PS5 Trophy UI Revealed

PhantomFear94

14 hours ago, Sturmhauser said:

The PS4 game list artwork have been crap in generell compared to the ps3 where most games had graphical icons (twisted metal, red faction gueriella, vanquish and god of war are good examples) whereas on the PS4 it's just a lazy recatangle copypaste screenshot  (mafia defentive eiditon, resident evil 3 and mega man 11 are examples).  

This looks very bad as well, but at least the new squares for all ps5 games will make it look a bit more consistent 

13 hours ago, zGaete- said:

16:9 games art titles is a horrible decision. Ps4 still in rectangular and ps5 in square, why? and if they change back to rectangular but theses launch ps5 titles remains in square, just why? lol

scroll left-right is bad also.

I was excited to see this but yea, disappointed.

MHO

Couldn't have said it better myself. I was honestly excited when I seen the UI. I thought when we finally seen the trophy load out it would have been a step forward. This is a gigantic step back. These main tiles used to look so good on PS3. Thats what drew me to trophy hunting over the ugly little 16:9 thumbnails on 360. I think if enough of us complain hopefully they change it back. Because this really puts me off how horrible these tiles look now. 

• Like 1

i prefer the top to bottom scrolling, wonder why they don't show plats though. 

Eh that's the thing about consoles now, things can be touched up via updates.

Do i think we will eventually get folders again? yes. AND themes and Hopefully avatars...

Hopefully also able to organize trophies alphabetically too.

But i get it, they wanna try something different and thats fine. But eventually they need reasons for updating other than "system performance" BS.

Also i think some people fail to remember it is a pandemic. So both PS5/XBSX could have lost some features due to dev time and they wanted to make this holiday season no matter what so they went with the basics just to meet release and demand.

a big concern i have with ps5 right now is dualsense.... some reviews say the controller lasted 2hrs on astro, and 5 on Spiderman MM, yet other reviews say 13hrs... which is it.

If haptic drains a ton of battery im putting that shit on lowest setting or off if we can. 

Lets hope this is just Version 1.1

in a few months or so, with update 2.0 or something they will rework this. 

To be honest, i dont care. But to be even more honest, i do care, and i like the current design. Bronze, Silver and Gold look kinda cheap, Platinum looks like a kid designed it. :/

the ps3 and I believe the vita used to have a small cool touch or an Easter Egg when looking at the trophy list on a specific games as some of them have a weird looking trophies as if they cut an image in in pieces and if you for an example collected half or all the trophies then enter the list of the said game trophies then pressed triangle then press up on the D-pad the trophies images will be arranged in a one top down scroll to makes a full picture, the games I played that have this style is Onichanbara Z2 Chaos, Gravity Rush Remastered DLC's trophies and Ragnarok Odyssey Ace on the ps3.

they got rid of that trick on the ps4 and so most devs have stopped making their trophies to looks like that.

it's not a massive important feature, but I used to likes it back on the ps3

Edited by yellowwindow7
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, shadow_hunter_x2 said:

i hope it s not the fan of the ps5 i m hearing in the background... that would be way to loud for my taste :/

Other than that, i think it s cool the put fuctions in to make it easier for impaired people :)

It's clarified in the comments of the video that the fan noise you hear is from their laptop.

While I'm not the biggest fan of the change from what I can see, they briefly went over many aspects of the UI in favour of showcasing the Screen Reader, so I won't have a definitive opinion until I can tinker with the UI and settings first-hand myself.

40 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

So how we delete are trophies ... Cant wait so I can get rid of some games!! :)

Unlikely lol.

We all know people would delete the games they couldn't platinum if they had the option. I extremely doubt it would happen with ps5 tracking play statistics and trophy progress. 

6 hours ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Unlikely lol.

We all know people would delete the games they couldn't platinum if they had the option. I extremely doubt it would happen with ps5 tracking play statistics and trophy progress. 

Naw it will be there IM sure it will! Sony knows this is a feature people been screaming about! If not on launch .. It will be there 100% IM sure of it!

