'Sleeping Dogs Universe' Sequel Triad Wars in Development

Goro

United Front Games, developer of the wonderful Sleeping Dogs, has confirmed development of some sort of sequel "based in the Sleeping Dogs universe."

The developer addressed rumors of a trademark registration for Triad Wars, which is "something we've wanted to do for ages." Square-Enix will publish the follow up, which we'll learn more about in 2014.

Sleeping Dogs sold nearly 2 million copies, which the publisher quantified as a failure.

Edited by Kifflom

Great news. Very excited to see what direction they'll go with it as I can't really see how they should naturally return to Wei as a main character and I hope they might make a brand new map based in mainland China. I was worried they might not even get a sequel when I heard they thought it was a failure, hopefully this is a sign that they're getting the idea about not aiming to ridiculously high standards.

I remember reading that Tomb Raider with it's 4 million sales was deemed a failure and no one was certain of a sequel in the near future. Square needs to make their exceptions more realistic. Anyway the news of a new sleeping dogs will always make me happy. Jackie-Ma will be missed tho :(.

"A man who never eats pork bun is NEVER a whole man!"

Edited by PaladinBane
  • Like 2

Great news. Very excited to see what direction they'll go with it as I can't really see how they should naturally return to Wei as a main character and I hope they might make a brand new map based in mainland China. I was worried they might not even get a sequel when I heard they thought it was a failure, hopefully this is a sign that they're getting the idea about not aiming to ridiculously high standards.

Square Enix were disappointed with the sales of all their games in the previous 2 years excluding Final Fantasy, their expectations are insanely high

Hopefully the sequel doesn't blow like True Crime: New York City did.

Actually i thought NYC was better than SoLA.

Square Enix is involved. Get ready for a browser/mobile game! :yay:

Probably, Triad Wars just sounds like a mobile game, like Chinatown Wars.

I guess you didn't like fighting a dragon in SoLA? Game was good until that stupid part happened.

No, i actually really enjoyed both of them but if i had to choose a favorite it would be NYC, They were 2 of my favorite games of last gen...it's a shame Activision has them working on COD Map Packs now