[Suggestion] Multiple accounts

madbuk

I have quite a few alts (I only use one though, Madbuk100) and it would be nice if I could assign Madbuk100 and madbuk to my forum account. It would also be nice to have Premium on both without paying again. I hate having to wait 60 minutes again :S

This would allow easy access to both profiles, so I don't have to have the trophy card in my sig, and an easy way to update.

I know other people on here that have quite a few alts, too.

Using alt accounts isn't something I'm fond of.  Sometimes we allow people to use alts, if they've forgotten the password to their main account.

I often find that most alt account users are the drama setters or usually have motivation to deceive the community, they'll use one account to bitch and moan about how different they are to everyone, whilst the other account becomes their best friend that ego wanks them to sleep at night.

This also makes it a bitch when I want need to ban you for being a dick.  I've then got to go and check on all your other accounts.

I dont think Sly is as opposed to alt accounts as I am, But we'll have to see what he says.

• Like 1

I'd like to see it simply because currently if someone decides they don't like their PSN name and wants to start over they have to create a completely new account here. It'd be nice if we could assign other PSN accounts to our PSNP account here, as long as we could verify we are the true owner, of course. 

Parker

• Like 4

Using alt accounts isn't something I'm fond of.  Sometimes we allow people to use alts, if they've forgotten the password to their main account.

I often find that most alt account users are the drama setters or usually have motivation to deceive the community, they'll use one account to bitch and moan about how different they are to everyone, whilst the other account becomes their best friend that ego wanks them to sleep at night.

This also makes it a bitch when I want need to ban you for being a dick.  I've then got to go and check on all your other accounts.

I dont think Sly is as opposed to alt accounts as I am, But we'll have to see what he says.

I don't have another forum account (that was going to be a question, wether I could have an alt)

But you know better than anyone I'm more of an ass-kisser than a bitch ;)

No you're not - you were a *heart* to eburk :P

But why not multiple psn's for 1 psnp account, seems a fair point I guess?

Not multiple forum accounts though, for the same reason AF already stated

Having just 1 psnp where you can link for than 1 psn user seems like a good idea. Obviously, you would need to prove you own the psn username.

You could then see if people favour one account over another (maybe one has many more trophies) or something similar.

I am thinking about making a new psn account where I only add games I intend to platinum / 100%.

It would be nice, if I do, to be able to link that to my account on here so people can see I have a psn user account where I have a high completion rate.

Seams like a good thing for me (allowing to link all our PSN accounts to a single PSNP account, not trophy list profile, each account have a unique PSN trophy list profile).

On the other hand, I probably wouldn't use it, for 2 reasons:

1st - my alts are just backup accounts, that I use on PSN to boost games when more accounts (or a 2nd PS3) are needed, to try games before deciding to play them on my main account, or to access the UK/US PSN Stores (sometimes demos and stuff takes to long to get released on other places, same reason why I though more then 1 time in getting a JPN account).

2nd - 1 of my account (ID: evertell), have hacked trophies, from when I was trading in GT5, and someone asked me if I wanted them to move their garage to my alt account save, so I would have a bigger car list to trade from (or to move some cars I wanted to my main account when I felt like it), and I said yes, I didn't knew that some of the trophies would unlock automatically by doing this, so I have a few hacked trophies on that account (don't ask me what trophies are, but anything that takes to long to get was from the hack for sure, but no Gold Standard trophy). Was a really naive mistake at the time, and when it was offered to me, I didn't even though that extra things (other then the actual garage) would end up on the save..

In the end I don't really want those trophy lists associated with me anyway, since they are accounts I use only once in a while and if I'm using them, there's 99% chance I'm boosting, so no need to make them public..

Still for anyone who regularly uses multiple accounts, that would be useful.

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Wouldnt that allow someobe to jump to the top of the leaderboards 'legitimately' by creating 500 linked accounts and platinuming Hannah Montana 500 times?

Obviously that would kill a person, but you get what I mean....

I never said that it would be a combined trophy list ;)

Just an easy way to access the trophy list of both via a simple link after you've connected them both to your forum account. (If you get what I mean. Maybe I didn't phrase the OP perfectly :hmm: )

I'd like to see it simply because currently if someone decides they don't like their PSN name and wants to start over they have to create a completely new account here. It'd be nice if we could assign other PSN accounts to our PSNP account here, as long as we could verify we are the true owner, of course. 

Parker

Agreed .