Glitched trophies?

whassupbun

Hi people, I started with a Normal / Warrior difficulty playthrough to make the no death trophy easier, and unlocked the majority of the trophies in that playthrough.

Then started a new game on Hardcore / Legend difficulty, completed the game, but the Shaolin Legend trophy did not unlock for me. I went back to Level Select (the monk sitting next to a table with some scrolls) and completed any remaining levels, all levels now say "Difficulty: Legend", but still no trophy.

I'm also missing Coward's Path, not sure what the requirement is. I read on the Steam forum that you need to return to camp (edit: this turned out to be false, read my reply below on how to unlock). I tried dying in a level and select Return to Camp instead of Restart, or simply pausing the game and return to camp, but no trophy.

I see around 10-20% of players have unlocked these two trophies, so any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Edited by whassupbun
Added new info

9 hours ago, jimmysmith said:

HI whassuphun,

For Coward's Path, you just need to go to the end of any level then come back to the very first screen.

I did it on Mount Longhu.

Still no information about hardcore trophy?

Thanks for the reply! I'll try that tonight. Hey it's your first post! I appreciate you helping me out with your first ever post on the forum.

No progress on the hardcore trophy yet, the game is short but I'm hesitant to start a third playthrough until I'm sure the trophy will unlock without issue.

Actually the Shaolin Warrior trophy (complete Normal difficulty) did not unlock for me immediately after the final boss. It popped after I went back to level select and completed a couple more levels. But in my hardcore playthrough, I have completed everything, got all weapons/beads/shoes, all secrets, but no trophy.

Edited by whassupbun

5 hours ago, whassupbun said:

Thanks for the reply! I'll try that tonight. Hey it's your first post! I appreciate you helping me out with your first ever post on the forum.

No progress on the hardcore trophy yet, the game is short but I'm hesitant to start a third playthrough until I'm sure the trophy will unlock without issue.

Actually the Shaolin Warrior trophy (complete Normal difficulty) did not unlock for me immediately after the final boss. It popped after I went back to level select and completed a couple more levels. But in my hardcore playthrough, I have completed everything, got all weapons/beads/shoes, all secrets, but no trophy.

I finally plat it.

I only did 1 playthrough:on easy.

So I didnt unlock difficulty related trophies so I did again all levels on legend beginning by chapter 5,4 and so on>still no trophies.

I played one last Time the final level on legend and then finally unlocked both difficulty trophies.

Hope it can help.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 2:53 PM, jimmysmith said:

I finally plat it.

So I didnt unlock difficulty related trophies so I did again all levels on legend beginning by chapter 5,4 and so on>still no trophies.

I played one last Time the final level on legend and then finally unlocked both difficulty trophies.

Hope it can help.

Thanks for the advice! I also finally plat it just now. I replayed the final level twice and the Hardcore trophy finally unlocked for me, so there must be some tracking issue with the game. But at least I didn't have to start a third playthrough.

For Coward's Path, I listened to your advice and did it in the Mount Longhu level.

For anyone else reading, just to be clear, the trophy requirement is you have to reach the end of a level, and run all the way back to the beginning of the level. On Mount Longhu, get to the end and press R1 to shut down the flame wall. Do not go inside the final battle area, just run back to the start of the level and the trophy will unlock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/11/2020 at 0:53 AM, jimmysmith said:

I finally plat it.

Hope it can help.

So you can get hardcore tropjy but playing the game on easy? Then start the last level and get hardcore? Not understanding g what you are saying?

10 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

So you can get hardcore tropjy but playing the game on easy? Then start the last level and get hardcore? Not understanding g what you are saying?

I believe what he meant was he first finished 1 playthrough on Easy, then use level select to replay all levels on Hardcore in reverse order (from the last level back to the first level), which didn't unlock the Hardcore trophy for him, but he replayed the final level on Hardcore again and the trophy popped.

It's definitely glitchy. I also had to replay the last level for the difficulty related trophies to pop.

2 minutes ago, whassupbun said:

I believe what he meant was he first finished 1 playthrough on Easy, then use level select to replay all levels on Hardcore in reverse order (from the last level back to the first level), which didn't unlock the Hardcore trophy for him, but he replayed the final level on Hardcore again and the trophy popped.

It's definitely glitchy. I also had to replay the last level for the difficulty related trophies to pop.

I see so what should I do? Replay the levels backwards 

4 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

I see so what should I do? Replay the levels backwards 

I did separate playthroughs just in to be on the safe side.

I finished one playthrough on Easy first, so the no death trophy is more manageable.

