Gaming Sessions

Rdkehoe

I'm sure it's been asked/suggested before but there really needs to be a way to rate session creators and people who sign up for sessions.  I expected a weekend full of AC: Brotherhood boosting, as I signed up for 3 different sessions from various creators.  Not a single one of these sessions actually went through...either the creator simply did not appear and invite people, or random sign-ups would no-show or bail at the last second.  I love this website as a trophy tracker, so much so that I bought a lifetime membership in the first month or so lol, but these crap boosting sessions where there is no real consequence to screwing people over for trophies or for time is just getting old.  I've been wanting to get these particular multiplayer trophies for a while now, so I passed on a fun trip on my off-weekend just to work on them, only to have wasted hours with nothing to show.  I think people would show up and do their research on correct boost methods if there was a consequence of some sort, or at least if other people could see how many time's you've been down-rated due to no-shows, being uncooperative, etc.  Just my 2 cents!

Technically I'm not getting a "free service" since I paid for a membership, but that's besides the point.  If the same people are creating sessions or joining them and not showing or just being a general jackass throughout the session instead of being productive there should be a system to let people know.  If you don't mind wasting hours of your day staring at the PSN XMB while waiting for people good for you :) I'm sure there are a lot in my boat that would prefer to know what kind of people they are joining or adding before they put in the time and effort. 

Technically I'm not getting a "free service" since I paid for a membership, but that's besides the point.  If the same people are creating sessions or joining them and not showing or just being a general jackass throughout the session instead of being productive there should be a system to let people know.  If you don't mind wasting hours of your day staring at the PSN XMB while waiting for people good for you :) I'm sure there are a lot in my boat that would prefer to know what kind of people they are joining or adding before they put in the time and effort. i

i was not aware that you had to be a premium member to join gaming sessions

Play something else whilst waiting einstein, so you are not staring at your xmb

i organize things better, personally, so i do not get let down, sounds to me though, that you could not organize a piss up in a brewery

Edited by Widow_Warrior

I personally am split on this one, I do agree with Widow that things can pop up in life, I have been a no show myself as you know - I missed a session with you the other week lol.

However I do like the idea of some kind of ratings system because whenever I do sessions you get the same no shows everytime.

It is also nice if people mention to you that they can't make it rather than just not turning up.

I personally am split on this one, I do agree with Widow that things can pop up in life, I have been a no show myself as you know - I missed a session with you the other week lol.

However I do like the idea of some kind of ratings system because whenever I do sessions you get the same no shows everytime.

It is also nice if people mention to you that they can't make it rather than just not turning up.

Yea, it's not really a big deal if someone lets you know, it's just common courtesy as far as I'm concerned.  But you get someone who creates a session, you sign up well in advance, they no-show, noone gets invited...or someone joins and basically trolls the session like what happened last night.  I do see potential for abuse in a system like this too though unfortunately, as we refused to invite the troll after a few games, and what would be to stop him from down-voting us all because we didn't want to play with a troll. 

Edited by Rdkehoe

Forgive me for making a constructive suggestion.  I guess it really is hard to keep ones mouth shut when they have nothing positive or productive to add to a thread.

my first post was constructive, then you come out with the "it's not free" bullshit

yes it is free, you chose to pay so you could receive extra benefits and ultimately, help admin with costs.

ok now for something constructive and positive to add

Use the search function

i would also like to suggest this to you

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/8202-new-forum-members-please-read/

Edited by Widow_Warrior

Sorry to here what happened to you rdkehoe, sadly it does just happen sometimes, I myself was unfortunate enough to have missed 3 sessions today because my net went out last night, I let the creators know on here but it can't always be foreseen. I think you just got very unlucky, but if you add a function like you stated it could have a major downside. Say your Internet went out and you had 4 sessions set up for that day an missed them, that would be a huge amount of negative feedback you would get through no fault of your own an could impact the way others would think before partnering with you for a session just a thought I had when I first joined and thought about a session feedback function.

This is about a session I was leading.

The third guy in the session had something come up, but he wanted to do it again later in the day, maybe in about an hour, which I thought was a generous offer considering that he's a European player and it's well into the evening at the time of the session. Rdkehoe entered the chat, saw what we were talking about, and before we could settle on another time, he gets angry, says "For fucks sakes!" and leaves.

We were going to do it again. I'm flexible, the other guy from Europe was going to be flexible. Rdkehoe, you're the only that didn't try to be flexible. Instead, you jump to conclusions and get angry without finding out the situation.

