide time trials.

Oxide in his time trials tends to make mistakes and can't hold his flame for the entirety of the time. At first he can be hard when you get used to the mechanics, but after learning how to keep flames consistently and learning the drifting, it's pretty doable with practice. 

Where I think Crash 4 can be comparable to CTR is if we get into the Velo and dev times. When it comes to the Velo trials, I found that he generally only makes one crucial mistake in each track but is otherwise perfect, while when it comes to the dev times, you pretty much have to master each track with little to no errors. I do find that the devs, rather than make obvious mistakes like losing the flame like Oxide, they would only take specific shortcuts 2 out of 3 laps in some cases. At least only for a few of the dev times anyway. William P specifically is a god lol. 

Now if Crash 4's platinum relics are to be compared to CTR, I suppose it comes down to if there's leniency with the platinum relic times in three questions:

Can you make any mistakes and still get the platinum relics like Oxide?
Can you make a couple minor mistakes like Velo and still get the relics?
Or do you have to do the levels perfectly to get the relics like with the dev times?

Since I haven't played Crash 4 yet, I can't say if CTR's dev times would be comparable to 4's platinum or dev relics. If the dev times of CTR is how difficult the platinum relics in 4 are, then hoo boy we have ourselves one heck of a challenge. If they're comparable to Velo, then I'd say at the very least while it's hard there'll be some leniency.  

If any person with the Crash 4 plat who's done some of the dev times on the harder tracks in CTR could deduce this, then we have a very good lead to how difficult the platinum relics are with a good comparison.

Purely on the perspective of someone who hasn't played Crash 4 yet, I would make a guess that 4's platinum relics would be comparable to the Velo times since the relics seem pretty hard, but I do think you can make a couple mistakes here and there looking at some YouTube videos. I've seen a couple videos where people accidentally miss a couple time crates but still get even the dev relics.

Once again though, I haven't played it yet, so take what I said with a grain of salt. I hope what I said was somewhat useful though. ?

2 hours ago, ShrubbaTub said:

I definitely reckon Crash 4 would be harder, at least if we're just talking about the Oxide time trials.

Oxide in his time trials tends to make mistakes and can't hold his flame for the entirety of the time. At first he can be hard when you get used to the mechanics, but after learning how to keep flames consistently and learning the drifting, it's pretty doable with practice. 

Where I think Crash 4 can be comparable to CTR is if we get into the Velo and dev times. When it comes to the Velo trials, I found that he generally only makes one crucial mistake in each track but is otherwise perfect, while when it comes to the dev times, you pretty much have to master each track with little to no errors. I do find that the devs, rather than make obvious mistakes like losing the flame like Oxide, they would only take specific shortcuts 2 out of 3 laps in some cases. At least only for a few of the dev times anyway. William P specifically is a god lol. 

Now if Crash 4's platinum relics are to be compared to CTR, I suppose it comes down to if there's leniency with the platinum relic times in three questions:

Can you make any mistakes and still get the platinum relics like Oxide?
Can you make a couple minor mistakes like Velo and still get the relics?
Or do you have to do the levels perfectly to get the relics like with the dev times?

Since I haven't played Crash 4 yet, I can't say if CTR's dev times would be comparable to 4's platinum or dev relics. If the dev times of CTR is how difficult the platinum relics in 4 are, then hoo boy we have ourselves one heck of a challenge. If they're comparable to Velo, then I'd say at the very least while it's hard there'll be some leniency.  

If any person with the Crash 4 plat who's done some of the dev times on the harder tracks in CTR could deduce this, then we have a very good lead to how difficult the platinum relics are with a good comparison.

Purely on the perspective of someone who hasn't played Crash 4 yet, I would make a guess that 4's platinum relics would be comparable to the Velo times since the relics seem pretty hard, but I do think you can make a couple mistakes here and there looking at some YouTube videos. I've seen a couple videos where people accidentally miss a couple time crates but still get even the dev relics.

Once again though, I haven't played it yet, so take what I said with a grain of salt. I hope what I said was somewhat useful though. 1f605.png

I've done all the Dev times in CTR and 30/38 Platinums in Crash 4. It is difficult to compare for me because when the Dev times were released in CTR, the game had already been out for a year and I was at that point able to consistently get times on each track that were several seconds better than the Dev times (the most difficult being Turbo Track impo). 

With that said, if you were to come in to each game blind today, my comparison would be from easiest to hardest:

Easiest

Crash 4 Gold Relics

CTR Oxide Times

Crash 4 Platinum Relics

CTR Velo Times

CTR Dev Times = Crash 4 Dev Times

Hardest

Although for me personally atm I find Crash 4 Platinums harder than Velo Ghosts, and Crash 4 Dev times much harder than CTR Dev times, but that is because I have played CTR a lot more. 

Edited by SkippiesBar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

I'm still thinking if this game is harder than Crash Team Racing. I never did the Oxide Relics but can you compare an race game with an platformer?

Having only played CTR casually, I think it's harder to beat but easier to deal with.
That's based on what I heard about CTR's difficulty.

Crash 4 introduces a lot of new mechanics and throws them in your face,
with masks, wall running, flame boxes, timer boxes, and even different characters.
Plus janky spins for speedruns, which are mandatory for platinum relics.
Special missions jump from so-and-so to Crash or Coco near the end, necessitating familiarity with both playstyles.
It's impossible to backtrack because of one-way sections.
The levels and loading times are long, you have ample opportunity to die and reflect on your regrets.
Every last one of them.

It adds up.

The platinum relic I did was fun because it had none of that.
(Barring the different character, but he didn't get in the way. The level length was just right.)

The good? Levels have a lot of variety. The bad? Levels have too much variety!

In CTR, boost goes brrr haha.
That's a massive oversimplification of course, but you get what I'm getting at.
CTR seems like something you can just focus on and practice without a million hurdles.

Speaking of CTR, I've been thinking that Crash 4 appeals to NTR.
This game is great at creating disappointment without being one.
I must say that's an impressive feat; Ultimately, most mistakes feel like they're on you.
The game can only be blamed so many times. "I should've done better."
It's crushing (and common) to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, yet just as satisfying to "no u" the developers.

On 10/23/2020 at 3:12 AM, SkippiesBar said:

I've done all the Dev times in CTR and 30/38 Platinums in Crash 4. It is difficult to compare for me because when the Dev times were released in CTR, the game had already been out for a year and I was at that point able to consistently get times on each track that were several seconds better than the Dev times (the most difficult being Turbo Track impo). 

With that said, if you were to come in to each game blind today, my comparison would be from easiest to hardest:

Easiest

Crash 4 Gold Relics

CTR Oxide Times

Crash 4 Platinum Relics

CTR Velo Times

CTR Dev Times = Crash 4 Dev Times

Hardest

Although for me personally atm I find Crash 4 Platinums harder than Velo Ghosts, and Crash 4 Dev times much harder than CTR Dev times, but that is because I have played CTR a lot more. 

Congrats on finishing all the dev times in CTR! The mere mention of Turbo Track makes me shudder lol. The one that gave me the most trouble was definitely that, and especially Out of Time, I'm contemplating whether I should touch that track ever again. ? 

So 4's platinum relics are comparable to the difficulty of Velo. This is good info for any others in this thread who've done the Velo times. ?

Toxic Tunnels and Cortex Castle seem to be the hardest, alongside those bear levels since it seems the hit detection is the equivalent of spinning a prize wheel lol. 

Edited by ShrubbaTub