Then started a new playthrough on Hardcore. The first few levels can be a bit challenging, but things will get easier as you upgrade your skills (the skill that let you levitate enemies is very OP). It'll only take you an hour or two to finish the game if you skip all dialogues, and you'll know what to expect from your 1st playthrough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whassupbun said:

I did separate playthroughs just in to be on the safe side.

I finished one playthrough on Easy first, so the no death trophy is more manageable.

Then started a new playthrough on Hardcore. The first few levels can be a bit challenging, but things will get easier as you upgrade your skills (the skill that let you levitate enemies is very OP). It'll only take you an hour or two to finish the game if you skip all dialogues, and you'll know what to expect from your 1st playthrough.

Ok thanks 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, whassupbun said:

Samsara what is this trophy? I thought it was for dying its  not .. Any tips 

11 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Samsara what is this trophy? I thought it was for dying its  not .. Any tips 

It is for dying and continuing, but I don't know for how many times exactly, I didn't count, it just popped for me after doing it a few times.

Here's the official hint from the dev:

We're not gonna explain the last achievments before the game launch, but we can give you a couple of hints:
— since Samsara is a concept of reincarnation, you might need to, errr, reincarnate. A lot.

So it's not just dying, you have to "reincarnate" as well.

Edited by whassupbun
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

So, 2022 the difficulty trophies are still glitched. If you're like me and played the whole game start to finish on Legend and not unlocking neither difficulty trophies (but the complete all missions and complete the game with dying trophies did) and the solutions of replaying the last level 3 times, replaying each chapter from descending order while also defeating the last boss in between chapters on Legend, and trying to complete the last chapter on easy are not working.

This worked for me. Complete the last chapter from the mainline mission giver, not the chapter select mission giver, on normal first, earn the trophy, then complete the final mission on Legend.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just got the platinum, the game is nice, but the trophies are glitchy in co-op, only the host gets the difficulty and story completion trophies, the skills trophy is also buggy in co-op, my friend got it all up, he didn't get the trophy, he quit and joined me again and the trophies pop well when he talked to the skills pnj again 
If you want to do the game in coop, you will have to do the game at least 2 times in legend because only the host gets the trophies. Fortunately it is not long!

I was very happy with the game until I had problems with the trophies. I was not able to get the Shaolin Legend trophy after completing the game on lower difficulty and then changing it to Legend. None of the advices on forum solved this (replaying last level multiple times or any other levels  in different order etc). I only got the trophies after I starting a new game on Legend difficulty. Now that I've finished everything, I can only say - f**k this game!

• 3 weeks later...

I beat the entire game on Novice difficulty. I then chapter selected in descending order all the levels on Legendary difficulty. The trophies didn't unlock. I loaded up the final mission again, beat the boss and the two difficulty related trophies unlocked. Weird.

TIP: Upgrade Seal of Attraction to the max, wear the 108 Passions beads (necklace), Monk shoes and equip the Jade Cliff weapon. Once you're in each level spam the shit out of :l2:+:circle: during each enemy encounter. It makes this game on Legendary a complete walk in the park. I enjoyed this developer's other game, Redeemer, a hell of a lot more.

Edited by MrTacoNinja
  • Like 4

• 7 months later...
On 9/26/2022 at 10:35 AM, MrTacoNinja said:

I beat the entire game on Novice difficulty. I then chapter selected in descending order all the levels on Legendary difficulty. The trophies didn't unlock. I loaded up the final mission again, beat the boss and the two difficulty related trophies unlocked. Weird.

TIP: Upgrade Seal of Attraction to the max, wear the 108 Passions beads (necklace), Monk shoes and equip the Jade Cliff weapon. Once you're in each level spam the shit out of :l2:+:circle: during each enemy encounter. It makes this game on Legendary a complete walk in the park. I enjoyed this developer's other game, Redeemer, a hell of a lot more.

This also aplies to the Arhat trophy. I had all levels at zero deaths but had to replay the final level for it to pop the trophy.

Online coop seems to mess a lot with trophies. Upon talking for the first time to the skill guy in my friend's game, I got the trophy for learning one technique. I didn't get the other trophies for that, even though I had everything maxed out. I had to quit his game, join again, and talk to the guy again, to unlock all three trophies at once. I also got the trophy for collecting all items after the first coop level, but I didn't get the trophy for finishing all missions at the end of the game. For that, I needed to play everything again in my game. I also couldn't unlock Be the Wind, neither in his game nor mine. It eventually popped during a normal fight, without me doing what was needed (but I did all kinds of methods before that several times). Anyway, glad it's over.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 6/15/2023 at 2:48 AM, Larkinator14 said:

Have replayed the final level on legend at least 8 times now and still no trophy. All the missions are legend underneath. Have no clue what to do.

Congrats on the plat!

So, what did you do?