Pokemon X & Y General Discussion and Trading Thread

Parker

Pokemon X & Y release tomorrow so I figured I'd make a thread dedicated solely to generation 6 instead of having to sift through the Pokemon General Discussion thread to discuss the latest game. 

Who are you choosing as your starter? I've decided that I'll be going with the Froakie unless you have to choose between a Gen I and Gen 6 Pokemon, in that case I'll be going with Charmander. I don't really like the look of any of the Gen 6 starters final evolutions but I think the water type looks the best and if I can get Charmander as well it will be nice to have the different types. 

I'm going with Pokemon Y as well. I think the legendary looks better, I am a male (Y chromosome...  :lol: ) and I prefer the Y version Mega Charizard over the X version. I was really disappointed with Black and White and form everything I've seen these games are a genuine evolution in the series and hopefully bring a lot more enjoyment. 

IGN video review

So, anything pertaining to X & Y can be discussed here. Your teams, online battles, tips, tricks and anything else you want to talk about. Only a few more hours to go.

Edit: I've decided to use this thread as a trading thread too. I was going to make a separate one but I figured if we're already discussing X & Y we might as well be able to trade with each other too. 

Parker

Edited by Parker

Good news for you Parker, you get the starter choice from X and Y and then get to choose one of the Gen 1 starters in the...3rd town I think it was :/ within 2-4 hours of playing.

So far the team I have is Rilou lvl 21, Braixen lvl 23 (fire starter 2nd evo) and a Wartortle lvl 19.

Loving it so far and was well worth the wait :D

• Like 1

Good news for you Parker, you get the starter choice from X and Y and then get to choose one of the Gen 1 starters in the...3rd town I think it was :/ within 2-4 hours of playing.

So far the team I have is Rilou lvl 21, Braixen lvl 23 (fire starter 2nd evo) and a Wartortle lvl 19.

Loving it so far and was well worth the wait :D

Thanks for the heads up. Did you play Black and White or Black and White 2? If so, how do these compare, in your opinion?

Parker

I'm thinking of getting chespin then squirtle. and the using the event torchic if i can

I completely forgot about that. I'll see what I can do about getting him too. Almost makes me think I should choose Bulbasaur to have a Fire, Water and Grass type... nah, still going with Charmander.

Parker

*Arrggggghhhhh* 

Really Tempting to buy a copy after seeing Geninja in the net... sorry Phoenix Wright... you might wait for a little longer before I buy you >___>

Would definitely pick Froakie and Charmander ^____^

Pokemon X & Y release tomorrow so I figured I'd make a thread dedicated solely to generation 6 instead of having to sift through the Pokemon General Discussion thread to discuss the latest game. 

Who are you choosing as your starter? I've decided that I'll be going with the Froakie unless you have to choose between a Gen I and Gen 6 Pokemon, in that case I'll be going with Charmander. I don't really like the look of any of the Gen 6 starters final evolutions but I think the water type looks the best and if I can get Charmander as well it will be nice to have the different types. 

I'm going with Pokemon Y as well. I think the legendary looks better, I am a male (Y chromosome...  :lol: ) and I prefer the Y version Mega Charizard over the X version. I was really disappointed with Black and White and form everything I've seen these games are a genuine evolution in the series and hopefully bring a lot more enjoyment. 

IGN video review

So, anything pertaining to X & Y can be discussed here. Your teams, online battles, tips, tricks and anything else you want to talk about. Only a few more hours to go.

Parker

i my self am going for the x vers because it seems like the blue ver equivelent which is the 1st game i started with and even though recieving the Y chomosone would determine the male gender it would seem that all of the X mega evolutions(mewtwo in particular) are more masculine

I went to get my copy at midnight in my local ASDA. Picked up X version and so far I'm loving it, got about 9 hours clocked up. I'm just at the part where I get to pick between the Jaw fossil and the Sail fossil.

