Samakin_Pie

Anyone else hoping for more Katamari

7 posts in this topic

As much as I love this game, it’s a little underwhelming compared to We Love Katamari and Beautiful Katamari. It still confuses me why they chose this one and why it took 2 years to come to playstation. Here’s hoping they rerelease more katamari games, or better yet release a new katamari game.

13 minutes ago, Samakin_Pie said:

release a new katamari game.

I'll sign up for this.

It might be the nostalgia goggles, but Katamary Damacy is the one I've enjoyed the most. I've also played We Love Katamari and Beautiful Katamari and found the locations and soundtrack of the former much better than the later ones (which are also amazing, btw). Looking forward for this plat, but will wait for a sale to get it.

Absolutely hoping for more Katamari. Bought this one twice (Switch physical and PS4 digital) and would gladly re-buy more Katamari titles if they put them out. These games are just so much fun! No bullshit, just simple, satisfying gameplay and a massively enjoyable soundtrack to go with it.

We Love Katamari probably plays the best, but I think the soundtrack on the first game is the best.

I am even quite nostalgic now for the PS3 version.

It's a shame that both the PS3 and this version suffer from slowdown sometimes.

I mean why should there be slowdown in this game, PS3 perhaps, with all the new shader renders you could do in the game. But this version is basically the PS2 version in higher res just for PS4 and it's not even 60fps either, still stuck at 30fps.

Anyway, yes I hope we get all the other versions, I will certainly buy them all.

I just completed the game, only the roll up everything trophy now. Just looked at my collection, 89%....

As much as I love this game, I don't think I can be bothered with the platinum this time around. Felt like I was playing for 2 weeks on the PS3 version just to roll up all the items and the cowbear stuff, but at least on that version you had the turbo boost engine mode to speed things up. 91% completion is likely enough for me.

Hopefully We Love Katamary will be released sooner rather than later.

Unfortunately I never had the pleasure of playing the originals. My first foray was Katamari Forever on PS3. I have yet to play Reroll on PS4, but the wife and I played quite a bit on Switch, as it has been out there for a while now. 

I completely agree OP that this game felt very underwhelming compared to the majesty that was Katamari Forever!! Let's just hope that if enough people buy this and show interest, then this will spark them to create a brand new Katamari experience!! That being said, I still plan on picking this one up and adding another Katamari plat to my collection 😁

It would be amazing with more Katamari. Imagine a true next-gen katamari: the scale and scope of the world, the amount of items on display. I believe it would be immensely fun! And i believe that the concept is still truly great. I thouroughly enjoyed Katamari forever on the ps3 but seeing as ps4 or 5 release of a new katamri would be a dream-come-true!