14 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Naw it will be there IM sure it will! Sony knows this is a feature people been screaming about! If not on launch .. It will be there 100% IM sure of it!

The fact it interferes with data I can't see them (Sony) being for a feature like that... Could you imagine the trouble it would be for sites like this and truetrophies with people deleting trophy lists. I can predict elitists not being happy with the feature if trophy percentages were impacted. 

This looks like utter shit. This is literally designed for a 5 inch touch screen when gaming is allegedly moving to 4k. Brilliant. Really taking advantage of those big resolutions. Web design has the same problem right now. Nobody knows what they're doing.

On 2020-11-06 at 11:05 PM, LegacyJKO09 said:

i prefer the top to bottom scrolling, wonder why they don't show plats though.

But i get it, they wanna try something different and thats fine.

My only theory on them dropping platinums in the main list view is to keep a visual consistency. They could have come up with something like PSNP uses, that was an elegant solution to a silly problem. But that requires talent which is sorely lacking at PlayStation right now, at least with regards to their UI design. And it has been since Vita, what a mess that was for UI... particularly silly given that it easily could have re-used the best UI design of the XMB. Just enlarge the selected area so it works with touch controls as an option and boom, done. But nope. Bubbles you can organize and thus a UI you have to fix yourself if it's not intuitive. Freedom isn't good for UI. MySpace learned that the hard way.

edit; oh and even if that is the reason, it doesn't make much sense. But I expect that of a lot of UI decisions, not just from Sony. The banners from old games having different dimensions means a huge inconsistency visually, an ugly one at that. Much uglier than just seeing a platinum icon tossed somewhere on screen, but then not there for other games which is how it is on PS4. Can't even argue it's for PS5 only owners since PS5 plays PS4 games...

Change isn't the problem, quality is the problem.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 2

The thing I don't like about trophies (and activities) being shown as vertically-oriented rectangles is that it cuts off a lot of text. Some trophies have longer names/descriptions and it's just ugly when they look like this (using my latest game as an example) 

"Scores are made to be b..."

Beat the high score duri...

"The Taiko no Tatsujin jou..."

Cleared a song without usi...

I hate that so much. Hope this is something that's addressed in updates. 

On 11/7/2020 at 2:05 AM, LegacyJKO09 said:

Hopefully also able to organize trophies alphabetically too.

a big concern i have with ps5 right now is dualsense.... some reviews say the controller lasted 2hrs on astro, and 5 on Spiderman MM, yet other reviews say 13hrs... which is it.

If haptic drains a ton of battery im putting that shit on lowest setting or off if we can. 

I saw trophy sorting options in one of the (many) UI videos I watched. Sort alphabetical A-Z, Z-A, or earned time. Something like that. 

As for battery life, I saw on another forum that the person reporting 2hr battery during Astro's Playroom actually put the character in a spot where there's a ton of constant vibration going on and just left it there, so of course the battery drained faster. Maybe 13 hours is when they just leave the controller on but not using it. With normal use, I think we can expect at 8-10 hours. And yes, there are multiple settings for haptics/vibrations. Strong/medium/weak/off, IIRC.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 8:53 AM, Sergen said:

Sony is making all the design choices that I personally don't want when it comes to how the XMB looks and how the trophies look. At least I'm not spending my time on a console solely to use the XMB, I'd be playing games and if I do want to view people's trophies I often check them out on this website. However with every generation of consoles they make the XMB and trophy list layout worse, PS3 > PS4 > PS5.

The best layout really was the Vita. Very close spacing, quick click into the game  trophy list and it broke out DLC into separate tabs (which the PS4 subsequently did too).

I would still say the Vita trophy UI is the cleanest and neatest of all the systems.

I don't like the look of this, but I'm old and I don't like change. I think it will be easier to adapt once I have my hands on the PS5 and we get to use it. Like anything, it becomes second nature over time but will feel like a big change at first.

• Like 2