My team so far is

Frogadier lv. 26

Fletchinder lv. 24

Charmeleon lv. 24

Pidgeotto lv. 26

Zubat lv. 17

Pikachu lv. 24

X & Y are far far better than the Black/White generation which I got kind of bored of, never even got halfway through White 2

I love the Wonder Trade feature and being able to change my trainers clothes, I wasn't expecting to love the game as much as I do.

I preordered X, but I still have to wait for its arrival, considering I live in South America.  And I'm definitely picking Fenneken as a starter.  How can you not love Fennecs?

September-26-2011-03-13-19-heylookitsone

Awww.. sooo cute.... 

*saw Fennekin's Final Form in the Net* sorry... still got to go with Froakie...

Picked up the game yesterday and just completed the Pokemon League right now.

My team contained:

• Lvl 85 Blaziken
  • Lvl 65 Sylveon
  • Lvl 64 Venusaur
  • Lvl 63 Greninja
  • Lvl 62 Lucario
  • Lvl 59 Gengar

I'm just breeding Pokemon since I have all the Kalos beginners and also since I found a wild Zoroark and a Ditto. Amazing game, loving every second of it. :P

• Like 1

My team contained:

• Lvl 85 Blaziken
  • Lvl 65 Sylveon
  • Lvl 64 Venusaur
  • Lvl 63 Greninja
  • Lvl 62 Lucario
  • Lvl 59 Gengar
I'm just breeding Pokemon since I have all the Kalos beginners and also since I found a wild Zoroark and a Ditto. Amazing game, loving every second of it. :P

If you did all of this in a day as you say then you my friend need to go outside once in a while, I love Pokemon but come on man have you glued your 3/2DS to your hands and been getting drip fed Monster energy since you got it lol :P how did you get Sylveon btw is it through Pokemon Amie? I've heard it's either that or level Eevee up with a fairy move in its move set :/

If you did all of this in a day as you say then you my friend need to go outside once in a while, I love Pokemon but come on man have you glued your 3/2DS to your hands and been getting drip fed Monster energy since you got it lol :P how did you get Sylveon btw is it through Pokemon Amie? I've heard it's either that or level Eevee up with a fairy move in its move set :/

Go outside once in a while? I'm an university student that has university every weekday whether I have work to do there or to actually study. There is nothing wrong with spending my empty weekend playing Pokemon to relieve myself from the stress of study, assignments, projects and exams. I don't get asked out anywhere so going to university during the week is my "going out".

As for the Sylveon, I first maxed out its affection on Pokemon Amie and then I leveled up Eevee with a fairy move and boom it evolved.

the exp share is ridiculously overpowered in this game, some of my pokes are 7-10 levels over the ai's pokes. And I'm still pretty early in the game ( just met my first team flare grunt)

team is

L29 Combusken

L26 Wartortle

L27 Quiiladin

L20 Honedge

L20 Kirlia

Edited by Absolute Brawl3r

Jeez man it was a joke no need to get so defensive over it :S

Thanks for the heads up about Sylveon.

You are welcome and I wasn't being so defensive. I just believe no-one should be told to go outside just because they completed a game fast. Also it's a very cliche statement. :P

My team contained:

• Lvl 85 Blaziken
  • Lvl 65 Sylveon
  • Lvl 64 Venusaur
  • Lvl 63 Greninja
  • Lvl 62 Lucario
  • Lvl 59 Gengar

Damn, you must have really loved the game. Currently I'm at the 2nd gym leader (I planned on playing today because my parents took my son out today but I ended up sleeping all day long... Damn third shift) and I absolutely love the game. I'll go ahead and say that this is my third favorite generation. Gen 1 and 2 are top (I can't really decide between those) but Gen 6 is really close. The game looks great, plays great and sounds great too. I haven't found anything so far that I really dislike.

Also, how did you get a Gengar? Is there a place to get Ghastly in the wild or did you have to trade from another game?

Parker 

• Like 1

Also, how did you get a Gengar? Is there a place to get Ghastly in the wild or did you have to trade from another game?

Parker 

Route 14, Route 19, and Victory Road are where you can find Haunter/Ghastly. However, like previous games, you're gonna need someone to trade with. Best of luck in your journey!

• Like 1