Trophy Thoughts

LordBilbanes

Just now, SecondGenesis said:

Checked it out yesterday, looks awesome. Reminds me of Dead Cells, which I loved. Although this isn't a rouge lite, and has a loot system. 

Is it not a rogue lite? It seems I’ve read a lot of conflicting articles about it.

im a huge fan of pixelated side scrollers, platformers, and the dark souls formula. That being said, the “rogue lite” formula is a major turn off for me.

3 hours ago, NashtyMouse said:

Is it not a rogue lite? It seems I’ve read a lot of conflicting articles about it.

im a huge fan of pixelated side scrollers, platformers, and the dark souls formula. That being said, the “rogue lite” formula is a major turn off for me.

No, it doesn't appear to be

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/foregone-aims-to-be-the-next-brutal-2d-brawler-but-its-not-a-roguelike/

• Like 1

On 6.10.2020 at 10:28 PM, LordBilbanes said:

I only managed eight trophies in Dead Cells, though I was still rusty at gaming when I played it.  Maybe I might do better nao?

This one looks super easy compared to dead cells 

and im even thinking about stacking the dead cells plat soon , have the EU stack done

24 minutes ago, InDebt3Fiddy said:

full potential and skill master bugged or am i missing something , for the acquire all skills trophy ive got all the collectable skill upgrades and no trophy , and the skill master does it need new game plus? only downside to getting a day 1 game is no information

I had the same question before. But don't worry. In new game+ you get an upgrade for every skill once again in the dungeons. After collecting the last of them you get the trophy. And for the second trophy I think you need to max every skill in you skill tree and for that you need quite a bit of skill points

Edited by Wenzeldale

On 10/17/2020 at 1:28 PM, Wenzeldale said:

I had the same question before. But don't worry. In new game+ you get an upgrade for every skill once again in the dungeons. After collecting the last of them you get the trophy. And for the second trophy I think you need to max every skill in you skill tree and for that you need quite a bit of skill points

I’m very confused, I still have these last two trophies left but can’t figure them out. I’m halfway through a run on ng+ and still haven’t run into another catalyst... do you get them at the very end??

7 hours ago, Wenzeldale said:

You don't get any other catalysts on ng+, only skill upgrades which increases the recharge speed and other minor things. They started appearing for me a little later in my second playthorugh

Thank you, they’ve finally started to appear. I just cannot understand how to get the “skill master” trophy though. If catalysts don’t appear in ng+, how do you max out both sides of the skill tree??

25 minutes ago, LordBilbanes said:

How much of a time commitment is the plat?  Also, what do you think of Timespinner?

I would say, it depends on how often you die, but it is really not that difficult. My total playtime was around 20hours, so I guess between 15 to 25 hours is needed for the plat.

Spoiler

The second question is a little bit offtopic, but I think its a pretty solid 2D Metroidvania game and I am enyoing it so far

1 hour ago, Wenzeldale said:

You don't need to max out both sides. Only the one that you have unlocked. But this will still be a lot of grinding

I’ve maxed out the three branches entirely. Do I need to max out each ability as well? Hope my game isn’t bugged.

Edited by NashtyMouse

18 minutes ago, NashtyMouse said:

I’ve maxed out the three branches entirely. Do I need to max out each ability as well? Hope my game isn’t bugged.

Everything possible on the right skilltab: the first 2 abilities to level 5 and then the two catalyst abilities to maximum. All this requires a total of 4050 skill points.
And that for every skill you get (7 in total, so 28350 points)