PS5 Trophy UI Revealed

PhantomFear94

Someone please tell me they will have these changes on the PS5 and mostly leave the PS3, PS4, and Vita alone.

Otherwise I'm going to have a fucking field day.

Sony wasn't making these stupid dumbass decisions when they were still headquartered in Japan. I definitely noticed a series of lame decisions being made once they decided to move to California.

Censorship on anime games.... trophy level change.... removal of PS3/Vita from the "current" PS Store..... PlayStation App change.... and changing the trophy UI to look more stupid.

Their executive team and their CEO are fucking clowns. Jim Ryan has his head so far up his ass he's no different from the CEO of Activision and EA. They're all shit.

14 hours ago, diskdocx said:

I don't like the look of this, but I'm old and I don't like change. I think it will be easier to adapt once I have my hands on the PS5 and we get to use it. Like anything, it becomes second nature over time but will feel like a big change at first.

You don't need to be over the age of 40 to not like these changes. Plenty of younger people hate them just as much as you do.

• Like 4

New UI is really bloated and shows less info per click. If you want to see the % of each trophy completed you need to click each one individually. On top of that if you want to see hidden ones you have to click on it and instead of hitting square you need to hit options which brings up a menu with only 1 choice and that is to see the hidden trophy. Not sure why they felt that making things bigger and displaying less info and adding more button presses was a good idea.

• Like 2

So I finally got my PS5 yesterday and experienced the new trophy UI for myself. I'm sure I'll get used to it in time, but my first impression is that the PS4 UI is a lot easier to navigate and more informative. On the PS4, you are looking at a list of all trophies. The trophy name, trophy requirement, unlocked date, rarity, percentage, everything is displayed clearly, much like this trophy site you are on now. But on the PS5, you are looking at each trophy individually, one at a time. You can sort the order of the trophies, but I don't think you can change back to the PS4 list view. Hope the option will be added later.

Edited by whassupbun
  • Like 1

My first impressions of the new UI is I think I will get used to it and i dont mind having bigger trophy icons as I like seeing the artwork more clearly. I dont mind the PS5 having squares and PS4 having rectangles. It makes it clear whats a PS5 game but I dont like how you have to click on the trophy to see the full description of what you have to do seems less user friendly. Could have atleast auto scrolled once you hover over it. Also how it spells out bronze trophy is harder to tell what the grade is when its clearer to just have the symbol. This information should be without having to click on it. 

They might change things over time with feedback.

In short I dont like it at all. 
The slick nice trophy system was my reason to stick with PlayStation. 

That ugly changes and the noise from my PS5 could let me switch the party to team green. What was unimaginable for over 10 years and 3 generations. I’m still thinking about it.