Sorry to here what happened to you rdkehoe, sadly it does just happen sometimes, I myself was unfortunate enough to have missed 3 sessions today because my net went out last night, I let the creators know on here but it can't always be foreseen. I think you just got very unlucky, but if you add a function like you stated it could have a major downside. Say your Internet went out and you had 4 sessions set up for that day an missed them, that would be a huge amount of negative feedback you would get through no fault of your own an could impact the way others would think before partnering with you for a session just a thought I had when I first joined and thought about a session feedback function.

Yea, and like I also said, if you boot someone from your session that's just being a jackass or a troll, they could go downrate everyone in the session even though they brought it on themselves.  I think if it was something like a + or - where if you had a great session you can all go +1 each other, it would balance out the abuse, but who knows.

This is about a session I was leading.

The third guy in the session had something come up, but he wanted to do it again later in the day, maybe in about an hour, which I thought was a generous offer considering that he's a European player and it's well into the evening at the time of the session. Rdkehoe entered the chat, saw what we were talking about, and before we could settle on another time, he gets angry, says "For fucks sakes!" and leaves.

We were going to do it again. I'm flexible, the other guy from Europe was going to be flexible. Rdkehoe, you're the only that didn't try to be flexible. Instead, you jump to conclusions and get angry without finding out the situation.

This isn't to your session specifically dude, pretty much every session I sign up for ends up being hit or miss.  Maybe I'm just unlucky.  I posted on your session I am available any time after 5PM (atlantic) weekdays, or any time on weekends, as I do with any session.

Right, you had a few unlucky turns, so you pick my session to show your ass. Got it. The guy from Europe at least was kind enough to say "Hey, something just came up, do you mind if I take care of it, I'll be back in about 45-60 minutes". Ok fair enough, I understand real life is more important than gaming sometimes, oh hey, here comes the other guy, let's see if he wants to do this in an hour or we can settle on another day. Oh but wait, he gets mad and leaves before we can settle anything, now I'm short a person. So I tell the guy from Europe, "Hey, the other guy got pretty mad, don't think we can do this, sorry. Check back in a couple days, I'll set up another session." So there's always two sides to a story. I understand it can get frustrating with no shows and assholes, but you left me hanging and looking like an asshole.

I'll setup another session later. Who ever can make it can sign up, I'm just over forum drama.

Edited by damon8r351

Right, you had a few unlucky turns, so you pick my session to show your ass. Got it. The guy from Europe at least was kind enough to say "Hey, something just came up, do you mind if I take care of it, I'll be back in about 45-60 minutes". Ok fair enough, I understand real life is more important than gaming sometimes, oh hey, here comes the other guy, let's see if he wants to do this in an hour or we can settle on another day. Oh but wait, he gets mad and leaves before we can settle anything, now I'm short a person. So I tell the guy from Europe, "Hey, the other guy got pretty mad, don't think we can do this, sorry. Check back in a couple days, I'll set up another session." So there's always two sides to a story. I understand it can get frustrating with no shows and assholes, but you left me hanging and looking like an asshole.

I'll setup another session later. Who ever can make it can sign up.

Yes I handled this one poorly I will admit, I had a bunch of sessions lined up for the weekend and 100% of them fell through, and I shouldn't have let that affect this session. I did post that I am available at other times on the actual session, you can invite me any time as long as I'm not in a session I'll help.

I've had some bad streaks with gaming sessions too man, I feel your pain. The only solution I could think of was creating my own session and activating the manual aproval option. That way I wont let people that didn't showed up on previous sessions join mine. Of course for this you have to keep note of the people that failed on the previous sessions, but is a work needed done.

• 1 month later...

I think that's a solid suggestion. for many reasons that you can all imagine.
It's not that big a deal if a session is cancelled or the player doesn't show up, but it can be really annoying if the person doesn't even notify.

The feedback system wouldn't be really for giving thumbs down to "no show up"s but also for recognizing trolls etc.

The easiest solution is creating your own session.  I've hosted plenty of them when I was working on boosting my multiplayer trophies, and got through just fine.  The important thing to remember is that you can expect half of the people that signed up to simply not show up.  That's why I would always open the session to as many people as possible, and simply indicate that it's first come - first serve on the actual boosting day.  If you show up in the chat-room when I open it, and we still have room, you get in.