PS5 Trophy UI Revealed

PhantomFear94

1 minute ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

Hope you can remove that voice because that is so irritating and also hope that they can be organised alphabetically  

my first impression too, I assume you can.  That voice in the background, can’t think anyone would want that.

The PS4 game list artwork have been crap in generell compared to the ps3 where most games had graphical icons (twisted metal, red faction gueriella, vanquish and god of war are good examples) whereas on the PS4 it's just a lazy recatangle copypaste screenshot  (mafia defentive eiditon, resident evil 3 and mega man 11 are examples).  

This looks very bad as well, but at least the new squares for all ps5 games will make it look a bit more consistent 

• Like 3

People, just read a description and focus on the video content... then you wouldn't be saying how the voice in the video irritating is.

For those lazy ones - the video shows how the UI works for people with visual impairments... the guy who is describing that is almost blind I guess. 

Edited by Bykovsky7
  • Like 2

For anyone asking, think the "talking" is voice-to-text for visually impaired accessability, as the video is primarily going through accessibility options. Was the first video I saw which really went into the trophy list, hence the share. I didn't make any point to this originally as I thought it would have been obvious from the video title (now have made mention of this, edited). 

30 minutes ago, cckerberos said:

I mean, the video was explicitly focusing on the PS5 user experience for gamers with visual impairments. A group that I think very much does want that.

^ this guy knows. PS have made great strides w/ accessibility, as have Xbox. 

56 minutes ago, MichMasteR said:

so themes are no more?

PS themes are a thing, pretty sure it was leaked by Dead by Daylight store listing. Imagine nothing is really live yet apart from owned PS4 games or review copies?

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/10/ps5_themes_all_but_confirmed_via_dead_by_daylight_listing 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Sturmhauser said:

The PS4 game list artwork have been crap in generell compared to the ps3 where most games had graphical icons (twisted metal, red faction gueriella, vanquish and god of war are good examples) whereas on the PS4 it's just a lazy recatangle copypaste screenshot  (mafia defentive eiditon, resident evil 3 and mega man 11 are examples).  

This looks very bad as well, but at least the new squares for all ps5 games will make it look a bit more consistent 

Still 100 times better than this

1 hour ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Got to admit. Im not kean at all. Like the op said the left to right scroll is terrible. 

Ive only watched a bit and not had volume up but where are the plat trophies for each game?

how is the scroll terrible?

17 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

I hope you can customize it, not fan of that left to right scroll at all.

why is that?

16:9 games art titles is a horrible decision. Ps4 still in rectangular and ps5 in square, why? and if they change back to rectangular but theses launch ps5 titles remains in square, just why? lol

scroll left-right is bad also.

I was excited to see this but yea, disappointed.

MHO

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

Look I do as well but I don't think it looks terrible, I just don't see a reason to call it terrible..different sure but not terrible

Yeah terrible might have been a strong word to use lol. Credit to sony for using new ideas and trying something new. The ui looks really fresh and very modern