Pokemon X & Y General Discussion and Trading Thread

Parker

Damn, you must have really loved the game. Currently I'm at the 2nd gym leader (I planned on playing today because my parents took my son out today but I ended up sleeping all day long... Damn third shift) and I absolutely love the game. I'll go ahead and say that this is my third favorite generation. Gen 1 and 2 are top (I can't really decide between those) but Gen 6 is really close. The game looks great, plays great and sounds great too. I haven't found anything so far that I really dislike.

Also, how did you get a Gengar? Is there a place to get Ghastly in the wild or did you have to trade from another game?

Parker 

Route 14, Route 19, and Victory Road are where you can find Haunter/Ghastly. However, like previous games, you're gonna need someone to trade with. Best of luck in your journey!

Pretty much what iMilkCarton said, it's easy to find Haunters. I wish you the best of luck and just a heads up, my game is Pokemon X if that makes a difference. :)

Also the game is awesome and very fun. Never been this hooked onto a Pokemon game since Pokemon Platinum. <3

• Like 1

So I just beat the 3rd Gym leader and I'm about to climb the tower in that town to learn about Mega Evolution. My team so far...

Charizard - Level 40

Greninja - Level 39

Talonflame - Level 39

Pikachu - Level 36

Tyrunt - Level 36

Eevee - Level 25 (just caught him and trying to evolve him into an Espeon) 

I am still really enjoying the game. My biggest complaint so far is the Gen 1 Pokemon cries. I appreciate the fact that they've been redone but I think they (well, the Charmander family at least) sound pretty terrible. Charizard in the older generations had a pretty intimidating cry when he was thrown into battle, now he sounds like a goober. Still, that is a very small complaint and really doesn't detract from the awesomeness of the game.

Parker

• Like 2

I'm still wondering if I should replace my Pikachu (lv. 60) with a Jolteon or evolve it into Raichu now.

Just beat the 6th gym and my team so far:

Vaporeon Lv. 48

Crobat Lv. 50

Flygon Lv 50

Tyrantrum Lv. 51

Pikachu Lv. 60

Charizard Lv 53

Edited by Lion-Lhasa
  • Like 1

I'm still wondering if I should replace my Pikachu (lv. 60) with a Jolteon or evolve it into Raichu now.

Just beat the 6th gym and my team so far:

Vaporeon Lv. 48

Crobat Lv. 50

Flygon Lv 50

Tyrantrum Lv. 51

Pikachu Lv. 60

Charizard Lv 53

Jolteon looks gorgeous in this version. I replace it for Pikachu and its now level 50 :)

I got 6 gym bagdes and I'm just about to enter the Frozen Cave.

Lucario 50

Charizard 58

Blaziken 62

Jolteon 50

Greninja 56

Gabite 45

My team's changed a little, now it's made up of:

Crobat Lv 64

Charizard Lv 63

Vaporeon Lv 60

Flygon Lv 63

Raichu Lv 73

-blank-

I'm not sure what I should have in the last space, and I plan to go catch myself a new Eevee to make a Jolteon.

I must say I'm really enjoying seeing my old favourites in 3D with all the extra animations. Caught myself Xerneas too on my second try with the third Ultraball, I've never been lucky enough for legendaries to be caught so easily.

Also apparently the rate of shinies has increased so I've heard, what does everyone else think?

I've played 32hrs now and not seen one.

After completing the Elite 4 this was my team:

Greninja Lv 79

Blaziken Lv 70 

Dragalge Lv 66

Talonflame Lv 66

Gengar Lv 71

Venusaur Lv 69

Anyone have Clawitzer?  I have Y so I can't get one..anyone willing to part with theirs?

I ran into a white flower Flabebe and was able to catch it. Anyone got lucky finding the other colors?

I caught a red flower Flabebe and evolved it into Florges (I found the shiny stone at the skiddo ranch)

Edited by mahoganyman

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/16/look-out-for-this-pokemon-x-and-y-game-breaking-bug

Heads up, Pokemon Trainers: according to multiple player reports, a game breaking bug has been found in Pokemon X and Y's Lumiose City.

The problem, which is apparently rendering player's files irreversibly corrupt, seems to occur after saving in the region. Players are reporting on forums that their 3DS becomes unresponsive after trying to load the save file, and there is no solution other than to delete and start over. You can check out a video of the bug corrupting a player's 3DS below (viaGame Informer). The bug is being reported across both European and Japanese versions of the game.

While there has been no official acknowledgement of the bug from Nintendo, it's probably best to avoid saving in Lumiose City... just in case.

http://youtu.be/1a70QhOI0TI

Found this on IGN. Careful now.

Edited by GamepartnersTV