Why is the UK PS store so awful?

Humonic

US playstation store, a new game retails on there for $60, that's fine that's what the games retail for in mainstream stores anyway

But on the UK PS store a new game retails for an insanely stupid amount, example FIFA 14 £40 everywhere, if you order it on amazon it's £40 in most supermarkets it's £40, it's pretty rare to see a new game over £40 to be honest, but on the UK PS store FIFA 14 is £59.99, how?

How out of touch are they with the UK market? Who in their right mind would pay £20 extra for an inferior product? No case, no manual, no disc, no waiting hours to download it, no losing it if you lose your PSN account, none of that and it's £20 cheaper, who the F would pay £59.99 for it? 

Why is it £59.99? Why are games so stupidly over priced on the UK PS Store? I honestly find it extremely rude that they try to shaft us like this, if anything I thought they would have our backs in this department and at least and try to give us a few deals, but no everywhere I look it's just overpriced BS that no one in their right mind would pay for,  it annoys me because it renders the store absolutely useless for me, aside from ps + and a couple of indie games, it would make no difference to me if it didn't exist. 

So why are they so insanely over priced? Does anyone actually know? 

I don't understand this either ...... 

My guess is that it's because they have to pay Sony a cut 

and don't wan't to make a loss themselves so they put the price up .

Steam takes 30%? i think I could be wrong, why wouldn't sony just take 30% and retail it at the regular retail price? even if they did want a cut a 50% increase on the actual retail price is just insane.

Aside from having overpriced games how is the UK PS store awful? Just curious. 

Parker

We had to wait years and I mean years to get the spyro trilogy, it was on the US store and not on the uk store for a long time, we still don't have counter strike GO, we actually don't have quite a few games that are on the US store, sounds small but you asked we miss out on quite a lot of cool avatars, I go to the US store and capcom and a few other publishers have release these sweet ass avatars and we don't get them. For ages the UK store avatars sucked so much ass.

So we miss out of quite a few games and if we ever do manage get them we pay a lot more for them anyway, okami is $10 on the US store, it's £16 on the UK store.. wtf?! we have some avatars here that cost £1 literally £1 for one digital image, it's F'n crazy o,O

Steam takes 30%? i think I could be wrong, why wouldn't sony just take 30% and retail it at the regular retail price? even if they did want a cut a 50% increase on the actual retail price is just insane.

We had to wait years and I mean years to get the spyro trilogy, it was on the US store and not on the uk store for a long time, we still don't have counter strike GO, we actually don't have quite a few games that are on the US store, sounds small but you asked we miss out on quite a lot of cool avatars, I go to the US store and capcom and a few other publishers have release these sweet ass avatars and we don't get them. For ages the UK store avatars sucked so much ass.

So we miss out of quite a few games and if we ever do manage get them we pay a lot more for them anyway, okami is $10 on the US store, it's £16 on the UK store.. wtf?! we have some avatars here that cost £1 literally £1 for one digital image, it's F'n crazy o,O

You guys have quite a few racing games on your store (and physical copies) that we never got over here for whatever reason, so you've got some things we didn't get either. I really don't understand why digital content isn't made available worldwide, it can't be that hard. There has to be more to it I guess though. 

Parker

• Like 2

I have no idea man , I am hoping that prices on PS4 Store will be cheaper .

You guys have quite a few racing games on your store (and physical copies) that we never got over here for whatever reason, so you've got some things we didn't get either. I really don't understand why digital content isn't made available worldwide, it can't be that hard. There has to be more to it I guess though. 

Parker

yeah I don't understand why it's not universal either to be honest, the prices should be a fair conversion too, there has to be an actual reason behind and not just ohh we're lazy and we just like it this way xD There's loads of people who want Japanese games, I shouldn't have to make a Japanese PSN account to access them. Seems like laziness for advertising reasons but that can't be it. xD

I'm from new zealand and in america people will pay a max of $60 for any game. here the dollar excange is 83c per dollar ish. but all games that come out here are $119 each, whys that?

Basically if you're not american they don't give a fuck about you xD evidently they screw everyone else over.

EXACTLY what I always say. It's so annoying....

We don't have Guilty Gear.. enough said.

I hear you..

The only answer we got was...

Nov 26

@Yamanaka_ARC

GGXXACP for the PS3 in the North American region will be released on the 4th of December 2012. The price will be $14.99. #guiltygear

Nov 26

@Yamanaka_ARC

For the release in the Europe region, please wait a bit more. Thanks for your patience. #guiltygear

Greed is an awful thing, it blinds these companies.

They sell a copy to a distributor that sells to a store and the final price is 60 plus taxes.

then sony try to sell the digital copy without all these costs and try to charge the same prices,

it's all about getting profit, besides that, the digital copies don't cost anything to sony so they will sell less but the profit is larger per sale.

They might be thinking about keeping a standard price for digital, since the future theorethically will be digital.

And if they put prices down now, nobody will be wishing to pay more in the future.

All speculation of course.

But if you think that is bad, you should buy a car here in Brazil, we have cars made here and sell them to our neighbour countries and

they sell the cars there for half the price. It's absurd"!!!!!! :angry:

Parker

I really wanted the cool Killzone 3 avatars that you got on the American store, and I was in direct email contact with a developer from Guerrilla Games (from trying to get certain glitches closed up to stop people exploiting them), and I raised the question of why the Killzone avatars available to the UK were basically crappy versions of the ones that America got, and all he could say was that Sony have different marketing strategies in each region.

I agree with you though that all content should be made global, there's a hell of a lot on the Japanese store that I'd love to have access to!