Is this games online community active?

TheFinalVerse

On 20/11/2020 at 7:15 PM, ObliviousSenpai said:

It's probably not as bad as PC, but the community is not very active. Kate Bishop is releasing in a few weeks, so you might see an increase in activity around then. If you're just going for trophies, you should be able to do everything solo.

I also heard you can do everything solo, but I was wondering if you can do everything (except the story) with a group of four?

6 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

I also heard you can do everything solo, but I was wondering if you can do everything (except the story) with a group of four?

Aside from the story, the mega hive and elite heroic hive are solo activities, but maybe that'll change at some point because there's been a lot of complaints about having these activities be single player.

• 1 month later...

Through a lot of research and threads and just finishing this game. Make sure if you’re going for the PLAT and care about finishing it sooner rather than later, you should do majority of the trophies solo, as idk about now, but the multiplayer and whoever was host would kinda glitch out some of them, aka if you aren’t host on Hive missions, they won’t count for the 50 Hive missions.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Game is on sale now and I’ve been wanting to play it for a while now but I now wonder if the game is totally dead or if it still has an active player base? 

I know you can solo everything but I prefer to play with others since I find it more fun that way. 

I'm looking at it also... The PS5 free upgrade is coming in March. So I wonder if the sale then the free upgrade ALONG with Hawkeye coming out will increase the playerbase.

Even if I only played it solo 30$ for a soon to be free PS5 upgrade seems worth it. Maybe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

I'm looking at it also... The PS5 free upgrade is coming in March. So I wonder if the sale then the free upgrade ALONG with Hawkeye coming out will increase the playerbase.

Even if I only played it solo 30$ for a soon to be free PS5 upgrade seems worth it. Maybe.

If you happen to buy the game feel free to tell me your experience on the health of the player base here =>

• 2 weeks later...

I will say this, the online community is somewhat dead it's not impossible to find games but it won't be instantaneous either. But I don't think that is what the problem is, the problem is everyone is off doing their own thing. You'll have a guy doing every single thing there is to do on the map, one guy is getting chests and materials, and one guy who think it's a racing game rushing to the end taking. (and it's possible to take everyone with you to the next area even if you're alone) And you can bet at least one of these players will leave during the match. 

You will also be put into matches with other high level players. So either you're not doing enough damage and getting 1 shotted or your teammates are. Also if both of your mains are Iron-Man and Thor be prepared not getting your main picks.

While this game was and is designed for multiplayer, I had more fun playing solo or with 1 other friend.

• 1 month later...
On 26/02/2021 at 9:14 AM, BestUsername---- said:

I will say this, the online community is somewhat dead it's not impossible to find games but it won't be instantaneous either. But I don't think that is what the problem is, the problem is everyone is off doing their own thing. You'll have a guy doing every single thing there is to do on the map, one guy is getting chests and materials, and one guy who think it's a racing game rushing to the end taking. (and it's possible to take everyone with you to the next area even if you're alone) And you can bet at least one of these players will leave during the match. 

You will also be put into matches with other high level players. So either you're not doing enough damage and getting 1 shotted or your teammates are. Also if both of your mains are Iron-Man and Thor be prepared not getting your main picks.

While this game was and is designed for multiplayer, I had more fun playing solo or with 1 other friend.

The game was dead on launch, I don't think it's unreasonable to say that this game is on the chopping block as soon as the promised DLC roadmap is complete, and they can kill it off without a PR backlash from the 12 people still playing it. It's already almost free to play in under 8 months, you could buy PS Now for a month, do everything there is to do in the game and still have 3 weeks left to play good games. 

• 5 months later...